Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pft Report: Adrian Peterson's Son Severely Beaten - Update: Peterson's Son Has Passed Away

Boss_Hogg

I have no words for this :(

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/11/report-petersons-son-beaten-in-critical-condition/

When reports emerged that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson missed practice and traveled to South Dakota due to a “medical issue involving [a] young family member that likely will be a police matter,” several tipsters linked the news to reports from Sioux Falls of a man named Robert Joseph Patterson charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant, who is in critical condition.

TMZ reports that the link indeed exists, and that Peterson’s two-year-old son is in critical condition after being severely beaten, allegedly by Patterson.

Per the report, Peterson’s son suffered severe head injuries.

We continue to wish Adrian Peterson and his family the best as they deal with, if the report is accurate, an unimaginable situation.

We've had TWO cases of the boyfriend killing his girlfriend's child in about a year over here. Where do they find these guys? Seriously, I throw a lot of the blame on the moms. Some of these dumbass women will let any man watch over their kids.

severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child, TMZ has learned.

This must make it even worse for Adrian.

It's hard to even imagine a punishment suitable for somebody who would do something like that. I hope the other inmates "enjoy his company".

See, this is why I sometimes hate fantasy football.  When I first heard that he had left the team for family issues, my first thought was, "Oh man.  What is this going to do to my fantasy team?  Should I play him this week?"  Now that I know the details, I feel like a complete ass

We've had TWO cases of the boyfriend killing his girlfriend's child in about a year over here. Where do they find these guys? Seriously, I throw a lot of the blame on the moms. Some of these dumbass women will let any man watch over their kids.

I agree. There should have been some warning signs that the dude was ****ed up in the head, when he does something like this. I doubt he just randomly snapped and did this.

I doubt dude makes it far in prison, beating up an infant.

What an awful story.  Doesn't sound good, but I hope his son can somehow pull through.  May that d-bag Patterson rot in hell.

Not meaning to be inappropriate, but if Adrian does play Sunday as expected, I feel sorry for anybody trying to tackle him.  

this is stupid

you dont blame the victim.

this is stupid

You leave your kid with some violent idiot, you are partially to blame. Getting back to one of the similar cases in Buffalo. Woman left her kid with her boyfriend who had spent time in PRISON and he ended up.killing the child. Before the murder, family members went to the dept of protective services about abuse of the child. They did nothing. Now there's an investigation.

Please, don't yell me the mom is totally innocent in this.

this is stupid

You leave your kid with some violent idiot, you are partially to blame. Getting back to one of the similar cases in Buffalo. Woman left her kid with her boyfriend who had spent time in PRISON and he ended up.killing the child. Before the murder, family members went to the dept of protective services about abuse of the child. They did nothing. Now there's an investigation.

I agree. It's not a popular stance to take, and I'm sure she's torn up about what happened, and if I knew her personally, I'd be doing my best to console her, but although she does not deserve all of the blame, she is not absolved of it. As a parent, you are responsible for the type of people you bring around your family, especially when this comes down to a single mother and her child, and even further, an infant child. I've already gone on record as saying that I've witnessed domestic violence as a child numerous times, and I'm aware of the lasting effects.

One thing it taught me (and I don't carry this as a grudge anymore) is that women (and single parents in general) do not get a pass for stuff like this. Like I said before, it's highly unlikely that something in the POS just snapped and led to this. Making poor relationship choices when you have a child to raise can lead to an event, or sequence of events, that can permanently damage an individual, or an entire family.

Unfortunately for her, she just experienced something that's going to stay with her forever. Though she is not the one who did it, and though I'm sure she cared deeply for her child, she might spend the rest of her life killing herself over it... And that's tough.

That was her responsibility, so no, in my eyes, looking at this from an outside perspective, she does not deserve kid glove treatment. She just learned a very horrible lesson.

Unreal man, It's terrible to think we have people living in the US capable of doing something so horrific.  I can't wait to watch the intro of the Carolina and Vikings game when he touches the field on Sunday (in a good way).  May his son rest in peace.

Archived