Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LINDY'S 2013 PRO FOOTBALL PREVIEW - DALLAS OVER SKINS

MWAI

Also remember, the 91 skins were underdogs in the Superbowl against the Bills. In fact, I believe they were underdogs in every an they won

They might have been 'dogs in the game itself (I don't remember), but they were definitely picked to get there by many publications going into that 1991 season.

But most picked us to finish 2-3 in the NFC-E.

Burg, the Redskins swept the Cowboys last year. In the first game our QB threw 4 TDs. In the second game our RB rushed for 200 yards. We finished two games ahead of the Cowboys in the standings.

It was not a 'hair's breadth' difference between us. We were substantially better.

Also remember, the 91 skins were underdogs in the Superbowl against the Bills. In fact, I believe they were underdogs in every an they won

They might have been 'dogs in the game itself (I don't remember), but they were definitely picked to get there by many publications going into that 1991 season.

Interesting...I don't remember it that way, but I was 14 and didn't really have a sense of much outside of the local media (who adored the organization back then). I always thought that writers like Peter King, etc. picked the Redskins and Bills to meet in the Super Bowl that year. It seemed to be treated as the match up that everyone saw coming from August.

Burg, the Redskins swept the Cowboys last year. In the first game our QB threw 4 TDs. In the second game our RB rushed for 200 yards. We finished two games ahead of the Cowboys in the standings.

It was not a 'hair's breadth' difference between us. We were substantially better.

We were better for sure, but in a winner-take-all game to end the season, the two teams were tied 7-7 at halftime and Dallas had the ball down 3 with a couple minutes to play in the game. I think it all depends on how you want to frame the argument, to be honest.

But, but, Dallas almost won that game. The Redskins just got lucky when Troy threw a pick, just like he's been doing for years. And it doesn't matter that the Cowboys trailed for the entire game, and couldn't stop the run even when everybody in the place knew the Redskins were gonna keep doing it till we made them stop. Dallas was clearly the better team. Everywhere except on the ground, and on the scoreboard.

Do you all know how many times we lost to the Cowboys by one score over the past decade? We weren't within a 'hair's breadth' of being as good as them. We were just flat out bad.

Scores rise and fall and we bite our nails and think the worst and cheer when we win, but when the smoke clears and we are two games better and sweep a team it's ok to say we are the substantially better team. Because we are.

Man... all of these people must really love Lorenzo Alexander.

Do they have the Cardinals winning the NFC West?  SMH...

LMAO, This is a great post.  Seriously, if asked they will put it down to how healthy is RGIII going to be which we all know is a legit statement somewhat.  What i don't get is how come the Cowboys are either number one or two.  Really?  They are changing their entire D structure with a new D coach.  Remember how good we did when we went from a 4-3 to a 3-4?  and that was with a D that was ranked top 10.  I just don't see it.

The Redskins have been a bottom dwelling loser of a team for 20 years. It's going to take more than one winning season to get any respect.

If the Raiders, Bills, Lions, Chiefs, Jags win their division, do you think they're being respected the following year?

Man... all of these people must really love Lorenzo Alexander.

Do they have the Cardinals winning the NFC West?  SMH...

LMAO, This is a great post.  Seriously, if asked they will put it down to how healthy is RGIII going to be which we all know is a legit statement somewhat.  What i don't get is how come the Cowboys are either number one or two.  Really?  They are changing their entire D structure with a new D coach.  Remember how good we did when we went from a 4-3 to a 3-4?  and that was with a D that was ranked top 10.  I just don't see it.

Not to mention that they are two steps from hiring Sherm Lewis to call plays for their offense.  Don't forget about that whole debacle.

It is what it is.  This is just setting the Cowboys fans up for another "What the ****?" December.  I don't care... lol

Interesting...I don't remember it that way, but I was 14 and didn't really have a sense of much outside of the local media (who adored the organization back then). I always thought that writers like Peter King, etc. picked the Redskins and Bills to meet in the Super Bowl that year. It seemed to be treated as the match up that everyone saw coming from August.

>Burg, the Redskins swept the Cowboys last year. In the first game our QB threw 4 TDs. In the second game our RB rushed for 200 yards. We finished two games ahead of the Cowboys in the standings.

We were better for sure, but in a winner-take-all game to end the season, the two teams were tied 7-7 at halftime and Dallas had the ball down 3 with a couple minutes to play in the game. I think it all depends on how you want to frame the argument, to be honest.

Until Cunningham went down, the Eagles were generally the most favored team.  Also, remember in 1991 that being projected as 3rd best in the NFC-East meant you were probably a better team than some of the teams favored to win their division.  You still had to consider the Giants as they were just coming off the SB and the Cowboys were up and coming.

The Redskins have been a bottom dwelling loser of a team for 20 years. It's going to take more than one winning season to get any respect.

If the Raiders, Bills, Lions, Chiefs, Jags win their division, do you think they're being respected the following year?

You can use this argument if the Seahawks and Bengals are picked to finish last.  But if they aren't... ohhhh boy.

Got it, Seattle has a Super Bowl appearance in the last 10 years as well as a few division championships (one of which at 7-9)... but they also have preyed on a weak NFC West during that time.  They won 11 games out of nowhere last year and they've also lost their defensive coordinator from last year.

The Bungles have been the Bungles for years.  Every now and then they show up in the playoffs and don't make any noise.  If they cite the Steelers getting old as a reason, then they need to do the same for the Cowboys and Giants.

It just doesn't add up.  It's either all about the knee or it's plain disrespect from these guys, KB.

DC9, I dig what you're saying. The East has had three different teams fighting for the top spot for a long time and it hasn't been us. The Bungels are certainly an up and comer and Seattle like you said has been in a recent (semi) superbowl and did beat us (lucky for them) in the playoffs last year.

If we win our division, excuse me, when we win our division again and win a few playoff games again and dominate the losers in our division again, we will start to see respect.

There is an obvious lack of respect for our team, maybe because of our owner, our record, our name, who knows and I don't disagree, but we are going to have to keep winning and force them to pay attention and look out for us. Soon mehson, we will have that respect again.

As long as Jerruh runs that circus the Cowboys should NEVER be picked to finish higher than 2nd place...and that's only if they don't seem to have any real holes or issues. The way that franchise is run by their "GM" will rarely, if ever, maximize whatever talent they may have on the roster and in the coaching staff. They've come in 3rd for three seasons straight, with almost no recognizable improvement since Garrett took over 2 1/2 years ago.

Personally, I'd rather it be the Cowboys and Skins fighting for the division than the Giants or the Eagles. But picking either the Cowboys or the Giants is more or less a tale in laziness than analysis: "Giants went to the SB 2 years ago, Manning always makes them favorites"..."Cowboys were in position to win the division two years in a row, Romo sits to pee always makes them favorites".

The Lions made the playoffs two years ago and everyone thought they were going to make the playoffs again this year, if not win the division.

you picked the magazine that was actually the nicest to the Redskins.  The others that I have, have us last or 3rd.  mostly, last.  We were the best team in the division last league but that has earned us to be the hot pick for last place in nfl magazine world.  IMO a more apt topic would be -- NFL magazines think the division this year will be between the Giants and Cowboys with the Redskins and Eagles fighting for the cellar. 

That's fine. You know this stuff just pushes Griffin, Fletcher et al harder. Let the preseason pundits cast their stones. I prefer to make fun of them at the end of the season...

I agree if this means anything, it means good things -- better to have a chip on your shoulder than have people pat you on your back. Its amazing to me that Dallas is getting so much love, they seem to underachieve year after year -- what makes this year different?

Meh...i'm not all too worried about the mediots & their silly predictions. In fact, i think they've become more obsessed with trends as opposed to factual material. Most of them site things like the worst to first phenomenon the last 8+ years, or the sophomore slump, or other wishful musings like defenses "getting" the read-option, or not being convinced that RGIII will return to form or get better.

Anywho...they had us last in 2012 & we all watched what happened, most had our record at 3-13....that was our average record prediction among media outlets.

No...this is actually encouraging to me...strange as that sounds. Betting against media predictions is just about as good as a predictive measure as anything.

One thing i can predict? This will most definitely motivate our team & give them that much lauded additional chip on their shoulder. I wouldn't be surprised to hear it mentioned in the locker room at times during the year...like after beating Dallas at Jerruh-World.

Do you all know how many times we lost to the Cowboys by one score over the past decade? We weren't within a 'hair's breadth' of being as good as them. We were just flat out bad.

Scores rise and fall and we bite our nails and think the worst and cheer when we win, but when the smoke clears and we are two games better and sweep a team it's ok to say we are the substantially better team. Because we are.

Except that, with the arguable exception of 2010, the Cowboys haven't been bad since before Parcells first took over there. Hell, even when they were bad from 1999 - 2002, they still beat us in all but one game, yet they really weren't the "substantially better team." If I'm not mistaken, we finished with a better record than they did during EVERY YEAR of that stretch, yet we kept losing to them. The fact is that, although we're currently the better team, they are still a potentially dangerous team who has a good shot at beating us. Bottom line: there was nothing wrong with Burgold's description.

Well, here's the thing about their prediction: they picked the Cowboys last season so I guess their strategy is LET IT RIDE and sooner or later they will get it right. I picked the Redskins last year to be 10-6 and they did, but I will be a bit on the bold side...I believe we will be 11-5 this season. I know it's not time for predictions yet but I just thought I would throw that in there. It's too early to give all the reasons but I have an extensive Laundry list which I might throw out there at another time.

Also, some of you are right when you say it's best to be overlooked because it pushes and motivates the players. Of all the players who get fired up I expect Orakpo to be Laurence Taylor on Cocaine this season. I saw one poll of pass rushers in which Rak wasn't even considered in the TOP TWENTY. wow! Way to go. I saw an interveiw where he was upset that he wasn't in the TOP 10....wait till he sees he isn't even in the top 20. If he is healthy...I expect him to produce 15 sacks minimum which will open things up for Kerrigan. This defense is going to be what it should have been last season before injuries and suspensions.

I love buying these magazines and yes I know they are an obselete thing in this digital age.

Was sad there was no Sporting News last year, but they are back this year.  This year is the

final year for the Pro Football Weekly Preview since that magazine folded. I can remember

the mid 90's had probably over 20 previews.  I think Joe Theisman did a preview a couple of

years.

As far as Lindy's prediction; at least Howard Balzer picked us second.  Howard almost always

picks Dallas for the division.   The rest of the preview magazines had us 4th.

I say we fight for the playoffs and probably make it; either as division champs or wild card.

You know the Lindy magazine picks Dallas as the NFC East champs this year because they named the magazine after a Rodney Dangerfield character diving move. The triple Lindy. I guess that is how they came to the conclusion. They tried a triple Lindy and almost knock themselves out before they got to their conclusion. It just goes to show you how many of these guys can't get the pick right. Dallas drafts a few guys that were rated high, brought in a new DC, gave Tony Romo sits to pee a new big money contract, and allowed him to be more involved in the offense and everyone declares them the winners. Haven't they done this before with very little success? Now the Eagles brought in Chip Kelly and he has changed the culture with his new way of doing things and they are automatically better than the Redskins also. So why should the Redskins or even the Giants even play the games? They should just forfeit their games to the Eagles and Cowboys because they are so superior in every way. Give me a break. Why does anyone even buy those magazines? They pick the same picks every year only to be wrong. Every team can get better and turn the corner except for the Redskins. Even the Lions have a better chance of being picked to win the Super Bowl by these idiots than the Redskins do.

I think these writers who are predicting the Skins won't win the NFC-East, are basing it on the Skins defensive woes, and the fact that the Skins didn't upgrade their offensive line.

I believe they feel that the defensive secondary will be vulnerable, and that will force the Skins offense to put up big numbers, just to keep up with what the defense is giving up. 

Frankly, I think the pundits will be surprised by the Skins pass-rush this season, which will help the defensive secondary to look better.

Yes I spent my $8 today on my annual obligatory football magazine and I chose LINDY'S SPORTS PRO FOOTBALL 2013 PREVIEW. Well, not to my surprise, guess what? They love DALLAS to finish in FIRST PLACE in the NFC EAST. Redskins follow in 2nd place, then Philadelphia, and it's hard to believe but they have the N.Y GIANTS in LAST PLACE.

So the Dallas worship continues....meanwhile apparently so does the Michael Vick worship because they are projecting the Vick led team to surpass the Eli Manning led team. Will the madness never stop.

For those of you who only buy one magazine, I always choose this one NOT because they ever pick the Redskins, but because they give a good review of the draft picks of each team, also because they give an excellent preview of this years college studs at each position for next years draft, and they also list all available free agents currently not with a team, plus all of last years player stats. Good stuff.

I pay $8 and I consider it to be a valuable resource...and I assure you it has nothing to do with the color photos of all those scantily clad cheerleaders in the middle section of this magazine. Anyway, that is my review of the girls....uh..I mean the magazine.

Dallas still is week on the OL and needs to be able to run the ball to win the NFC East.

Archived