Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "sleepy Hollow" Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm wondering if they didn't introduce too much? I am enjoying it and it's easy to watch, but it just seems like the witch element might not be necessary.

They could have gone with the American Folklore angle and then gone with apocalyptic themes later in the season. But we already have the 4 horsemen, resurrected witches, etc.

I think I want the figure that appears in the woods/jail cells to be in it more. Nice and creepy.

2nd episode wasn't as good as the pilot, but I'll say the show has done enough to get me to watch for the forseeable future.

I just hope it doesn't turn into crime of the week(or demon of the week, whatever). That's what buried Alcatraz for me.

You might not like the show then.  While there will be that overall mythology with the headless horseman and all; I think each week will have the demon/crime of the week.  I think they can balance both as last night's show was far better than the previous weeks,

You might not like the show then.  While there will be that overall mythology with the headless horseman and all; I think each week will have the demon/crime of the week.  I think they can balance both as last night's show was far better than the previous weeks,

It seems they are trying to make it a bit like Grimm; a few long-term plot lines but a new "monster" to deal with each week so to speak, all of which are based on literature/mythology.

I think the show is doing well so far and definitely has the potential to run a few seasons.  However I hope they don't make it like a Grimm clone as then the only difference is having the Sleepy Hollow angle.

Yeah yesterday was better. I'll watch for the rest of the season unless something really dumb happens.

$5 says the Orlando Jones character is some kind of mole secretly working for the evil demon cult.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing.

That would be too obvious...I kinda think he's either a "neutral", or on the side of good. But he definitely knows more then he lets on.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/03/sleepy-hollow-renewed-for-season-2?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

In a big surprise (given it's so atypical for how network TV operates), Sleepy Hollow has been renewed for Season 2, just three weeks after its debut. The show has been a clear success for FOX and held up well against the competition, but what most were expecting was a back-nine order to extend the season to a full 22 episodes, not a quick renewal.This sort of "renew right away" move is usually reserved for cable, with HBO among those who do it often.

Sleepy Hollow in fact won't have a back-nine order and will keep its season set at 13 episodes, with 13 episodes also ordered for Season 2 - another way in which FOX is now following a more cable-type model.

Ive actually really liked this show so far, better than I expected it to be and the story line is actually compeling and not too fantasyish and completely out there, I like that they have brought in true historical things like the salem witch trials etc. and used them with the fantasy aspect of the show.

The one thing that kills me with this show, as it does with every movie/show with him in it, is John Cho, I can't help but think of him as Harold, it's so hard for me to distinguish him as a different character in any show or movie, like Star trek and Go On.... LOL

After getting hooked by the pilot, and disappointed by Ep 2 and 3, last night's show was a strong rebound. Loved how they tied in the Hessians and the Tea Party with the apocryphal Testament of Solomon, a book that credited Solomon's control over demons as slaves to build the first temple. It was apparently very popular text in the 1st century and was alluded to by Jesus when he performed an exorcism. For a geek like me, this was what I've been hoping the show would do - mix historical tidbits with arcane references to apocalyptic texts.

This is one of my favorite shows. I had high hopes for Agents of Shield, but it seems to be getting worse. On the other hand Sleepy hollow seems to be getting better. The second episode was weak, but the third and fourth have been increasingly better. I am loving Nicole Beharie and Lydia Greenwood, I can't wait to see Greenwood's role expand. The more twists they add in the better. I can see this staying around for awhile.

Edit: Looks like Sleepy Hollow got picked up for season 2 already!

Archived