Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Give Up Rg3 For One Super Bowl Victory?

Springfield

Most embarrassing to the Dolphins undefeated season is the fact that some wouldn't go to the WH to be congratulated by the current POTUS.  Losers, imo......

Seriously? Wow. Just HOW do you snub the President? That is ridiculous to be kind. And darn right insulting to be nice.

I imagine O was well amused and enamored by the absentees.

Hail. 

Seriously? Wow. Just HOW do you snub the President? That is ridiculous to be kind. And darn right insulting to be nice.

I imagine O was well amused and enamored by the absentees.

Hail. 

He gets the same from NASCAR.  Last race of (I think) two seasons ago, Michelle and Jill were there in SUPPORT FOR THE TROOPS. (we do, after all, have all 4 branches represented on cars).  They got booed.  I had a customer who liked it.  (Same customer had a bumper sticker on her car, & I cannot repeat it, it's so offensive.  One day, I noticed her entire bumper had been ripped off, not just the sticker.  I laughed all friggin' day!)

He gets the same from NASCAR.  Last race of (I think) two seasons ago, Michelle and Jill were there in SUPPORT FOR THE TROOPS. (we do, after all, have all 4 branches represented on cars).  They got booed.  I had a customer who liked it.  (Same customer had a bumper sticker on her car, & I cannot repeat it, it's so offensive.  One day, I noticed her entire bumper had been ripped off, not just the sticker.  I laughed all friggin' day!)

Sighs. Having spent a good deal of time in OK for one, I know first hand there's some folk that it's so ingrained in you'll NEVER change them. The amount of people that were opposed to him not because of any political stance, but because he was a '_____ in the WH' had to be seen to be believed .....

I'll leave it there as this is getting into the realms of the tailgate but some people are so beyond hope it's not even funny. 

Sorry for deviating off-topic.

Hail. 

I think I'd take the Superbowl win. RG3 could be a great QB and end up like Marino or Kelly. I'd take the guaranteed win over the possibility of being great for several years with no win like the Bills or Eagles.

Bingo.  A trophy is a trophy, now way to know if RGIII can get the 2nd trophy for us.  Hell look at Payton Manning, still one SB with SOOOOO much potential.

Would you trade the greatest season you'll ever remember as a Redskins fan knowing that you'd never get to see RG3 play football in the burgundy and gold ever again?

So, in other words, if we keep RGIII, we never win a SB? Or we never win another SB if we keep him after we win the first one? Or we win another one (or more) after we win the first one with him and then let him go? Or we keep him and pretend the first one with him never happened?

So, in other words, if we keep RGIII, we never win a SB? Or we never win another SB if we keep him after we win the first one? Or we win another one (or more) after we win the first one with him and then let him go? Or we keep him and pretend the first one with him never happened?

I think it's explained enough already.

We win a Super Bowl with RG3 at the helm. Then he's gone.

The rest is up to your wildest imaginations.

Its easy if there is not guarrentee that RG3 stay healthy for next 6-10 seasons... then you take the Super Bowl.

However if RG3 can avoid injuries for next 10 years then I for one will take my chances and roll with RG3 for chance for multiple SB rings...

If I had a Superbowl ring I would sell it and make money...but seriously....how is it that people aren't banned for all eternity for coming up with ridiculous fantasy topics like this.

Let me see, I have a few great topics myself. Let me start these threads:

"If Sonny Jurgenson announces his comeback next season, do you think he will fit into the zone read really well?"

"Would you go out with Mike Shanahans ugly daughter if it meant you would be the defensive coordinator"?

""What would you do if Chris Cooley announced that he was gay and in love with you"?

"Would you give up bowel movements for a week if the Redskins could win the Superbowl?"

Can we please talk football and not start topics that Gomer and Goober would make up in the back of the Mayberry gas station..

In a word

NO!

I've waited all my life for a talent like this. Hell, the last time we had a genuine, franchise caliber top echelon QB he hung it up the year I was born back in '74. I wouldn't throw away that special, special, once in a generation player in the 10 jersey for a Lombardi. 

Even if we never win one with him under center, the memory's and sheer excitement he gives FAR outweighs the alternative for me. 

Hail. 

*Edit* And I've already experienced the 'greatest season I'll ever remember' back n 1991. The closest thing to perfection you're ever likely to see. NOTHING is ever topping that no matter how great. 

I gotta agree with this.  He has already provided such joy and optimism to Skins fans everywhere.  Even if he retired tomorrow, I would still be talking about him for the rest of my life.  And so would the rest of you I'm sure.  

God, you guys sound like *******... can we play the first game of the season.

To those saying that this team is much more than Griffin need to think about one thing, STAR POWER.  As much as you all do not like the press that Griffin has generated, he has bought relevancy back to this franchise in a major way.  The reason we are having this conversation right now in this thread is due to three years in the making.  Griffin just excelled the process.

Be thanksful instead of acting like we've been winning for so many years in advance... pitiful mofos.

I wouldn't give up Robert, our future and our ticket to many Superbowls, for anything.

Why would anyone really?  In my lifetime of fanship, over 4 Superbowls and 3 wins, he is by far the best thing that has ever come our way.

Archived