Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Lions Prediction Thread; The Test Of Will To Win

skins island connection

Defense looks shaky? That's like calling the Goodyear blimp a party balloon...

I'm not going out on any limbs here, just stating what I've seen and what will likely continue.

My boldest prediction is probably that we will win.

Here's another bold prediction. No block in the back calls against us this game.

I'm not going out on any limbs here, just stating what I've seen and what will likely continue.

My boldest prediction is probably that we will win.

Here's another bold prediction. No block in the back calls against us this game.

Tell ya what; i'll bet you a Redskins cap there are 2 block in the back flags...

Tell ya what; i'll bet you a Redskins cap there are 2 block in the back flags...

Hope they're at least legit this time. Both games have had calls that looked like the block was more on the side/shoulder.

On this topic, I think Griffin continues to improve and the defense continues to struggle. Calvin Johnson will have 100+ yards and two TDs, while Reggie Bush will cause us fits on check downs. In the end, Redskins emerge victorious simply because the Lions can't win in DC.

Redskins 34

Lions 31

Haslett returns to "everything but the kitchen sink" defense that he used last year.. Just more press coverage, all out blitzes... and returns to defensive glory of second half of the season...

Shanahan admits that our OL really really do suck... asks more out of RG3 to make up for the struggling line like last year... 

Return of the zone option in Week 3.

Redskins 27  -  Lions  24

Everyone.  Stop.  Just stop.  Without a 100% RGIII we are a NFL bottom feeder team.  He's not going to get back to 100% this season.  We might win 5 games if we are LUCKY this season.  The Raider fans can't wait to play us.  Could Alabama beat us???  Lions roll 49-13.  I love my skins but when we're bad we're bad.  Teams don't start 0-2 like we have and all of a sudden beat a team like the Lions.  Hail

Everyone.  Stop.  Just stop.  Without a 100% RGIII we are a NFL bottom feeder team.  He's not going to get back to 100% this season.  We might win 5 games if we are LUCKY this season.  The Raider fans can't wait to play us.  Could Alabama beat us???  Lions roll 49-13.  I love my skins but when we're bad we're bad.  Teams don't start 0-2 like we have and all of a sudden beat a team like the Lions.  Hail

No one has any faith in Cousins; its all about RGIII and him playing until he works out the mantal crap. I say if he stinks it up this week, and doesn't show improvement, pull him, call a hypnotherapist, put in Cousins, and see how things go. It can't get any worse.

For the most part, its RGIII's ego and Mike's ego that is the biggest battle in this whole horse turd of a season thus far. Maybe sitting RGIII out for a game will get him more mentally motivated to play better, but putting him out there with the same results week after week, while the chances of doing anything slowly drift away, does nothing but tank the season. He should man up and either **** or get off the pot.

We see it all the time; a starting QB goes out for whatever reason; the back-up comes in, a la Cousins last year, and does good, if not great. Its a shot of adrenalin to the team, gameplan changes, and opponents are not prepared for the typical gameplan set for the other QB.

No one has any faith in Cousins; its all about RGIII and him playing until he works out the mantal crap. I say if he stinks it up this week, and doesn't show improvement, pull him, call a hypnotherapist, put in Cousins, and see how things go. It can't get any worse.

For the most part, its RGIII's ego and Mike's ego that is the biggest battle in this whole horse turd of a season thus far. Maybe sitting RGIII out for a game will get him more mentally motivated to play better, but putting him out there with the same results week after week, while the chances of doing anything slowly drift away, does nothing but tank the season. He should man up and either **** or get off the pot.

We see it all the time; a starting QB goes out for whatever reason; the back-up comes in, a la Cousins last year, and does good, if not great. Its a shot of adrenalin to the team, gameplan changes, and opponents are not prepared for the typical gameplan set for the other QB.

I hate to be negative Nancy, but our team is just so bad from top to bottom.  That being the case we might as well leave RGIII as the starter so he can get his confidence back, and then try to right the ship again and go from worst to first in 2014.  Putting Cousins in is just going to take reps away from RGIII which he needs.  And Cousins is not going to fair any better with the o-line issues and a defense that couldn't stop Johnny Manziel.  I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but I forced myself to swallow it after the Green Bay game.  I was excited too.  Our head coach came out and said it's Super Bowl or bust.  Trust me once you go ahead and acknowledge the fact we're not going to make the playoffs you feel much better and can look at this situation with a clear mind. I hope I am wrong, but deep down I know I'm right.  HTTR

Its nothing got to do with ego.  We need to go through growing pains with a young QB.  Pulling him from the game because THE offense has two subpar games seems little too dramatic.  Especially after the kid is coming back from being named Rookie of the Year but obviously rehab filled offseason. 

Lets make it clear.  We are not losing these games because of RG3.  The whole team is at fault.  I think people need to stop judging RG3's performance on an expectation that he is going to win these type of game single handedly despite rest of the team not playing well...  Who know maybe we could have expected that if RG3 was not coming back from an injury (still unfair) but RG3 is coming back from injury so deal with it!

I hate to be negative Nancy, but our team is just so bad from top to bottom.  That being the case we might as well leave RGIII as the starter so he can get his confidence back, and then try to right the ship again and go from worst to first in 2014. 

Hi Nancy, i'm Pessimistic Peggy !  :)

Its nothing got to do with ego.  We need to go through growing pains with a young QB.  Pulling him from the game because THE offense has two subpar games seems little too dramatic.  Especially after the kid is coming back from being named Rookie of the Year but obviously rehab filled offseason. 

Lets make it clear.  We are not losing these games because of RG3.  The whole team is at fault.  I think people need to stop judging RG3's performance on an expectation that he is going to win these type of game single handedly despite rest of the team not playing well...  Who know maybe we could have expected that if RG3 was not coming back from an injury (still unfair) but RG3 is coming back from injury so deal with it!

Yes, it IS ALL of the team AND coaching staff who are bungling this up.  Coaches should be knowledgable of issues like this that come up and how to correct them.  Yes, RGIII either needs to show improvement or sit a game and mentally adjust his frame of mind, and yes, Haslett is doing absolutely nothing for the defense, and yes the players on all sides of the ball need to have a players-only meeting and take it upon themselves to correct this. There's no excuse for any of this to happen, but it seems that everyone is standing around waiting for someone else to take charge of the situation; thus far no one is doing this...

This is either going to be a track meet or a blow out in the Lions' favor. I don't see our defense stopping my grandmother, much less Megatron and if "Good Matthew Stafford" shows up, we're all in trouble.

Hopefully, though, our offense will play the same way in the first half as they've been playing in the second and we end up with a close W, 38-34. 

The Lions may or may not still be the same old Lions, but they have a handful of dynamic players, that on any play, can either hurt you on the scoreboard, or hurt you by knocking you into another dimension.

I think the O needs to take the ball first. Enough with the deferring. Go out and strike early. No more halftime beatdowns. Ultimately, I still think the Skins lose a close game ( I simply do no trust the defense, or the defensive coordinator, at all).

Lions 34

Skins 30

The Lions may or may not still be the same old Lions, but they have a handful of dynamic players, that on any play, can either hurt you on the scoreboard, or hurt you by knocking you into another dimension.

I think the O needs to take the ball first. Enough with the deferring. Go out and strike early. No more halftime beatdowns. Ultimately, I still think the Skins lose a close game ( I simply do no trust the defense, or the defensive coordinator, at all).

Lions 34

Skins 30

You're the fourth person I've heard make that mistake. They haven't deferred all year. They've lost every coin toss

Archived