Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins At Cowboys Final

TK

Brian Orakpo has had ZERO tackles today. 

Disappeared AGAIN in a divisional game. 

Must

Resist 

Urge .....

Hail. 

Of all the things to comment on, you're going to pick on Orakpo?  The defense did their part.  Stopped the run, and made Romo sits to pee uncomfortable all day.  Give me a break.

Come on man. He's a young player. His skills are incredible. But he has never been a pocket passer. It's just going to take some time. 

Yeah, I agree. RGIII has a bright future. In time, he will develop into an elite passer. He has all of the tools you'd want in a QB. He didn't get a full offseason in and he's learning the lessons that all young QBs have to learn. Whatever you are good at, teams will find ways to take that away from you and you have to adjust. RGIII will figure it out and he'll be fine. 

I'm not thrilled with RG3 lack of understanding of the game. He has no pocket presence and that is something he can't learn. he has awful mechanics and as apparently everyone knows can't handle more then one read.. I'm sorry but it appears his football IQ is greater then his ability

Collinsworth just said it... RGIII has missed several very easy, very open throws tonight

I guess he's a hater too.

The interior of our offensive line is terrible. Our special teams are bad. Our defense is historically bad, our receivers can't beat man coverage, and Alfred Morris is not an effective threat outside of the read option

We have more holes than our $18 million and 2nd round pick can fulfill this offseason. Not a lot of young talent either when you consider the neutering of Morris outside of the RO

Guess what I'm saying, I don't think it's just this season that is going to be long. Our wave of FA signings from 3 years ago will all be showing their age here in a year or two also

Guess this is what Bruce Allen means when he says that the cap penalty will effect us for several years

But Collinsworth also said that while RGIII missed some throws, the receivers did not get open vs man coverage.   

Unfortunately.....you could be spot on with your analysis.....looking more and more like we just caught fire last year, and that was an anomoly vice reality.

Collinsworth just said it... RGIII has missed several very easy, very open throws tonight

I guess he's a hater too.

He also said that RG3 isn't to blame for the loss and played really hard, and looked much better. I mean, to me, this was the first game we saw him really running the RO and his speed and acceleration looked much more like last year. His throws weren't great, but he had to do a LOT with no real separation, WRs falling down, and getting linemen pushed back into him. I think he missed several throws, but people are calling to bench him, or trade him. Its his 2nd year, he's recovering in record time from knee surgery after setting numerous rookie QB records. We have to give him at least this year, right? I mean Cam struggled last year and people were calling for him to be benched, but sophmore slumps happen.

I'm starting to feel like a fan of a city who's doomed to fail at every professional sport.  Hope is not a strategy so I think I'll just call a spade a spade.....

Being a DC fan is tough and we (all DC teams) stink like poo!   Sadly I'm apathetic and have grown fairly numb and bored over the years.  This game was kinda the icing on the cake for me.  We are so far from a championship that it's laughable how we thought (including myself) we were actually close.  

Dude, we're nowhere close to a Lombardi.  We've got talent here and there, but we're so thin and Shanahan is a ****ing liar....lol and a good one at that.  I'm not buying the sell job any longer.  This franchise is an embarrassment from top to bottom.  I'm embarrassed to call myself a DC sports fan but I am so there it is.  Sucks......that is all ;)  

I still say he doesn't plant his feet.. Hence balls in the dirt, balls five yards over the guys heads..   Let's just call a spade a spade. He is a option, read option QB.. When forced by injury or play calling into being a pocket passer, he's NOT worth 2 Number One picks.. This team better stick to the read option or face another decade of mediocre to bad teams.

No......This team better invest in an OLINE that protects the QB to develope into being a pocket passer!!!!! Not some of these journey men olineman we have.

We've been destroyed on the field, on the sidelines, and called racist bigots who shouldn't even be allowed to exist and a disgrace to the nation's capital by some two bit commentator.

Can it get any more embarrassing?

It's especially hard for us living in opposing teams territories (Ravens).

Archived