Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Edit: John Potter Signed; Undecided Who Is K Tomorrow

skinfan2k

Chris Russell from ESPN980, reporting that Kai is out for the game tomorrow and Potter will be the kicker tomorrow.  I wonder who got cut in the process to bring up Potter?  

How much does this impact the game plan tomorrow?  We know he is a great kickoff guy but what about his kicking ability? 

Thoughts?

Source: Text from a source says John Potter will be the PK for Redskins tomorrow . ESPN980 has learned.  Just want to clarify that he has been signed but not sure if he will kick tomorrow

I'm not sure it really impacts the game much. I seem to remember from tweets during training camp that he might not be quite as accurate as Kai in general but he was hitting some 60+ yarders quite regularly.

I doubt whoever they had to drop to sign him was going to even be active for the game, so that's no big deal.

I'm not sure it really impacts the game much. I seem to remember from tweets during training camp that he might not be quite as accurate as Kai in general but he was hitting some 60+ yarders quite regularly.

I doubt whoever they had to drop to sign him was going to even be active for the game, so that's no big deal.

He hit one 63-yarder.

Losing Forbath blows, hard.  Sometimes I think that we have the worst training staff in the world.  I don't follow other teams religiously, but a kicker pulling a groin just feels irresponsible.

He hit one 63-yarder.

Losing Forbath blows, hard.  Sometimes I think that we have the worst training staff in the world.  I don't follow other teams religiously, but a kicker pulling a groin just feels irresponsible.

Meh, one isn't really worth counting on then.

I'm assuming since they were so unsure if Kai would go or not that it's something minor and he'll be ready next week if he sits this one out.

I am still a bit confused. Is Kai out for the game or are they deciding tomorrow and signed Potter for insurance?

Insurance, although I have a feeling Potter will handle kickoffs no matter what. If cobra is ready to go you don't have him kicking off with a strained groin, that's what I think at least. Already signed Potter and have to cut someone so might as well use him.

Just wondering if Pat White was the casualty to bring him up? Where else can we afford to cut someone?

I read one article suggesting that they might cut Rex, and re-sign him on Monday. The reasoning was that White as to clear waivers if he's cut, but Rex doesn't.

Seemed a least interesting as a hypothetical.

Pat White will be released by #Redskins two sources say. Has to clear waivers.

Pat White is the one being released, I told all of you "Pat White will be our back up of the future" he wasn't in our teams plans. He was kept because we were trying to ship him for something and we failed in doing that, we ended up using him to play "Mike Vick" for the scout team and now he's being released. Where are all of you who said Pat White was going to be in this teams plans for the future and Rex would and should be released? Where are you? Will you come out and eat your crow? or hide out like a coward. hahaha

ESPN 980@ESPNRadio98020m

Pat White will be released by #Redskins two sources say. Has to clear waivers.

Where are all of you who said Pat White was going to be in this teams plans for the future and Rex would and should be released? Where are you? Will you come out and eat your crow? or hide out like a coward. hahaha

I picture you sitting in a black chair, with a white cat on your lap laughing manically. In the films it always ends badly for you.

While I agree with you on Pat White its very possible he will be resigned on Monday if Kai is not a concern for week 3. Assuming he clears waivers of course which Id think he will.

I picture you sitting in a black chair, with a white cat on your lap laughing manically. In the films it always ends badly for you. Assuming he clears waivers of course which Id think he will.

While I agree with you on Pat White its very possible he will be resigned on Monday if Kai is not a concern for week 3.

Pat White stans on here bashed me and the "Insiders" on our Pat White isn't in the teams future "prediction". Now that i'm out for crow i'm the bad guy? nonetheless your post was funny I have to admit. hahaha

Thank the lord Pat White is gone, I don't have to read another post about how he could serve as our back up QB of the future once Kirk Cousins is traded. 

Pat White stans on here bashed me and the "Insiders" on our Pat White isn't in the teams future "prediction". Now that i'm out for crow i'm the bad guy? nonetheless your post was funny I have to admit. hahaha

Thank the lord Pat White is gone, I don't have to read another post about how he could serve as our back up QB of the future once Kirk Cousins is traded. 

You do realize he never would've been cut if Kai doesn't get injured right? You basically were right by default lol

He'll probably be back but I must admit I enjoy watching his stans freak out on twitter

Does he really have that big of a following? I mean I couldn't careless whether he's on the roster or not.

Archived