Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Lions Prediction Thread; The Test Of Will To Win

skins island connection

Week 3 is here.

The 2013 Washington redskins are 0-2;  and it is an ugly 0-2 to boot.

The Detroit Lions come to town with a 1-1 record, somewhat nicked up, but as always, an

injured Lion isn't one to mess with.

The Redskins offense has been shut out in the first half of both games thus far, and have

played catch-up both times, only to fall short. Problems, funk, coaching, effort, have all been

mentioned as to the cause of this early slump, nosedive, or downward spiral, whichever you

prefer, and one thing is for sure; fans are not happy one bit.

The Lions come in with a nicked up Bush, but beasts in Su, Megatron, and Stafford, are sure

to give the Redskins fits on all sides of the ball.

This hopefully will be the game where the Redskins finally get some offensive points in the first half,

and I fully expect to see a full 60 minutes, if not longer, of an entertaining game. At some point the

Redskins light bulb will turn on, and when it does, it will be blinding and bright. Question is, who

on the team wants to flip the switch first?

Look for the Redskins to start finding their way, starting this sunday.

Redskins  27

Lions         23

My *bold* Predictions:

the offense scores in the first half...  maybe even twice (7-10 points)

the defense gets torched all game and we'll be playing from behind, again.

Special Teams will be better.  We'll have better starting field position this game.

RGIII looks a little better.  He won't be what he was last year, but we'll see a little more improvement.  I predict he makes 1 scramble for a first down (not a called keeper)

Alfred Morris does not have as good a day as last Sunday.  I'm predicting around 75 yards.

Jordan Reed continues to make plays.

Pierre Garcon has another good day.  Josh Morgan & Santana Moss have significant contributions (key 1st downs, perhaps a score)

The only solace I'm taking this week is I have Megatron on one fantasy team; and Calvin and Bush on the other. 

Detroit have never won on the road against us. 

With their O weapons, and their D front which makes me REALLY fear for 10's health, I fully expect that to end with a bang Sunday. 

Another ass whooping. I'm onto the Raiders already. (And honestly, I'm not 100% on that one any more.). 

Hail. 

The only solace I'm taking this week is I have Megatron on one fantasy team; and Calvin and Bush on the other. 

Detroit have never won on the road against us. 

With their O weapons, and their D front which makes me REALLY fear for 10's health, I fully expect that to end with a bang Sunday. 

Another ass whooping. I'm onto the Raiders already. (And honestly, I'm not 100% on that one any more.). 

Hail. 

Well, i've got Stafford. Talk about conflicts.

Until I see better, I gotta go with him; but knowing the luck I have, this will be the week the Skins finally shut down a Qb, so actually i'm in a win/win situation!

If we lose AND look terrible again this will be the week the mess really hits the fan. I for one am going to have a little faith in our defending NFC East champs. They pull it together for a nice win at home, 31-20 and the fanbase can collectively step back off the ledge.

I think I've learned my lesson with picking the Skins until they show they've fixed some of their issues. This is the best D we've faced thus far (GB is currently 29th and Philly is currently 30th; Lions are 15th). If the offense doesn't come up with some 3rd down conversions and a way to get RG3 on the move to avoid the rush, it's going to be another blowout. Simple as that. 

Lions - 43

Skins - 23

Redskins 28

Lions 38

Lions finally win in the Skins home stadium.

The Skins defense is putrid, I shutter to think what Megatron is going to do on Sunday.

Not turning my back on the team, I'll be there loud and proud and hope for the best. But the realist in me just doesn't see a win this weekend.

I do however think Robert will get more comfortable and he'll put up some good stats, it's just this defense man...they are FUGLY.

Archived