Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Curious Case Of Fred Davis...

RonArtest15

Lets see if RG3 suddenly "sees' the field better. Or, we see that he has gotten a favorite target back.

RG3 had decent chemistry with Davis and while Reed has looked good, RG3 has had more reps with Davis.

While I fear Kyle will limit his snaps/targets to validate keeping him inactive, Paul and Paulsen can only keep him off the field so long. The loss of Hank should also help Fred getting on the field.

I'm rooting for Davis to have a good game for sure.

I do find it unfortunate that some assume Davis isn't playing due to Shanahan's ego. That Shanahan cares more about his ego than winning. I feel like it's one of those cases where people have made their mind up while not having all of the factors available to them.

To me, it may be Shanahan's ego, it may also be that he's going with who he believes gives the team the best chance to win. I don't have all the info so I'm not going to judge. Definitely hard to be objective of a person's decision when you take umbrage with some of their other decisions.

Robinson is obviously a better weapon than Morgan, but I also won't complain if Shanahan gives Morgan more reps. Likewise, I won't complain if Robinson plays more on running plays when Morgan is obviously the better blocker. Then again, I'm still willing to give Mike the benefit of the doubt with his decision making... my mind isn't made up yet in regards to him.

I am one that in part blames egos or stubbornness for not getting Davis onto the field.

Our WR corps is very thin behind Garcon.

I really wanted to see Reed and Davis terrorizing defenses together. A lack of go to options for RG3 seems like it could be contributing to the problems people see in him. 2+ pass catching TE seems a bit of the modern trend in the NFL.

I use the ego argument to try to rationalize why Kyle doesn't design plays using all his best playmakers at the same time.

Isn't that what great OC's do? Watch Denver. It sure seems to give defenses fits.

Why does Kyle not use turbo? Is it, or is it not, a copy cat league? Is he stubborn, if so, why?  Maybe its his ego in play, thinking that his playbook is perfect with no plays for 2 PCTEs.

We spend a top pick on a TE, yet we had one, yet only 1 can be active per game. I have a problem with that. With our lack of picks/cap limits, we cannot afford many luxury picks.

Davis is going to show his abilities on MNF and his skills are considerable. The only reason Davis has been inactive is because of the 500,000 bonus he was to receive if he started 10 games. Davis will probably not opt to come back to the skins after the way he has been treated by Shanahan and I don't blame him. Will never understand why both Davis and Reed were not used together, with a passing game that has struggled so much it's a no brainer, but I guess they care more about saving money than winning.

Plus I think that management were trying to keep Davis off the field so that other teams wouldn't be able to evaluate his talent for free agency, although I think enough teams have seen more than enough to offer him what he would accept to leave a franchise that doesn't appreciate all the hard work he put into rehabbing himself from a devastating injury to be able to start the season. All we heard in the offseason and training camp about Davis was that he looked poised to have a great season.

If we lose Davis it is squarely on Shanahan, losing players that go on to shine like diamonds for other teams is one thing this franchise has honed to perfection.

Still don't understand why we demoted him in the first place, Reed has shown all season he's prone to injuries that can keep out of a game here n there.

No one ever confirmed when Davis nodded off in meetings, it could have been this season, it could have been a couple years ago when he was producing for us. Would we have even cared if the latter were true? NO!

I just think its garbage what were doing with him, and football god help us if it comes back to bite us in the butt.

B-b-but... but he was awesome! He was awesome before he got suspended! And got injured! And got lazy! We just have to give him another chance! Even if he fails that chance he needs another. You know why? Because ego. Ego ego ego. Shanny's ego got Davis suspended. Shanny's ego made Davis get injured. Shanny's ego made Davis fall asleep during meetings. Shanny's ego made global warming. Shanny's ego started World War II, and Shanny's ego kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden. Shanahan's ego is everything that is wrong with the world, and if Niles Paul was coach, Jimmy Graham would be crying in a corner because Fred Davis would be leading our team to the Super Bowl because he still is awesome.

Leaking like a geyser

It's still leaking because Shanan's ego stopped him from calling Fred the Plumber to fix it.

If true how is this guy on the frickin' team right now?  He has let us all down exponentially. 

Because Shanahan's ego is too big to let him fire Davis.

Archived