Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Think We All Know A Good Football Team When We See One...

Hardcore Zornography

After one quarter in Tampa.

Skins 17

Bucs 0

Skins 183 yds

Bucs 19 yds

There might not be one player on the field tonight for Tampa that could make our squad.

and they had 35 total yards in the first half.  Absolute domination by the Redskins.  Even if it is the 4th pre-season game, and I'm sure 90% of the players on both team would rather be doing anything else than playing that game tonight...that is still crazy domination. 

The depth on this team is scary. 

I don't think there's anything wrong about legitimate excitement about this team.

Nobody is crowning them Super Bowl Champs or anything, but this team has looked very promising in the pre-season.  The last two times I remember false confidence coming out of preseason was '98 when we basically won games in the 3rd and 4th quarter of preseason games, and Spurrier's season, when we kept our starters in to run up the score.

Neither one of those is the case this year.

This is a good team.  They have their share of issues and the pre-season injuries have bitten the team pretty badly.  But this year's Redskins have a legitimate realistic shot to win every game they'll play.  They're not going to win them all, but i haven't felt this way about the team in a long time.  It's hard to believe the '11 Carolina game was just two years ago (and to think... I was pulling for John Beck to get the job).

And this iteration of the Washington Redskins is a good football team. I know it's preseason. I know we have a lot of youngsters. But we are beating every level of every depth chart of every team we have faced thus far.

I don't care if none of the teams were jaugernaughts last season. We have had brain farts and stupid penalty after stupid penalty, and we are still beating the brakes off the teams we have played this preseason.

The guys seem to be a big family. They love helping each other out and pushing one another. We don't have any cancer in the locker room (RG3 "vs" Shanny is not cancer or a distraction).

If health holds up, we are going to be a 1-3 seed in the playoffs this year. I have never been more pumped up for a season than now, nor have I been as pleased with an overall preseason performance as the one we have shown this season. Don't give me any "Remember Osaka" junk either. This is nothing like that preseason. We have players, coaches,  and budding stars on this squad.

Who else feels like this start is not a mirage, and we are the "REAL DEAL"??

I'm with ya Dude. This preseason was nothing like Osaka. Nothing. Spurrier had no clue what he was doing & wanted to show off, as opposed to Shanny who ran, what, 4, maybe 5 plays all of preseason & like you said, we just beat everyone we faced at every level. This is a team that has bought into the system, has been together long enough (most of them anyway) to know their assignment, & they truly seem to be enjoying playing with each other. This is going to be really fun season for us.

This right here...this is what makes suffering thru the bad years worth it!

This team deserves blown out and absolutely embarrassed for playing this type of football! Hopefully this smack in the face will wake them up for next week and the rest of the season. As far as RG3, he's not even playing close to the level he was playing last year, somethings still wrong with him. 

People really need to stop bashing RGIII just because "Hey, AP came back no problem" Seriously. In another half or two of football you folks are going to look idiotic.

The thing is, AP didn't come back no problem. He had to work his way into game shape.

I don't think that people remember that.

I knew this thread would be bumped.

Oh well. The 2nd half was encouraging so I'm not too worried yet. Losing Week 1 doesn't cancel my original sentiments.

I didn't see a problem with being hyped by the team's encouraging preseason success. I am also still of the thought that this is the best product we have put on the field since 1992.

Hard luck being the team to open against this Chip Kelly style. But we'll be OK. The loss sucks because it is a division loss, but it will even out in the end I believe.

Sorry for the bad juju to those that believe in such things.

Archived