Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Think We All Know A Good Football Team When We See One...

Hardcore Zornography

Long time lurker on this forum since ~2005 when I was in middle school (junior in college now). Reading some of these posts leads me to ask the question, what does it take to make some of you happy? If we had been dominated by the team the pats put out there what would everyone be saying then? We looked good against mostly back-ups sure, but isn't that what we should want to see? our starters pushing around an inferior team. Sure its not a good look against real competition, but at least its something positive. 

Long time lurker on this forum since ~2005 when I was in middle school (junior in college now). Reading some of these posts leads me to ask the question, what does it take to make some of you happy? If we had been dominated by the team the pats put out there what would everyone be saying then? We looked good against mostly back-ups sure, but isn't that what we should want to see? our starters pushing around an inferior team. Sure its not a good look against real competition, but at least its something positive.

The preseason is largely meaningless. Win or lose, means nothing except for a handful of in-betweeners that may make the team to play ST based on effort. It isn't positive or negative.

Glad you decided to post though. It's always nice to have new folks on board to share their opinions. Welcome.

The preseason is largely meaningless. Win or lose, means nothing except for a handful of in-betweeners that may make the team to play ST based on effort. It isn't positive or negative.

Glad you decided to post though. It's always nice to have new folks on board to share their opinions. Welcome.

Don't get me wrong I'm not predicting a 14 win season just because we beat the pats, but I am happy the starters looked formidable against somewhat weaker competition, as they should. As for the "in-betweeners", I agree that they probably won't make much of an impact during the regular season except maybe for ST. Rarely do late-round/undrafted man crushes ever turn into superstars (with some exceptions of course). 

Lol this thread is a joke right? I mean no Brady, Gronk or Revis and your going to say the Redskins are good. Lets give it like 6 weeks and I mean 6 regular season weeks before we make any statements like the Skins are good.

Were a 3-13 team until proven other wise.

Lol this thread is a joke right? I mean no Brady, Gronk or Revis and your going to say the Redskins are good. Lets give it like 6 weeks and I mean 6 regular season weeks before we make any statements like the Skins are good.

Were a 3-13 team until proven other wise.

nah, this was a thread from last pre-season. someone decided to bump it during the game last night just for fun, and to remind everyone not to get too happy and to remember that its just a pre-season game.

nah, this was a thread from last pre-season. someone decided to bump it during the game last night just for fun, and to remind everyone not to get too happy and to remember that its just a pre-season game.

This is why I hate alot of ES threads. Some of them started 7 years ago and they keep merging newer similar threads to them. You start off reading a conversation that has nothing to do with current events, and many of us don't have the time nor patience to look up when the thread becomes current.

I used to love ES and still do but its not like it used to be.

This is why I hate alot of ES threads. Some of them started 7 years ago and they keep merging newer similar threads to them. You start off reading a conversation that has nothing to do with current events, and many of us don't have the time nor patience to look up when the thread becomes current.

I used to love ES and still do but its not like it used to be.

I used to love ES posters and still do but its not like it used to be.  :P

(actually it is, people remain people everywhere). 

I think we all get burned on that "old thread" deal every now and then, but most of us, with help of loved ones and sometimes professionals when needed, cope.  :mellow:

But I have some thoughts---now don't take this as any sensitivity on my end as I tend to lack most human feelings...but what if you take the responsibility as a big ole grown-up to check the date of a thread before replying, since many discussion forums allow the bumping of older threads (durrr).

We do penalize if we feel it's (bumping) being abused, of course. Here its use made a valid point, in very appropriate fashion (our own words from the past), as bumping often does.

I'm thinking that in your next post on this site (and it should be posted in the feedback forum as your comment here should have been) it would be a good exercise for you to detail how often (and which) 7 year old threads we "keep merging" with similar new ones. And in any examples (plural) you present, explain how it was "a bad choice" based on your experience and knowledge---feel free to cite any personal creds/refs if beyond "message board reader and poster", even if they're just made up. 

We always appreciate intelligent and informed feedback (posted in the proper forum) since there's so few of we unpaid janitors at this place.  :D

I used to love ES posters and still do but its not like it used to be.  :P

(actually it is, people remain people everywhere). 

I think we all get burned on that "old thread" deal every now and then, but most of us, with help of loved ones and sometimes professionals when needed, cope.  :mellow:

But I have some thoughts---now don't take this as any sensitivity on my end as I tend to lack most human feelings...but what if you take the responsibility as a big ole grown-up to check the date of a thread before replying, since many discussion forums allow the bumping of older threads (durrr).

We do penalize if we feel it's (bumping) being abused, of course. Here its use made a valid point, in very appropriate fashion (our own words from the past), as bumping often does.

I'm thinking that in your next post on this site (and it should be posted in the feedback forum as your comment here should have been) it would be a good exercise for you to detail how often (and which) 7 year old threads we "keep merging" with similar new ones. And in any examples (plural) you present, explain how it was "a bad choice" based on your experience and knowledge---feel free to cite any personal creds/refs if beyond "message board reader and poster", even if they're just made up. 

We always appreciate intelligent and informed feedback (posted in the proper forum) since there's so few of we unpaid janitors at this place.  :D

Wait I get a warning for being critical of this site for the first time in the decade plus I've on it? Jumbo I think I was pretty clear in my first post, of course I read the dates of the threads that's why I had the gripe, I don't get the criticism. As for posting my thoughts on the on the feedback forum. I've noticed that I'm not the only one who shares these feelings, but unlike here, those thoughts are falling on deaf ears in the feedback thread. But out of respect, I'll share my thoughts there and hope in the span of a few months a get a reply or two, while over here, where the party is at, I'm more likely to get a response same day. As for citing my examples of bad threads, you can throw this one in there along with the paloff thread from 8 years ago. :) Smiley face to show no ill will. HTTR

Wait I get a warning for being critical of this site for the first time in the decade plus I've on it? Jumbo I think I was pretty clear in my first post, of course I read the dates of the threads that's why I had the gripe, I don't get the criticism. As for posting my thoughts on the on the feedback forum. I've noticed that I'm not the only one who shares these feelings, but unlike here, those thoughts are falling on deaf ears in the feedback thread. But out of respect, I'll share my thoughts there and hope in the span of a few months a get a reply or two, while over here, where the party is at, I'm more likely to get a response same day. As for citing my examples of bad threads, you can throw this one in there along with the paloff thread from 8 years ago. :) Smiley face to show no ill will. HTTR

while over here, where the party is at, I'm more likely to get a response same day.

And this post is a repeat of the same rule violation I warned you of, and you do it very deliberately, again. The red highlight shows you're offering the very thinking that we outline in our rules as to why we made the rule---member's don't have free reign to post "what they want where they want" just to get the level of attention they seek. BTW your assignment wasn't "bad threads." 

The feedback forum is where the staff reads the posts and may or may not reply (is this that hard?). Usually we don't reply because of time and not wanting to encourage extended exchanges (especially "debating") that calls for even more replies/responses from staff. If you see no change to a matter you raise, that is  a "reply." The ears aren't deaf, nor are the eyes blind, they hear (read) and either agree and make a change or disagree and don't.

Your warning here (and it was just a warning, mind you) was for a rule violation, plain and simple, not criticizing the site--in fact suggesting that (false accusations--you need to provide evidence) without being on solid ground is another rule violation. This isn't your first violation---in fact, you just had one last month, not that it matters other than going to this obstinacy and inaccuracy, whatever is prompting it. I wondered if maybe you were sore about that violation (again you got only a warning on it) from TK, since it was about improperly starting a new thread.  

Maybe you ought to read and learn the rules. I really should give you a month off here, but I'd rather you "get it." You've received a fair share of "breaks" just on these matters, so don't figure your long term patronage doesn't matter.  :)

Now let's return to the topic of this old bumped thread or let it fade away.

For those who have lurked this board for more than a couple years would know that the Nazi mods have pretty much turned this board into the same 5-6 super threads endlessly merged and bumped. For better or for worse, its the way it is. If you don't like it, you can post somewhere else.

On topic, I think we need some more preseason hype. Its always good to see good hype before the epic 3 win crash.

"pretty much turned this board into the same 5-6 super threads endlessly merged and bumped"

What nuttery. These type of comments reveal a serious inability to note reality---just read the thread dates and titles on the front page, day to day, over time. We have had a very few long running (and popular) "mega" threads over the last decade.

But I'm happy to get rid of another troll (reading the member's history).

Though I am going to close this to deprive any more dedicated lemmings of further using it as a stage for their leap into greatness.

Archived