Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Capitals 2013-14 Thread

Springfield

Do not call assists dimes.  This is not basketball.

I was going to say that.  Leave that for that putrid other league.  Honestly, I just don't know how anyone can "love" the NBA.  It's like watching the WWE to me.

Well if you don't like it the block me out or skip over it.

I'm not changing the way I talk to appease you guys.

Jeezie peezie.

Nothing against you man.  Post the way you want.  But in hockey, they are referred as "helpers."

Interesting that STH got a soccer-style scarf with their tix.

capstis913d.jpg

Not sure it works with hockey like it works with soccer.  Though I am impressed the lanyards will actually fit the print out from the gate. Last year, you had to fold the printout to make it fit. Now they fit perfectly in the lanyard.

The 2015 NHL Winter Classic is coming to Washington, D.C.

Just saw this and was coming on here to post IT!!!!!

Here is the link to the story: http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9697171/washington-capitals-host-winter-classic-source-says

I do not care what the venue is, or how cold, you can bet I will be in DC to watch that game!!!!!!

Just saw this and was coming on here to post IT!!!!!

Here is the link to the story: http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9697171/washington-capitals-host-winter-classic-source-says

I do not care what the venue is, or how cold, you can bet I will be in DC to watch that game!!!!!!

Just a legit warning, when you get there, you'll be like wow this is awesome, when you leave you'll be like, well, that wasn't that good.

I read earlier that with Lerner being a majority owner of the Nats and a minority owner of the Caps, it's pretty much a garuantee that it'll be at Nats Park.

The DC Mall would be really cool but it'll never happen.

I guess the final question is... who will they play?  I'd like it to be Rangers, Pens or Boston.  Who knows, maybe the NHL will force a west coast team to be the opponent.  

The Capitals will see big boosts in attention with the fall of the Redskins who as I said numerous times to clowns who wouldn't listen, are NOT closer to a title than the Capitals.  Also with the Nationals coming up too little too late, that'll help as well.  Wizards could sneak into the playoffs this year and get lambasted as a 7th or 8th seed since the NBA sucks and has no parity.

I do get why the idea of OPACY was brought up.  One of the most iconic parks in the bigs and Baltimore was a Caps affiliate at one point.  I love the fact that the Winter Classic is coming to DC, but Nats park for the event is "meh."  The Mall, while an AMAZING idea, would just never work. 

Archived