Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senator Ted Cruz (R-Tx) Is Fillibustering On Cspan2.

Gallen5862

That was really funny!  And I too laughed at the very thought of my being considered a Republican.  :wub:

My employment decisions had nothing to do with siding with Republican issues, it has everything to do with my strong sense of independence, including from being an employee.  As soon as I didn't have to provide health insurance for my minor daughter, I became a consultant.  And I've had some very good years.  However, these last two years have sucked for me financially, and this year it's directly tied to the sequester, so much so that I can't afford to live in NOVA any longer.  I blame the sequester directly on the Republicans.

I'm currently uninsured health wise and will wait 3 more years for Medicare to kick in.  I'll pay the penalty because Perry, in all of his non-sense, isn't going to set up the exchange in Texas where I'm moving.  I hope nothing happens and that I continue to enjoy good health.  But when I had my appendectomy, I paid about $13K for that out of pocket.  Still, it was less than the premiums I would have had to pay since I had pre-existing conditions (for women, a C-section qualifies as a pre-existing condition, and how fair is that?).

Still, I can't wait to vote against Ted Cruz and any other Republican I can find on a ballot.  :lol:

I'm glad you saw the humor as intended  :)    I firmly believe it isn't Democrats or Republicans that is the problem.  It's what the political parties on both sides have become. We need term limits.     There's no incentive to reach across the isle to work for the best.  It's about pandering to the loudest voices who provide the power base and not the greater masses.    Unfortunately,  the apathy of the masses to be more involved in the process is a huge problem.   People can disagree on any number of things but still reach a comfortable compromise for all when rationale prevails. Right now, none is to be had in the current political landscape. 

Did you guys see Jon Stewart's comment aboutCruz reading Green Eggs & Ham?

“So to express your opposition to Obamacare, you go to the book about a stubborn jerk who decides he hates something before he’s tried it, and when he finally gets a taste, he has to admit after he’s tasted it, ‘This is pretty ****ing good.’”

You can't make this stuff up. Seriously. 

Then I saw a clip from Fox & Friends of Hassleback fawning over the reading of the book, and how she thought it was cute and just like reading a bed time story to children.

Now, I know she is a conservative and is probably happy to be among friendly faces, and was never really known for being the brightest bulb (multiple reports of how she was prepped pre-show by Getty on talking points to use) but if you see that segment of her, I just......I dunno what to say really.

difference between Ted Cruz and Anthony Weiner.... is just the degree of exhibitionism.

Mr Weiner did his sordid business in secret with (at?) individuals online..... Mr Cruz has porformed those sordid acts in the open, in front of all his colleagues

but in the end they both just enjoy jerking off in front of an audience.

AND....Cruz just voted for closure. On Sunday he said a vote for that would be a vote for Obamacare.

Can't make this **** up.

As much as I dislike Cruz, he didn't do that.  The vote they had was to end debate and consider the bill.  It was a motion to proceed.  Cloture will be a motion to end debate on the bill and vote. 

http://thefederalist.com/2013/09/26/the-bogus-case-for-compromise/

In a recent exchange on “Real Time with Bill Maher,” panelists went a few rounds on the GOP’s strategy for the upcoming budget showdowns (wily anarchists or slack-jawed yokels?) and talked about the pros and cons of “hostage taking” before MSNBC’s Chris Hayes chimed in with a pretty revealing comment:

To your point about whether it is a fair tactic, I think it’s useful to separate the kind of tactical question from the substantive one, which is to say, you know, like, if there was a liberal caucus in the United States government that could, you know, hold the continuing resolution hostage to try to stop a war that I thought was horrible, I would say, yeah, do it. The thing they’re trying to stop here is 30 million people getting health insurance! Like, that’s the substance here!

It’s the substantive question liberals have a problem with these days, not the tactical one.

A potential shutdown over the continuing resolution or the debt ceiling would be fine if the issue happened to move the liberal soul. But Republicans can’t possibly have a legitimate reason to want to defund/delay/defeat/de-anything Obamacare. The GOP opposes the law because of an insatiable impulse to deny millions of poor Americans health insurance. If Hayes were to concede that genuine objections existed – however misguided he might find them – he’d also be conceding that conservatives have a purpose beyond his own cartoon depiction of free-market beliefs.

In this cartoon the GOP are obstructionists, and that’s that. When Reid says any Republican House budget he dislikes is “dead on arrival” how many non-partisan publications will call him out on his uncompromising position? When the president states that negotiating with Republicans over debt ceiling “is not going to happen” how many reporters are going to point out that his stubbornness could potentially lead to a government shutdown?

But one of the remarkable and most often overlooked aspect of this debate is that it revolves around perhaps the least cooperative pieces of major legislation in American history, Obamacare. Shouldn’t those who idealize the D.C. bargain be concerned that a single party took control of a significant chunk of the American economy and compelled the participation of every family and business in the nation without a shred of support from the minority party?

Fact is, the only way for the minority GOP can collect any crumbs of concession is to trigger showdowns. The big trick is winning them. Whether Republicans have the right strategic ideas to achieve is another discussion. But with both parties drifting towards ideological purity over the past decade, there is no other way to forge compromise without some level of anguish. There has to be a showdown on every major issue because there is less common ground to work with.

Admiring the irony of someone calling out somebody else for painting an inaccurate picture, . . .

By painting a picture of lazy, greedy, workers forcing companies into bankruptcy with their greedy sense of entitlements, . . .

At a time where companies are slashing employee pay across the board, . . .

While the stock market, corporate profits, and executive pay have all been setting records, for five years running.

I'm sure it was intentional. :)

I said lazy where?  Greedy where?  Those are Larry terms which ironically Larry is most adamant about posters making up stuff that a poster didn't post.

You made up stuff I didn't say.

But I am sure you know that but will defend in a way that shows you know that.

I said lazy where?  Greedy where?

My employees don't care about issues with government costs which push me to take away benefits. They only care about what can I get and what's in it for me. Screw the company. I am owed what I am owed, screw the company and their desire to remain in business.

Those are Larry terms which ironically Larry is most adamant about posters making up stuff that a poster didn't post.

So, I read this morning that according to Gallup (Yeah, I know) the Tea Party is at an all time low as far as approval.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/164648/tea-party-support-dwindles-near-record-low.aspx

Not that I felt Cruz was electable in any way nationally, but I found it interesting that it seems that the GOP is allowing these guys who most seem to dislike to hijack their party. Compromise is a 4 letter word I suppose.

So, I read this morning that according to Gallup (Yeah, I know) the Tea Party is at an all time low as far as approval.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/164648/tea-party-support-dwindles-near-record-low.aspx

Not that I felt Cruz was electable in any way nationally, but I found it interesting that it seems that the GOP is allowing these guys who most seem to dislike to hijack their party. Compromise is a 4 letter word I suppose.

Wouldn't it be wild if we found out that the Tea Party was actually a huge group of liberals that, over time, infiltrated the Republican party in order to gradually bring it down from inside?

Wouldn't it be wild if we found out that the Tea Party was actually a huge group of liberals that, over time, infiltrated the Republican party in order to gradually bring it down from inside?

I'll run with that story. Its not as likely as the Ted Cruz being the son of a communist who fought along side of Castro is doing this to kill the mighty GOP. But I like it.

I said lazy where?  Greedy where?

My employees don't care about issues with government costs which push me to take away benefits. They only care about what can I get and what's in it for me. Screw the company. I am owed what I am owed, screw the company and their desire to remain in business.

Those are Larry terms which ironically Larry is most adamant about posters making up stuff that a poster didn't post.

Where did I say lazy and greedy Larry?

It's funny how you do exactly what you despise.

As an FYI, my employees are not lazy.  What I was describing was their sense on entitlement.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Spin is fun

More people support the Tea Party than consider themselves liberal, and almost 3/4 of the electorate does not oppose the Tea Party.

That’s not the headline you will see, of course.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/09/opposition-to-tea-party-drops-to-near-record-low/

try not to get dizzy 

Where did I say lazy and greedy Larry?

It's funny how you do exactly what you despise.

As an FYI, my employees are not lazy.  What I was describing was their sense on entitlement.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Isn't complaining about your employees' sense of entitlement the same as calling them greedy? Or are you going to stick with the "I didn't say this specific word at this specific moment" defense? Not trying to be a dick, but c'mon.

Archived