Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Lions Prediction Thread; The Test Of Will To Win

skins island connection

I think the Lions should be favored going into this game.

Amerson and Rambo are vulnerabilities that the Lions can probably exploit, and the rest of Skins DBs and LBs are going to have to bring their A game just to keep things competitive. Griffin can't play like he did the last two weeks, or this could be another ugly loss. Pray the Lions find a way to self-destruct (which they've been known to do) and that the Skins play disciplined, mistake-free ball.

Also, I think too much is being made about the Skins home game winning streak. Much of that winning streak, was an RFK winning streak, which is going to stand regardless of what happens at FedEx today.

Actually, when playing at home in the FedEx stadium, the skins only have a 3-game winning streak against Detroit. And if you want to be exact, it would only be a 2-game winning streak in FedEx because the Skins win over the Lions in 1997 was when it was called Jack Kent Cooke stadium! .

Under Snyder, the Redskin only have a 5-4 edge over Detroit (one of those being the Wildcard win in 2000). Meanwhile Detroit currently enjoys a 2-game winning streak against us, from last two games played in their stadium

Right now it is hard to pick the Redskins even though I know at some point they will get on track offensively. But one week of practice dedicated to tackling isn't going to make them better tacklers especially they are limited to how many days they can be in pads. The players need to take the bull by the balls and get the job done because they can't rely on Jim Haslett to make any corrections. If they go 0-3 and they keep Haslett then they deserve to miss the playoffs and be picking in the top 10 of the draft again.

Picking in the top 10 again?  I agree if the D doesn't pick it up Haz needs to take the fall. 

If the Skins look the same and haven't found their mojo they lose, my sense is this is the week they find it, backs to the wall, Rak and Kerrigan tear it up, Stafford throws picks and Skins win in final two minutes 28-24.

Archived