Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins At Cowboys Final

TK

The cup is half-full. Stop the madness folks.

The defense was improved. They held Romo sits to pee and company to respectable numbers tonight.

The offense sputtered. The receivers did not get the job done with dropped passes, poor route running, could not shed their defenders, fell down, etc. The result was RG3 did not have time to do anything. RG3 started off well but as the game went on and Dallas increased their defensive efforts, he fluttered his passes, fumbled at an inopportune time and was ineffective. The running game (again) was underutilized and Kyle must be blamed again with poor play calling.

Our special teams sucked. The punter didn't get the job done by staying away from the returner and kicking line drives instead of hanging it high. I think it came down to Dallas executing their returns and scoring big on both returns.

All in all, an all-round poor performance by the Skins.

I'm done. I'm not sure I have the heart to watch next Sunday.  I know a lot of Bears fans too.  More of them than Cowgirls fans.  And my office staff will be giving me the business all day tomorrow, though I'm supposedly one of the bosses.

I was foolishly hopeful this morning, but now I'm back to my prediction of 5-11.  But I struggle to see that we even win that many. 

I have to say, I actually hope Snyder regresses and relieves us of this coaching staff.  They'll **** up the positive cap situation we are looking forward to.  And Bruce Allen looks like he's failed. 

I still like RGIII, and I still like Alfred.  But we won last season because those guys played beyond their capabilites as rookies.  Now that they've hit a sophmore slump, we are left with the grim realization that our coaching staff is incompetent.  We are only marginally better than the Cerrato days, and that is an odious thought.  Even Zorn could've coaxed more fire out of this team. 

I read somewhere that, for most of our defense, their contracts are up after this season.  I hope that's true. But I have no confidence in Shanahan et al and their ability to sign the right FA's or draft well in the later rounds (which we are stuck with after getting our QB). I am not absolving the players, but it starts with the brain trust. 

Let the record state: I am now officially on the Fire Shanahan bandwagon.  I've taken the oath and everything.  I've lost any faith that he can takes anywhere near the Promised Land, unless its as spectators or in a tour group. 

Firing Shanahan accomplishes nothing now. Many people had similar perspectives on the team the previous year at 3-6, and performed a 180 when we ended up reeling off seven straight wins and making it to the playoffs. Does that result seem likely this year? No, but i've accepted the the detrimental effects cheering for an athletic team produces, and i've learned it stems from immediate responses emotionally. Its human nature. We construct a pessimistic shell to protect ourselves from disappointment, carving out room for some semblance of optimism. Next week's a new game, by wednesday we'll find out Jarvis Jenkins is "hungry" to establish himself. Kdawg will have deconstructed how "close" our offense is away from exploding, and confidence will ensue. cheer up.

Locating a good six pack of IPA also helps. 

Don't hulk out, dude. 

Though I respect those teams, I'm actually a Braves and Pistons fan as well. Have rooted for those teams for the better part of the last  20+ years as well. I'm glad I'm not bound by location to root for some teams like a few of you seem to be.

It's called supporting your local team.  Not uncommon......unless you're a frontrunner or bandwagoner which is what little kids do, not grown men.  Grown men support their local teams or at least support teams indigenous to their locale (upbringing, job location, etc).  Did you live in Dallas, Atlanta, and Detroit?  

You're a ****ing sell out.  It's alright.  I was a Skins, Lakers, Red Wings, Braves, Bulls, and Packers fan as a little kid (for obvious reasons for most of those teams given my age).  I eventually grew up and started supporting my local teams in my late teens and beyond b/c that's what big boys do.  Some people choose not to and I personally thinks that's childish and too easy.  Those people have a propensity to jump ship or jump from team to team.  Each to his own I suppose.  Also, grown men don't troll on other teams fan message boards.  

**** off!  

Don't hulk out, dude. 

Though I respect those teams, I'm actually a Braves and Pistons fan as well. Have rooted for those teams for the better part of the last  20+ years as well. I'm glad I'm not bound by location to root for some teams like a few of you seem to be.

It's because no one accepts you.  I know.

But we'll accept you on ES, man.  It's all good.

As always, this thread ****ing sucks.

Special teams killed us tonight.  I thought the D played scrappy, and Griff missed some throws he usually would hit.  That Garcon miss late I think woulda been a huge play.

My biggest takeaway is that Griff looked much healthier tonight.  He'll get it back.  And I'm so glad Hankerson gave the haters a reason to jump on him...again.  The game was over.  Meaningless.  He's stepping up for us, and I like where he's going.

Losing to those douches always sucks, but we got the Bears next week.  Not waving the white flag yet, let's get a W.

the game thread always sucks. Its the embodiment of people's proclivity to react emotionally.. have to accept it. knee jerk reactions( no pun intended)

The cup is half-full. Stop the madness folks.

No, it's not.  Unless of course you're talking about all the alcohol being consumed at present time.  I feel you but it's the very reason the Skins suck....can't pull alll phases together.  The defense played great, but that doesn't matter.  It's a team game with three phases, not one.  

All three phases have to play well to succeed....not great but well at the bare minimum.  Teams played poorly, offense played below average, and the D played great.  Not a recipe for winning and it's the same story nearly every week.  We're never firing on all cylinders and quite frankly we were lucky to win many of the games we did late last season.

Fools gold bro.  Fools gold.  

Our D was MUCH better this evening than in any prior game; 2 of their TD drives started inside our 20, and another was a kick return. We outgained them by a 2:1 margin. Our WRs were held in check, but I chalk that up to the Dallas DBs just playing darn good games. After all, DHall held Dez to......what, 40 yards? Once you factor in Kai's missed FG, this loss basically boils down to STs. Wish we didn't leave so many points on the field, though.

Playoffs are very unlikely at this point.......but the same was true last year as well. I won't rule them out completely, though I'm mostly just looking for more improvement at this point.

Amerson- concussion

Kehl- knee (not sure of severity)

Sundberg- knee (not sure of severity)

Thanks.

Maybe we see Minniefield called up from the PS.

Losing Kehl obviously hurts Teams.

Sundberg - uggg...I guess they can re-sign the dude who filled in for him last year if necessary.

Thanks.

Maybe we see Minniefield called up from the PS.

Losing Kehl obviously hurts Teams.

Sundberg - uggg...I guess they can re-sign the dude who filled in for him last year if necessary.

No problem.  Hopefully they'll get well this week and nothing too severe or anything that will keep them out for any length of time.  

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 just said on post game that Kehl heard something in his knee pop but Dr. Andrews couldn't determine after initial examination the severity of the injury.  

Thanks for the coverage TK and posting the videos of the pregame warmups. I hope to see more videos of the same in future games.

Glad you liked them. It's something we've kicked around for a bit about doing to enhance the coverage. I finally found an app that let me upload straight to YouTube so that's why it took do long.

Gonna take a 4 hour power nap & head home. We should have pics up tomorrow.

Gaahhhh. How can this possibly be the same team from last year? All I want is a 2nd win next week over Chicago, and I think I want Philly to win next weekend, in case we somehow reel off 3 wins in a row, cause I think it will be easier to catch up with Philly...will post more later this week...for now off to sleep.

real talk, do you guys really think RG3 can be a pocket passer? for real because it like he only plays good if he can run but if hes not running or read option then he holds the ball and has turnovers. its frustrating yo. making bad reads and then every other pass is either high or way off.

You posted this same thing in the thread that was locked. Real talk, you're being idiotic. He came from a college spread offense and didn't run a lot of drop back traditional pocket passing last year. It takes time for people who have never done something to learn it at an elite level. Not to mention the fact that his OL is average at best, his WRs can't get open and he is 5 games in and 9months out from a major knee surgery. I'd say we can give him a little more time before we completely write him off. 

But let's run him out of town because naturally, the franchise savior is on the bench and was so well thought of 32 teams passed on him at least 3 times. Of course that would be the case, not the guy considered one of the best QB prospects ie passing talent to come out of the in a long time. Real talk bud. 

This nonsense is driving me nuts. Griffin did more pocket passing at Baylor then option. Baylor is a spread offense not an option offense. Now if people want to say that Griffin didnt do rhythm drop back passing from under center that is true. But all he did at Baylor was pocket passing just like Geno Smith, Andy Dalton, Sam Bradford etc.

Make it stop

Glad you liked them. It's something we've kicked around for a bit about doing to enhance the coverage. I finally found an app that let me upload straight to YouTube so that's why it took do long.

Gonna take a 4 hour power nap & head home. We should have pics up tomorrow.

Yes my 7 year old son and I enjoyed them! I always like showing up to games early to see the warm ups and your vids really helped the game come to us. Thanks again!

I'm sorry to all the DHall haters on this board, but without him god knows what the final score would have been. He single handedly kept us in the game by blanketing Dez all day.

Without a doubt, DeAngelo Hall is the MVP so far for this team through 7 weeks. And that is sad.

I think momentum for us turned by that strange call by the refs that said that the Cowboy player was pushed into the ball.  He wasn't pushed into the ball, the ball bounced up and hit his butt.  He was pushing one of our guys out of bounds.  We should have had that turnover, and I believe that took some of the wind out of our sails.

Not liking the refs in this game.

Archived