Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

5 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

At this point I hope Hillary goes full covert ops Cold War propoganda on Russia's ass. My one beef with Obama has been Russia. And now we're seeing why. You give those ****ers an inch and they'll run a marathon on you. Time to stop playing nice. Boris Yeltsin is long gone. 

It's not just this. Russia has penetrated right wing militant forums and a lot of silly propaganda is spread around showing Putin as a tough guy and Obama as a wimp. I will try to find some of this propaganda and post it here. It's hilarious until you realize that it's working.

When you heard Trump making these claims two days ago, he wasn't talking out of his ass. He was regurgitating talking points DIRECTLY from far right wing militants. 

I don't think people are grasping the depth of this ****ery. As much of a moron as Trump is, there are some sinister people feeding him nonsense. His entire platform is a nod to extremist right wing propaganda. 

Here it is:

Trump is getting this **** directly from right wing militants. I wish we had media with balls who would nail him on this bull****.

Trump's interview with Larry King on RT, Russia's propaganda television network, began with King asking Trump "What surprised you most about running for office?"  Trump's answer: "The dishonesty of the media."

Here is his quote about that:

“The media has been unbelievably dishonest. I mean, they’ll take a statement that you make, which is perfect, and they’ll cut it up and chop it up and shorten it or lengthen it, or do something with it, then all of a sudden, it doesn’t look like as good as it did when you actually said it.”

And who is this Boris guy, the ex-Russian Trump talking head that MSNBC has on all the time. Craig Melvin gives him a hard time, calls him on the bull****. At this point, I think Melvin, Maddow, McDonnell are the best journalists on TV right now.

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Trump's interview with Larry King on RT, Russia's propaganda television network, began with King asking Trump "What surprised you most about running for office?"  Trump's answer: "The dishonesty of the media."

Here is his quote about that:

“The media has been unbelievably dishonest. I mean, they’ll take a statement that you make, which is perfect, and they’ll cut it up and chop it up and shorten it or lengthen it, or do something with it, then all of a sudden, it doesn’t look like as good as it did when you actually said it.”

Statement that is perfect word salad and bull****. 

This cycle is going to make a ****ing incredible movie.  "Based on true events."

I'm excited for the scene where Flynn is in the intel meeting asking really specific questions and making everyone feel really concerned (followed, of course, by a scene of whoever is playing Trump saying their body language showed distaste for Obama).

Outside of general hopes that Trump loses, I hope that Clinton wins by several points more than polling, with causal links tied to their data operation.

It would be the perfect illustration of what is often characterized as eggheads beating the jocks.  Data over celebrity.

I'll say this, the GOP really needs to get its data act together, and FAST.  2020 is a presidential election year.  Clinton tends to see rebounds on approval once she achieves a position, her approval dives only when she seeks higher positions.  Incumbents have a sort of built in advantage.  Barring a recession, it is likely that Clinton, once elected, has a decent 2020, as would Democrats generally.

With it also being a census year, district lines get redrawn, and they will likely go from heavily favoring the GOP to neutral (if not further).

If the GOP loses district drawing, demographics AND falls several generations behind on the data game, how do you come back from that?  

GotV data infrastructure is going to be the thing winning elections, Obama's data operations have been superb and Romney, who had similar operations going, took a hit because his app failed.

GOP insiders must be tearing their hair out.  Win or lose this election, they are being set up for further pain later.  Trump is likely a 1 termer if he wins, meaning 2020 still goes badly, AND your data gameplan can't even develop bc Trump would still be your nominee unless you launched a primary challenge to Trump.

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

When the rest of us are sleeping. He's popping stimulants and amphetamines to stay awake and watch everything said about him on TV.

Supposedly this is what he has interns doing.  Conway made some mention of this I think.  Minus the drugs.  Remember he used to have his secretary write down every mention of him throughout the day and collect them in a file for him to read through the next day. 

Ezra Klein has a video on his Facebook page about Understanding Hillary and how she will govern. The takeaway: she listens, and works out solutions. Here's a link to the transcript.

http://www.vox.com/a/hillary-clinton-interview/the-gap-listener-leadership-quality

It's worth watching the video, you will see what a lot of us see. And one of the main reasons Republicans fail at governing, the impose and don't listen.

Louie Gomert now playing doctor. Another deluded jerk.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/louie-gohmert-hillary-clinton_us_57d2cc22e4b03d2d4599fc74?section=&

24 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

@visionary, I'm shocked, shocked!

This is what I'm talking about. We need to be doing of more of this. Wikileaks releasing **** to Russia's benefit, we need to be "anonymously leaking" **** on Russia in return. Time to shine a giant light on Putin's corruption.

@No Excuses

Yeah buddy, posted something the other day about the alt right worshipping Putin. Whatever the opposite of a cuck is, Putin epitomizes that to them.

2 hours ago, visionary said:

I hate the use of the word "strong" in this discussion.  Lots of things can make someone a "strong" leader.  It doesn't necessarily mean that he's moral or good, or a model for what you want a president to be.  Strong can have a lot of different meanings, positive, negative or neutral, and polls like this lack nuance. 

Putin is an authoritarian with intense control over media and economy, that he uses to prop himself up and consolidate power, make him and his friends rich, and punish/kill his enemies.  He is a "strong leader" in the sense that he has tremendous power, influence and resources, and he uses them.  You might say he's a "strongman".  And if that's the lens we're looking through, or course he's a "stronger" leader than Obama.  Where's the opposition party in Russia blocking Putin from enacting his agenda?  

Or maybe "strong" to some people means that one is objectively smart and capable.  I don't think anyone would deny Putin is both of those things.  And it doesn't make you unpatriotic if you think Putin is smarter and more capable than Obama or any other President.  

Now Trump is taking his Putin admiration to a completely different level.  And that's incredibly worrisome because Putin is far more intelligent and capable than Trump, and Putin will take advantage of that if he gets the opportunity.  But I don't think it's fair to look at this poll as some kind of patriotism litmus test the way some are implying

Archived