Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "sleepy Hollow" Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I haven't watched an episode yet but it seems from the posts I'm seeing that it's structure is similar to that of the X Files, where you have the MOTW and a main storyline episode every 3rd-4th show.

Indeed, you're right. In fact it kind of reminds me of Supernatural (which gets a lot of flack), but not as cheesy.

Indeed, you're right. In fact it kind of reminds me of Supernatural (which gets a lot of flack), but not as cheesy.

I liked Supernatural when it first started then it lost me. I'm hoping this show keeps me hooked. I have more faith in Fox then I do the CW network since Fox broadcasted two of my all time favorite shows in the X Files and Fringe.

Its good  but not sure how long it can last... they have almost completely ignored Crane's adjustment to modern life, aside from a few light moments, I thought they missed allot of opportunities there. Otherwise, a very good show.

I understand they are only doing 13 episodes per year- anyone else heard that?

Dracula on NBC starts 10/25 and looks kinda cool.

I liked Supernatural when it first started then it lost me. I'm hoping this show keeps me hooked. I have more faith in Fox then I do the CW network since Fox broadcasted two of my all time favorite shows in the X Files and Fringe.

If you have the time, I would recommend giving it another chance and watch from the beginning. It has to be doing something right to have lasted 9 seasons.

Its good  but not sure how long it can last... they have almost completely ignored Crane's adjustment to modern life, aside from a few light moments, I thought they missed allot of opportunities there. Otherwise, a very good show.

The sticky notes in a previous episode were hilarious. I wonder if he's discovered the internet, yet?

As an aside, shouldn't Crane have to get a buttload of shots to be innoculated for the 21st century? 

I liked the episode, but it seemed weird that the colonists would speak Middle English.

I wondered if someone from the late 18th century would really call it "middle english." I admit my complete ignorance on both matters. Perhaps there's a linguistic historian somewhere here on ES.

Edit: according to wikipedia, middle English was replaced by modern English in the late 15th century, which would suggest it had been obsolete for a century by the time of the Roanoke colony, so you're right - writers apparently took some liberties making it the dialect of the colonists.

If you have the time, I would recommend giving it another chance and watch from the beginning. It has to be doing something right to have lasted 9 seasons.

The sticky notes in a previous episode were hilarious. I wonder if he's discovered the internet, yet?

As an aside, shouldn't Crane have to get a buttload of shots to be innoculated for the 21st century? 

Never said Supernatural wasn't a good show. It just didn't hold my interest past the first season or two. I'll still catch an episode every now and then and watch but I haven't followed it consistently. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is the most ridiculous show but it is so fully committed to its own ridiculousness that I almost have to love it. That's the problem that some shows (Flash Forward comes to mind). They don't embrace the insanity.

The problem is that this show has about 15 episodes until it becomes full-blown camp, because...come on. But it should be a fun ride.

I kinda liked the latest episode...So does the sin eater separating Crane from his headless nemesis mean the headless one is done? They didn't actually kill him they just separated the 2 blood lines that mixed on the battlefield...other than that...I liked it..they got Abby's sister involved FINALLY! It progressed things nicely I think...

I kinda liked the latest episode...So does the sin eater separating Crane from his headless nemesis mean the headless one is done? They didn't actually kill him they just separated the 2 blood lines that mixed on the battlefield...other than that...I liked it..they got Abby's sister involved FINALLY! It progressed things nicely I think...

Abby's sister spouts out more exposition per second than any character in tv history.

Archived