Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Give Up Rg3 For One Super Bowl Victory?

Springfield

OP what is wrong with you? What are you getting at? What is the nature of this question?

To say you'd take a SB championship in exchange for our franchise QB and introducing an end of career scenario? Pretty sick thought process there.

Well, I'll take that as a compliment.

Think of it as a "Jesus died for all of our sins" scenario.

I would take solid management/coaching, drafting, consistently strong production, savvy cap management and system over RGIII. That will win Super Bowls. I support RGIII. I hope he is around long enough to benefit from all of that. We are getting better, but not there yet.

HAIL

The question isn't whether we think RG3 will win us a Superbowl/s, but whether we would trade him for a guaranteed Superbowl and I have no idea how the answer can be anything but hell yes. Contrary to popular belief we are not guaranteed to win a Superbowl with RG3 or any other QB for that matter. There is no such thing as guaranteed to win a Superbowl.

The question isn't whether we think RG3 will win us a Superbowl/s, but whether we would trade him for a guaranteed Superbowl and I have no idea how the answer can be anything but hell yes. Contrary to popular belief we are not guaranteed to win a Superbowl with RG3 or any other QB for that matter. There is no such thing as guaranteed to win a Superbowl.

One Super Bowl is meh to me, I would rather win 3 with Mr. RGIII. I think he will win more than one. Yes, I am greedy. B)

Yes, I would.

When we drafted him, I had expressed concern over his ACL injury.  Having a second one 2 years removed from the first doesn't help.  RGIII is not a pure pocket passer, and has lost considerable speed ... which made him spectacular to watch last season.

This is a tough one. I am biased as I have seen all of the SB victories. I experienced waht its like when your team is a jaugernaut. But last year is the first time since 1991 that I felt that "feeling". It was because RG3 WAS so damn fun to watch. If they are going to keep him in the offense they have used the past 2 games then absolutely, Give me the trophy. If they let him be RG3 again, than not a chance I give him up. Dude is just too fun to watch.

Why? Even though it's a silly question if we're staying on the hypothetical plain doesn't seeing your team win a championship come before any individual player?

I guess it just turns me off, the idea that people would trade a career-ending injury for any player for one Super Bowl victory. It's not as if the Redskins have no championships -- the Skins have three Super Bowls, plus two pre-SB championships. I can understand fans of the Eagles or Vikings or any other team without a title feeling that way, though I'd still disagree with the mentality.

But the core reason is that in the hypothetical, the team returns to mediocrity the season after. I'd much rather have a team that's in the hunt on a regular basis, season after season, than just one fluke SB win. I'd rather have the Redskins be like the New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, etc. -- they don't win all the time, and they'll have poor seasons here and there, but they're always a force to be reckoned with, not only in the Division, but in the entire Conference. That's why both analysts and their rivals usually speak about the teams with great respect... as opposed to teams considered a 'joke', because they're never competitive.

The Super Bowl would feel good when it happened, but what happens two, three, five years later? When people are goofing on the 'Deadskins' again? It'd be right back to being miserable watching the Redskins have losing seasons. I've rather have the excitement and the chance of victory season after season, personally.

All that said, I do apologize if I seem judgmental... I'm not trying to put Skins fans hungry for a SB down. I just don't think one SB is worth as much as some make it out to be, personally.

All that said, I do apologize if I seem judgmental... I'm not trying to put Skins fans hungry for a SB down. I just don't think one SB is worth as much as some make it out to be, personally.

First of all, you have Peyton Manning is a Redskin in your avatar. That alone makes you lose some points to me...

Secondly, what do you mean "one Super Bowl isn't worth as much as some make it out to be"? Go tell that to anybody who roots for any team that who hasn't experience their team win a Super Bowl.

Go tell that to Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Bruce Smith, and Cris Carter. Why do you think Tony Gonzales keeps coming back to the Falcons, he want's a ring.

You're not going to tell me that one Super Bowl doesn't mean jack when there are plenty of people, myself included, who are craving just one Super Bowl trophy. If the Redskins win one Super Bowl, I would be good for the rest of my life because I know just how hard it is to win one.

I guess it just turns me off, the idea that people would trade a career-ending injury for any player for one Super Bowl victory. It's not as if the Redskins have no championships -- the Skins have three Super Bowls, plus two pre-SB championships. I can understand fans of the Eagles or Vikings or any other team without a title feeling that way, though I'd still disagree with the mentality.

But the core reason is that in the hypothetical, the team returns to mediocrity the season after. I'd much rather have a team that's in the hunt on a regular basis, season after season, than just one fluke SB win. I'd rather have the Redskins be like the New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, etc. -- they don't win all the time, and they'll have poor seasons here and there, but they're always a force to be reckoned with, not only in the Division, but in the entire Conference. That's why both analysts and their rivals usually speak about the teams with great respect... as opposed to teams considered a 'joke', because they're never competitive.

The Super Bowl would feel good when it happened, but what happens two, three, five years later? When people are goofing on the 'Deadskins' again? It'd be right back to being miserable watching the Redskins have losing seasons. I've rather have the excitement and the chance of victory season after season, personally.

I didn't read the entire OP so I didn't know anything about a season ending injury. To me it's just a hypothetical question I'd take a Redskins Superbowl before anything, even one.

First of all, you have Peyton Manning is a Redskin in your avatar. That alone makes you lose some points to me...

Fortunately, I don't care about getting points from you.  :D

I wasn't telling you what you should care about, just telling you what I care about -- that aside, the Redskins aren't a team that has never won a Super Bowl, so your mentions of teams that have never won and players like Dan Marino and Barry Sanders aren't relevant, IMO.

Secondly, what do you mean "one Super Bowl isn't worth as much as some make it out to be"? Go tell that to anybody who roots for any team that who hasn't experience their team win a Super Bowl.

Go tell that to Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Bruce Smith, and Cris Carter. Why do you think Tony Gonzales keeps coming back to the Falcons, he want's a ring.

You're not going to tell me that one Super Bowl doesn't mean jack when there are plenty of people, myself included, who are craving just one Super Bowl trophy. If the Redskins win one Super Bowl, I would be good for the rest of my life because I know just how hard it is to win one.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Fortunately, I don't care about getting points from you. :D

I wasn't telling you what you should care about, just telling you what I care about -- that aside, the Redskins aren't a team that has never won a Super Bowl, so your mentions of teams that have never won and players like Dan Marino and Barry Sanders aren't relevant, IMO.

And you completely missed his point

Him (like me) are in our early 20s, we haven't experienced jack **** except Zorn and Swinging Gate

They only connection I have to those trophies is the DVDs I have at my house

I wonder how many Ravens fans would want to have their last Super Bowl victory annulled if it meant they got RG3 as their quarterback? I'm betting the answer is zero.

No. I don't like the idea of any player having a career ending injury. Second of all I don't want the team to be the 2006 Cardinals (even though they didn't win you get the idea).

Right now it looks like we might be the 2012 Lions.

Tons of promise in 2011, a quick playoff exit, and a dismal follow-up year.

Archived