Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Think We All Know A Good Football Team When We See One...

Hardcore Zornography

Bumping this in case anyone was getting excited.

I'm serious.

14 wins MINIMUM for this team.

Last year we were 4-0 in the pre-season.  Let that sink in for a minute or two. 

Exactly.  A lot of people forget that we were really 7-13 last year.

AND we have a 6 game preseason winning streak.

Pursuit of perfection, ****es

I was trying to figure out how we could improve on last year's preseason.  The only thing I could think of was pitching a shutout.  We were close.

What means more?  What we did tonight or what we did in the 2011 preseason?  

Bad stat is bad.

what we did tonight, means more. bad stat is bad, but citing 2011 preseason success as a means of comparison is worse.

The team is vastly different from its 2011 counterpart, meaning 2011's success compared to 2014's success has little relevance. Let's wait and see.

Great bump lol. Guess we could put the preseason championship next to all our offseason championships.

Which would you prefer: The Redskins look awful in preseason or competent?

Logic states looking competent is preferable, but as numerous ES posters have expressed, preseason success doesn't extrapolate to regular season success. That's fine. But honest question- what would you prefer? what would this board prefer?

I believe the latter is always preferable. In fact, i'm still earnestly waiting for the creation of the "Co(u)lt of McCoy" thread to materialize. Too soon? perhaps too painful

Good points:

Aldrick Robinson running other routes and catching the ball.

OL getting a great push forward.

Lache Seastrunk is damn fast, but has uet to face a 1st string D.

Troubling points:

RG3 STARING DOWN his WRs on every pass play. Every pass was telegraphed, which may raise doubts about his ability as a pocket passer.

Cousins threw another ball up for grabs that should've been an INT.

2 things I took away from the game:

We are obviously a better team than the Patriots

Colt Mccoy is a better QB than Brady

I dont know about that...but I now feel pretty good if we have to face the Patriots w/o Brady, Edelman, Gronk, Amendola

Here's the way I look at it, we have only one game to judge this team at this point in time.

Today, I feel very good about this time.  Not buying Super Bowl tickets, but I am going to enjoy this game until the next one.

I'd rather be happy for the next week as opposed to looking for reasons to be upset.

Not being negative here (I'm very excited for this team), but here's why last night doesn't matter to me:

The New England Patriots are one of the best teams in football this year after having improved at virtually every position that needed improvement.

I would not even take a +14 line against them in the regular season. I doubt any of us here would make a meaningfully painful bet that we will win more games than the Pats this year.

There were flashes of young talent we should be excited about. Anything more should be dialed back.

Archived