Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Vs Lions Prediction Thread; The Test Of Will To Win

skins island connection

The Lions have never won in DC I just heard. Hopefully that means that the Skins can keep their homefield advantage this weekend.

Redskins and home field advantage don't even belong in the same sentence. Only a handful of teams can claim that they have a legit home field advantage. For everyone else, your home field advantage is only as good as your team. Our home record has been putrid for the last 6-7 years. Some idiots can't even stay quiet on offense, and cheer loudly on defense. 20 years of overall futility can do that.

This one could get ugly quickly if they can't establish some (any ?) kind of offensive identity in the first half and keep the Detroit offense on the sideline.

I think they look better this week but ultimately the secondary gets exposed again.

Lions 38

Redskins 23

I have no real basis for thinking this, but I think it'll depend on if Reggie Bush plays. With him there, the Lions have a way to burn you with the run or with Megatron -- without Bush, I think it frees the defense up to play the pass a bit more.

I am hoping this is the week the Skins offense gets back in sync and plays the way they did in the second half of these last two games for the entire game. Converting third downs, time of possession, faster passing plays that actually connect, etc.

I just want there to be a damn competitive 1st half. But, I predict Stafford has his way with us, along with some of their RBs on screens and dump offs. We give up a lot of yards again while Robert looks a little more like himself, but not enough to win. We lose 34-20

The Redskins defense is light years from NFL caliber and so is the special teams.  This defense, however, may be historically bad if the Redskins offense can't help it by keeping it off the field with long, time-consuming drives.  The defense looks totally helpless.

Lions 38

Redskins 24

I read an encouraging stat earlier this morning: The Lions are 0-21 when visiting DC. That said, I don't like the matchups in this game for us: Detroit will be getting Nick Fairley back to team with the NFL's dirtiest player and Megatron is basically going to do anything he wants. My hunch? Take the over which sits at 49 points presently and hold out hope that the home team gets it together this weekend.

Right now it is hard to pick the Redskins even though I know at some point they will get on track offensively. But one week of practice dedicated to tackling isn't going to make them better tacklers especially they are limited to how many days they can be in pads. The players need to take the bull by the balls and get the job done because they can't rely on Jim Haslett to make any corrections. If they go 0-3 and they keep Haslett then they deserve to miss the playoffs and be picking in the top 10 of the draft again.

Right now it is hard to pick the Redskins even though I know at some point they will get on track offensively. But one week of practice dedicated to tackling isn't going to make them better tacklers especially they are limited to how many days they can be in pads. The players need to take the bull by the balls and get the job done because they can't rely on Jim Haslett to make any corrections. If they go 0-3 and they keep Haslett then they deserve to miss the playoffs and be picking in the top 10 of the draft again.

I assume you are referring to the Redskins picking in the second round and beyond, because, as has been mentioned a number of times in this thread, the Rams have the Redskins' first-round draft pick due to the trade to move up to get RG3. 

Archived