Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

The time to separate Trump from his voters was the first month of his campaign.

I think this is very true, His followers have no interest in hearing from the media, party establishment types, or intellectuals that they are wrong to support him.  It's like the phenomenon where you show someone evidence that something they believe is wrong and they believe it more.

Trump is Putin.

Two Putins is dangerous.  One is bad enough.

Re: Sequestration -come on now - what about the President?

yeah,  sequestration was the poison pill neither party wanted to swallow and was supposed to be the motivation for both parties to compromise.   It was something neither party wanted.   The GOP sacrificed the 10% defense cuts.   The Democrats sacrificed 10% cuts off social programs.

Two Putins is dangerous.  One is bad enough.

Fox News Host Says She Wants Putin To Be Our Leader To Get Things ‘Done Right’

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/fox-news-host-says-wants-putin-leader-get-things-done-right/

Republicans Have Found Their Dream Leader and His Name Is Vladimir Putin

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/10/republicans-dream-leader-vladimir-putin.html

The right’s rekindled affection for Russia’s Putin

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-rights-rekindled-affection-russias-putin

You're getting your villains mixed up. Putin is KGB and organized crime super villain. Trump is a blue blood business man wearing a cotton candy hat.

Their appeal is the same.  It's the "I'm the only guy willing to say **** you to our opponents".  Look how strong I am!

People really believe that Trump will magically change our trade deals and that will bring back jobs.  I think that's the heart of his support.

Trump is Putin.

I don't think so.

For example, I really doubt that Trump has ever ordered anybody killed. (Although, I don't think it would take much of a stretch to imagine Cruz doing so).

Now, I think I could imagine Trump DOING THAT, a year or two from now, if he has the power. But I doubt that he's done so, to get where he is, today.

Hillary is a typical politician who will shift policies with the wind, is self serving, and power hungry. But to say she is as bad as Trump is ridiculous. The guy is petty and vindictive and is playing on people's lowest instincts to win an election. How would he react if he felt Putin slighted him?

Yeah you tell yourself that. Hillary isn't a typical politician. Typical politicians are charismatic and have a core message. Typical politicians don't raise 3 billion dollars largely from special interests they are legislating over, BEFORE they become president.

As for being "as bad as Trump" I never said that. Trump is much better than Hillary. Trump was on the record being against the Iraq War, Hillary favored it. Trump is the moderate in the GOP field.. Hillary is as bad as Rubio or Cruz on defense. They have the same policy for the ME. Hillary is a hawk.. what we are seeing occurring now in the ME was championed in the Obama administration by Hillary.

To say she would be better than any of the GOP is absurd. I think she would be better on women reproductive issues but that's about it. Other than that a vote for hillary is the same as voting for Rubio and Cruz they are all supported by the same special interests.

I don't think so.

For example, I really doubt that Trump has ever ordered anybody killed. (Although, I don't think it would take much of a stretch to imagine Cruz doing so).

I heard Amerosa was hanging out around Megan Kelly's dressing room.

Now, I think I could imagine Trump DOING THAT, a year or two from now, if he has the power. But I doubt that he's done so, to get where he is, today.

I could imagine him doing it if elected because the white house buttler didn't get butter in all the nooks and crannies of his breakfast english muffin... Not like Hillary because the special interests paid her to do it or because she just didn't want to spend the political capital to speak up against it.

Nobody bought that. It was the GOP Shutdown to a majority, and not because the Dems/President are better at marketing.

Sequestration wasn't the shutdown. It was the unholy deal which both party entered into which said if they couldn't agree on a cut in spending equal to 10% of the federal budget by such and such a date, then a 10% cut would be applied across the board to all government spending. no prioritization.

Sequestration was supposed to be a poison pill which both parties would compromise to avoid. However, both parties could not reach a compromise, so now sequestration is the law of the land.

People really believe that Trump will magically change our trade deals and that will bring back jobs.  I think that's the heart of his support.

Not just the trade deals. Trumps stump speech has 4 main components.

(1) Illegal Alien crack down.

(2) Win again.. ( change trade deals).

(3) Rebuild Americ's infrastructure - by prioritizing, and bringing a businessman's perspective.

(4) Take care of the Vets.

Just wait til Trump goes misogynyitic on Hillary in the actual election. She may not loved by many..but I suspect it will backfire spectacularly. Nothing will rally the D vote like an attack on a minority (or a perceived minority).

That's what we have to look forward to. Trump and menopause jokes by him about Hillary. Yay us.

Just wait til Trump goes misogynyitic on Hillary in the actual election. She may not loved by many..but I suspect it will backfire spectacularly. Nothing will rally the D vote like an attack on a minority (or a perceived minority).

That's what we have to look forward to. Trump and menopause jokes by him about Hillary. Yay us.

He already did a bit. He called her taking a restroom break during one of the Dem debates "disgusting". I'm guessing this is a guy who is also absolutely terrified of menstruation or pretty much anything to do with the female body. He's essentially the oldest 13 year old in history.

Trump is charismatic and brilliant on TV. He has developed a cult of personality and has played minority ethnic/religious identity politics of exclusion--two of the oldest and most successful stratagems in the history of politics. He's used his television and branding expertise to build this cult. And he exploited the media's ratings driven tendency to cover campaigns as horse races first and foremost for a TON of free coverage that has subsidized his campaign's lack of fundraising and organizational infrastructure.

His support isn't just about his personality or him stoking nativist sentiments useful for motivating sizable voting blocs. On one hand, it has been essential to Trump's success that his supporters like and relate to him. But on the other hand, it's also essential that his supporters completely mistrust and dislike professional politicians. His supporters don't like how Marco Rubio is Sheldon Adelson's stooge. They love that Trump can and will and has said **** off to Adelson. They believe Trump is an authentic outsider and is his own man and that is HUGELY appealing to them.

I also think we tend to underestimate the ENORMOUS difference in the levels of information of various sectors of the electorate. Almost all of us are high information voters and we can't fathom why anyone would support Trump. But I bet if you went around talking to the people that actually support Trump, you'd find an odd mix of classic low information voters and true believing, largely misinformed ones--the ones who get the majority of their information about campaign issues directly from Trump's twitter account. When you meet the little old Salvadoran lady from New York that says she's going to vote for Trump because "He's the only real man" among the candidates, you start to understand the gap in information level you're encountering. Images and brand matter so much. And to them Trump's comic book slogans don't sound like parodies, they sound right.

I thought Kasich might have a darkhorse chance at the nomination simply by outliving Bush and Christie. Popular purple state governor with good credentials. But he's not the most likable personality and this isn't the first clumsy/sexist misstep of his campaign. He made a patronizing comment to a female UR student at a townhall style event where he told her he didn't have any Taylor Swift tickets for her in response to her persistent attempts to get called upon to ask him a question. He's kind of an awkward jerk.

Archived