Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pft Report: Adrian Peterson's Son Severely Beaten - Update: Peterson's Son Has Passed Away

Boss_Hogg

Either you don't get it ... or you are not reading. 

The posts i quoted were attacking the mom ... all I said was AP should get blame as well, if we are dishing out blame, like the aforementioned  posts that I quoted were.  It was his kid also and the child was his responsibility just like the mom, but the posts I quoted seem to lay a lot of the blame on just the mom.  

read ...

This has nothing to do with mom/dad or male/female. This has to do with the legal guardian that has custody of the child allowing a known abuser to be alone with the child. If AP had custody and left his son home alone with a crazy woman that killed him... I'm fairly sure we'd be ripping him apart in this thread.

This also doesn't change the fact that the man that killed this poor child is a monster. He's the killer here and he will pay for what he's done.

Either you don't get it ... or you are not reading. 

The posts i quoted were attacking the mom ... all I said was AP should get blame as well, if we are dishing out blame, like the aforementioned  posts that I quoted were.  It was his kid also and the child was his responsibility just like the mom, but the posts I quoted seem to lay a lot of the blame on just the mom.  

read ... 

So basically, the only reason why you specifically think AP should get blame is because the mother is? I'm just trying to understand here. You think the mother doesn't deserve some blame at all? Personally, I think the perpetrator deserves most of the blame (obviously), but you don't see how there is a parenting issue with a woman who brings a violent man with a rap sheet into her home with her infant son?

Maybe AP could've been in communication more with her (if the courts allowed that), but I doubt he could do anything as far as demanding to know the names of the guys she's seeing, or doing background checks, or requesting custody or anything of that sort. Courts are very partial towards mothers. It's not like at 2 years old he can also call the kid up and ask them how things are household wise. The two situations are not the same. At all. The woman directly went out and brought a madman into her home.

I heard, third hand, that Peterson never met his son until he saw the child in the hospital on life support and had only recently even found out that the child existed.

That was reported on TMZ. Stupid trying to blame AP for who the mother of his child was bringing into HER house, even if he was actually a factor in the child's life.

This whole case is a sad example of what is going on so often in our society as a whole. Babies being born out of wedlock to unfit parents who have no real desire to raise them. They are just a byproduct of 2 irresponsible adults who could not take the time to use some form of contraceptive while enjoying themselves.  And who is the victim in this tragedy the 2 year old little boy who did not ask to be brought into this world and has to die at the hands of a monster before even getting a chance to start to live life. My sympathy is for this child and all the other ones who are abused or neglected everyday.

Sorry post is underlined not sure why that is happening

Isn't there a photo bouncing around with AP holding the child and playing ball with him?

The tot was apparently a “secret” child, according to media reports. Peterson was not sure the child was his until recently.

Peterson, who is not married, has another son about the same age named Adrian Peterson Jr., and a daughter, Adeja, with a different woman.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/peterson-leaves-vikings-critically-injured-son-report-article-1.1482734

You leave your kid with some violent idiot, you are partially to blame. Getting back to one of the similar cases in Buffalo. Woman left her kid with her boyfriend who had spent time in PRISON and he ended up.killing the child. Before the murder, family members went to the dept of protective services about abuse of the child. They did nothing. Now there's an investigation.

Please, don't yell me the mom is totally innocent in this.

dude, nothing in your post blamed the person who killed the kid, only the mom.

The mom was in a bad situation, but that guy killed the kid. Do you blame Adrian Peterson for not being there for the kid too?

dude, nothing in your post blamed the person who killed the kid, only the mom.

The mom was in a bad situation, but that guy killed the kid. Do you blame Adrian Peterson for not being there for the kid too?

Those two situations are not the same, which has already been explained. DM already said that the guy that killed the kid is basically a pos. No one here is ignoring that. However, the situation involving the mother deserves discussion, no matter how unfair it may seem to you.

Some of the replies in this thread are just as sad as the situation.

Violence begets violence.

Not that it changes much, but cases like this usually are not intentional. I doubt the man wanted to kill the child.

The guy beat a child, a defenseless two year old...  to death.  I get your intention but seriously you are defending the guy by suggesting it wasn't premeditated?  To me people who prey on those who can't defend themselves, especially children, usually do not need me to defend them. 

I also get your point about an eye for an eye, but its such an intensely negative thing, for a parent its just hard to hear about, let alone go through it. 

To be fair to the mom, do we know for certain that she knew that Patterson had a history of violence? Were any of his past charges related to her at all? Is it possible that she had no idea what his history was? I mean normally ****ty people, when they start relationships, are pretty good at hiding their ****tiness for awhile. She very well could've had no clue, he could've been the nicest guy, treated her great and treated the kid great while she was around. Maybe she went out to the store or something and asked him to watch little man for a couple of hours. With no witnesses around, he was able to let his true self out and it went to an extreme (don't get it twisted, not defending him/making excuses for him, at all--just trying to look at all angles.) Maybe I missed an update to the story but I think any jump to conclusions about the mom are way premature (and any attempt to blame Peterson here is just ****ing dumb. Period.)

Some of the replies in this thread are just as sad as the situation.

Violence begets violence.

Not that it changes much, but cases like this usually are not intentional. I doubt the man wanted to kill the child.

We'll never know his "mind" at the time.  But I believe you're right. 

I can only hope he gets his "just desserts"(Ellery Queen reference). 

First off, RIP to the kid.  Such an awful situation.

There are SO many questions about Peterson's role in this situation.  If I'm not mistaken, there was no paternity test done?  This child may, or may not have been his to begin with? 

Bottom line, these dudes need to start practicing safe sex.  This situation could have been avoided. 

This has to do with the legal guardian that has custody of the child allowing a known abuser to be alone with the child.

A groupie who has unprotected sex with an athlete, and apparently can't even be certain who the father is after she gets knocked up, turns out to be a horribly irresponsible mother with perilously atrocious tastes in men...who could've guessed?

Rodney Harrison ripped Peterson a new one on his sunday morning show. He wanted to know what kind of person has as he had 7 kids with 7 different women. He wanted to know if Peterson has heard of Aids and other stds and mentioned how each kid will cost him 7-10k a month for the next 18 years. Peterson will be out of the league in another 5 years so he better make good investments as he will have to pay long after he retires. Prime reason why these mega stars go broke.  Peterson also bears some responsibly in his sons death.

Archived