Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Think We All Know A Good Football Team When We See One...

Hardcore Zornography

^^ You don't need to apologize to anyone. You did nothing wrong. Just let them vent.

QFT

the cliff jumpers will be jumping for the next 24 hours or so.  Yes, this loss is dissapointing, but of the 15 other teams that lost this week, many are good and some will make the playoffs.  I believe this Redskins team is one of them, and in a couple of months this game will be an unpleasant memory.  Nothing more.

We are a good team, but Shanahan obviously held back during the first half against Philly on the offensive attack.  Why?  I don't know.  Maybe he thought he would be able to beat them without using the full playbook...and wanted to save the most lethal plays for better opponents.

We are a good team, but Shanahan obviously held back during the first half against Philly on the offensive attack.  Why?  I don't know.  Maybe he thought he would be able to beat them without using the full playbook...and wanted to save the most lethal plays for better opponents.

Dude, the 'Skins were awful in the first half. There was no holding back. I can tell from your previous posts that you have a VERY inflated view of how good this team is.

The difference between the Redskins and those other playoff teams who lost this week is Green Bay and Atlanta have credibility. They are playoff teams every year. They will make the playoffs this year. They lost to playoff teams.

The Redskins lost to a loser operation, fly by night QB, and rookie head coach and rookie defensive coordinator and the Redskins have no history of making the playoffs. They have been a losing franchise for years now so one 10-6 season is considered an aberration or an exception and now the Redksins have proven that they are back to where they came from....the bottom of the NFC EAST.

From here, its going to take a miracle to get this defense to stop other teams from shredding the secondary. Or...A NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

The difference between the Redskins and those other playoff teams who lost this week is Green Bay and Atlanta have credibility. They are playoff teams every year. They will make the playoffs this year. They lost to playoff teams.

The Redskins lost to a loser operation, fly by night QB, and rookie head coach and rookie defensive coordinator and the Redskins have no history of making the playoffs. They have been a losing franchise for years now so one 10-6 season is considered an aberration or an exception and now the Redksins have proven that they are back to where they came from....the bottom of the NFC EAST.

From here, its going to take a miracle to get this defense to stop other teams from shredding the secondary. Or...A NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

Teams were shredding our secondary last year also and look what happened; 7 game winning streak and NFC East Champs. You are really starting to sound more and more like a troll. How in the world have they "proven" that they are back in the basement of the East after one week?

Dude, the 'Skins were awful in the first half. There was no holding back. I can tell from your previous posts that you have a VERY inflated view of how good this team is.

1990 Washington Redskins Record: 10-6

1991 Washington Redskins Record: 14-2.  Super Bowl Champions.  A team that decided to go on a SEEK AND DESTROY MISSION FROM WEEK 1 OF REGULAR SEASON.  45-0 victory at home against Detroit.

2012 Washington Redskins Record: 10-6

2013 Washington Redskins.....have the potential to win it all, but only when they are willing to adapt the desire and belief to do so.

this is why im always talking about tempering my enthusiasm, it hurts too god damn much to get all pumped up about this team and then have them come out and look like this.

Exactly. I think that's why last year was the one "fun" season I've had in over a decade. I was tempering my expectations, we were always competitive and fun to watch, and we ended up doing well.

Then I let myself get excited and wearing my 'Skins stuff all the time during the offseason. First game was a real disappointment but figured a lot went wrong and we would at least seem like that "competitive, fun" team of last year.

Not even close. This is honestly depressing me and ruining my day. I don't know what is happening. Its horrible.

Exactly. I think that's why last year was the one "fun" season I've had in over a decade. I was tempering my expectations, we were always competitive and fun to watch, and we ended up doing well.

I mostly agree.  Last year was a lot of fun, and it reminded me of the run we made at the end of '05.  In both cases I felt that the team was on the verge of taking the next step, but we crumbled under the expectations.  Being 0-2 isn't the end of the world, but being 0-2 and looking as bad as we do is reason for concern.  I suppose I've come to terms with the fact that this year is about developing talent, getting RG3 healthy, and building more chemistry.

I was wrong. Deadass wrong. I've never been fooled more in my entire life concerning this team. No, the season is not over, but this is a bad football team at the moment. Just plain bad. Penalties, tackling, blocking, catching, coaching, heart. Everything is out of whack, and it doesn't get much easier next week.

I really hoped that this was the year where we would finally say goodbye to inexcusible piss poor, inept play, but I was wrong. This team has a lot of issues,

Unfortunately for some fans, Danny Smith isn't around to beat on anymore. Might be time to hide all sharp objects.

We can still beat on him. Now we just laugh at the Steelers when we do it.

We looked so solid during preseason...

Oh yeah, our scrubs can beat up on other scrubs using vanilla schemes. Super Bowl Baby!

Archived