Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Curious Case Of Fred Davis...

RonArtest15

If he returns PR/KR and does a great job i'll happily eat my crow but if he does return PR/KR and does a terrible job then what?

His two drops while (attempting) to return were concerning, but I haven't seen anything since. Things could get a little worse back there, but at the same time there is so much room for improvement that it may be worth a shot. At the very least they ought to get him reps back there in practice to see if things have changed. Of course maybe they have, and I just haven't heard anything.

Edit: wait, WTH?! I forgot this was the Fred Davis thread - apologies. I'd like to see some 3 or even 4 TE sets. Most of the TEs are mismatches in the passing game and I'd like to see them blocking corners or safeties in the run game. 3rd and short with 3 TEs, DY and Helu in the game. Dare them to go with some sort of heavy package. Complete opposite of the spread many (DG) are calling for, but it would allow tons of possibilities for both running and passing.

shouldnt you 'eat crow' if hes back there at all?

if hes back there and stinks then we know he can't get it done, so we try someone else

No because my point was he sucks at PR/KR so if they put him out there and he sucks that just solidifies what I've been saying.

Well, Davis is inactive for today's game....guess that's another nail in the coffin for him.

What was the point of shanny coming and and bragging on him if he's going to do this. I'd at least like to see him but something terrible has to be going on

What was the point of shanny coming and and bragging on him if he's going to do this. I'd at least like to see him but something terrible has to be going on

to clear up the perception Davis is doing something 'wrong'?

No because my point was he sucks at PR/KR so if they put him out there and he sucks that just solidifies what I've been saying.

back tracking I see. At first you said they won't put him back there.

We're not going to run 2 passing tight ends, Davis doesn't suck, somebody please give us something for him.

Crafty Shanny... crafty. :ph34r:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/28/redskins-are-aggressively-shopping-fred-davis/

With the trade deadline less than a day away, the Redskins are trying hard to make a deal.

Per a league source, Washington hopes to trade tight end Fred Davis.

The 2012 franchise-tag recipient tore an Achilles tendon last season.  He returned under a one-year, $1 million contract, and the Redskins have phased him out of their plans, given the performances of Jordan Reed and Logan Paulsen.

The Redskins, according to the source, are aggressively shopping Davis.  If a deal can’t be worked out, there’s a chance Davis will be cut.

If he’s cut after the trade deadline, Davis will be subject to waivers.

I guess I am the only one that thinks he is worth more than a 7th to us.  What exactly has he done wrong again? Maybe I missed it. 

Our division is still open. Reed has had a few nagging injuries back since camp and missed games. He seems to be hurting almost every game.

Our passing game without Davis, suuuuuuu seems to have taken a step backwards. Blame RG3 all you want, I think a factor is a  thin group of options to him to pass to as he is being taught about life in the pocket. 

Reed is great, but Reed is injury prone and had just a few nice games. Why sugar coat it. Its a tiny sample size littered with injury..

A few years back, I thought we were going to use Davis out wide. Cooley was still in the mix, and Davis had lost weight over the offseason. It was my own theory, but our WR group was thin then (and is now).  But Cooley got hurt early in the year, and my suspected plan to use 2 TE's if there, never had a chance. We drafted a replacement for Cooley, so why not use him. Both. Pure brilliance.

Same thing now. So it sounds like one of the Shanahan's doesn't want to try it. To me, clearly they do not. 

Its almost sad that when a coach takes a stand, if proven wrong, has to save face over putting the tail between the legs and admitting he was wrong.  Things are not going well with Fred far away from our offense. Why sugar coat it, and pin it all on RG3. Davis was his fav receiver for a lot of last year and bet it wouldnt take much more than targets to rekindle that chemistry

That they do use 2 TE passing routes, and Davis is still on the bench.

Ah got it. Yes. The further point was that Paulsen is dealing with a knee injury and not performing particularly well right now. I understand the doghouse. I understand Shanny only wants players who are bought in. But Jebus, we need all that help in the form of playmakers that we can get right now. Free Sleepy!

Indeed, #UnleashSleepy

What exactly do we have to lose... a little bit of blocking? We run fine with or without him. We suck at pass pro with or without him. What is left... face?

Its funny, once a guy gets into the doghouse on the internets, there is no escape. Posters may want him moved just to not have to hear about player X and may not even realize they dont know why they are willing to let an asset leave for peanuts or nothing.

15 yards, for piling on. And its bad GMing. Lets hope this one doesn't end up in the pro bowl. 

In the end, if Robert wants him out there, so do I.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000274028/article/fred-davis-ive-nodded-off-in-redskins-meetings

The veteran tight end -- supplanted on the depth chart by Jordan Reed -- didn't hold back when asked if he had hoped to change teams this week.

"Definitely," he told USA Today. "If I was on another team, you'd see what I can do."

"I've never slept through a whole meeting, but I've nodded off," Davis said after practice. "I mean, everyone nods off. It's dark in there. You nod off. You wake up -- go get something to drink and go back.

"I've done that."

If Davis is trying to get released, sharing this type of stuff is a good start.

giphy.gif

Can we please activate Fred for this Sundays game? We need some weapons for RGIII to throw the darn ball to.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9904340/fred-davis-washington-redskins-says-money-factor-not-being-active

"I did come here for less money, so it shows loyalty to the Redskins," Davis said. "I want to play and help the team. I know I can. I know I'm able. I know I have the ability to, definitely can be a playmaker for somebody."

Archived