Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins At Cowboys Final

TK

Jesus Christ you guys. Remember back in the old days, like 5 years ago when it was an unthinkable sin to EVER start a qb before his third year? Remember last week when this offense lit a good team up for 500 yards? How about the week before that when they lit an Ok team for another 500? Remember when when we took a 16 mil cap hit and had to let Lorax go? These things matter, they add up.

You know what I see? Week to week improvement in all phases of the game. Ok maybe burns needs to be fired, but in all other phases of the game. Denver? Their O isn't much better than Dallas, their D is a lot worse if our improvement is equal to what it's been eachweek thus far we can beat them. Chicago is tough they worry me. The other two are practically trap games. 4-5 is still very reasonable, from there 9-7 is really quite doable. This season will be over when we're losing and NOT improving, not a moment before.

Jesus Christ you guys. Remember back in the old days, like 5 years ago when it was an unthinkable sin to EVER start a qb before his third year? Remember last week when this offense lit a good team up for 500 yards? How about the week before that when they lit an Ok team for another 500? Remember when when we took a 16 mil cap hit and had to let Lorax go? These things matter, they add up.

You know what I see? Week to week improvement in all phases of the game. Ok maybe burns needs to be fired, but in all other phases of the game. Denver? Their O isn't much better than Dallas, their D is a lot worse if our improvement is equal to what it's been eachweek thus far we can beat them. Chicago is tough they worry me. The other two are practically trap games. 4-5 is still very reasonable, from there 9-7 is really quite doable. This season will be over when we're losing and NOT improving, not a moment before.

For the love of God, put the Kool Aid down.  There was no improvement.  Dallas played like **** and we still lost handily.  Nothing more nothing less.  Special teams regressed, the offense still sucked.  I will give you the defense has improved since Week 1 and they were given a bad hand tonight by the special teams but the season is in fact, over and this team is glaring with holes.

real talk, do you guys really think RG3 can be a pocket passer? for real because it like he only plays good if he can run but if hes not running or read option then he holds the ball and has turnovers. its frustrating yo. making bad reads and then every other pass is either high or way off.

As always, this thread ****ing sucks.

Special teams killed us tonight.  I thought the D played scrappy, and Griff missed some throws he usually would hit.  That Garcon miss late I think woulda been a huge play.

My biggest takeaway is that Griff looked much healthier tonight.  He'll get it back.  And I'm so glad Hankerson gave the haters a reason to jump on him...again.  The game was over.  Meaningless.  He's stepping up for us, and I like where he's going.

Losing to those douches always sucks, but we got the Bears next week.  Not waving the white flag yet, let's get a W.

Shanahan seems like he is defeated in the post game presser.

I often wonder if that was Gibbs feeling when he left the second time.  I realize his grandson was ill, but I feel like this franchise wears on you and I can only imagine the way it must wear on those who work for and within it.  I'd feel like crap too.  It's almost like damned if you do and damned if you don't.  We cannot get out of our own way.  This is typical football under Snyder's reign.  Last year was an aberration....don't fool yourselves.  Doh :wacko:

real talk, do you guys really think RG3 can be a pocket passer? for real because it like he only plays good if he can run but if hes not running or read option then he holds the ball and has turnovers. its frustrating yo. making bad reads and then every other pass is either high or way off.

Yes, guy has the arm talent and intelligence.

To turn into a great pocket QB takes time.

Brady, Brees, P. Manning, Eli, all took time 

We'll never find out if people want to run him out of town before he learns how to be one. I wanted to see more traditional drop back passes last season for this very ****ing reason.

What has Allen ever done either her or his career to be the person that not only survives these last four years but to be promoted?

You probably don't realize it, but that scenario is the exact thing that happened with Vinny when Gibbs quit. Vinny went from organizing scouting reports and - I dunno - setting up a racquetball schedule to being in charge of everything.

racquetball scheduling is a complex beast. Lets not downplay Vinny's accomplishments.

Lemme guess:

maxresdefault.jpg

That would be a BAD guess, my friend. Not only have I been to Dallas countless times, but I've also been to several Cowboys games, dating back to 2003. Been a fan for 32 years as well. I even have a nice pic of Texas Stadium. 

Got anything else?

That would be a BAD guess, my friend. Not only have I been to Dallas countless times, but I've also been to several Cowboys games, dating back to 2003. Been a fan for 32 years as well. I even have a nice pic of Texas Stadium.

Got anything else?

You also a Yankees and Heat fan?

GTFO

For the love of God, put the Kool Aid down.  There was no improvement.

Really?

Our "historically bad defense" held a guy who just went out and threw for over 500 yards to less than 175 yards. We held their run game to under 50 yards. They allowed only 10 points when the opposing teams offense wasn't starting on our 15 yard line or closer. Dez Bryant managed 36 yards.

If that's not "improvement" on defense than I don't know what is.

In terms of offense, I believe we saw progress with regards to RG3's pocket awareness and mobility. Neither are where they need to be, but progress is undeniable.

Griffin moved around in the pocket and slid away from pressure far better today then he has anytime this year. Griffin's 77 yards rushing today was more than all four prior games COMBINED. His decisions to run were more decisive, and he showed a bit more speed and burst.

Does making improvements in various areas every week mean we're GREAT! or were we need to be? No. But there were definitely some positive take aways today. Unfortunately, the negative take aways for were far greater.

The number of idiots with low post counts is even more stunning.

Did I offend you so bad that you had to resort to insulting me? It's exactly people like you that cannot hear criticism about Griffin for some bizarre reason. I don't think he needs to go, I like him a lot, but the number of people defending his poor play is, yes, stunning.

You also a Yankees and Heat fan?

GTFO

Don't hulk out, dude. 

Though I respect those teams, I'm actually a Braves and Pistons fan as well. Have rooted for those teams for the better part of the last  20+ years as well. I'm glad I'm not bound by location to root for some teams like a few of you seem to be.

Archived