Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

20 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol they have like one hockey analyst, living in the boiler room. That says it all

Ya'll talking about that cat, Barry Melrose?  He's probably the only one in Bristol that knows what the puck is for, critical endangered species list.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

They be like, "Live from the basement, your NHL expert analyst.  We traded away our washing machine to get him.  Every welcome (slight pause), errr, Alex Wayne Ovechetzky?!"

I swear, it could be the dead of night, and they'll be like "Now its on to the NHL, and here to discuss all the action on the ice is Barry Melrose.""Oh and here's Barry Melrose."" Hey, guess who's here to talk hockey with us.... You guessed it, Barry Melrose."

they have him on like every day, and every time, it looks like he's been unstuffed from a closet like a human Swiffer

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Destino said:

ESPN is all about Jordan versus LeBron because the playoff scoring record was broken last night.  Boring.  Heres something worse than that.

Did anyone see Shaq's foot on TNT last night?  I'm scarred for life and you can be too.  

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/please-enjoy-this-image-of-shaqs-foot-1795567305

i nearly vomited seeing that last night.

I think Kyrie Irving might actually be the star of this series.  Lebron may still be economical, but I doubt he goes crazy in this series. They're not gonna win unless everyone is contributing at a high level. Kyrie is going to look for Steph every time he has the ball.

I think Klay or Kyrie will be the reason either team wins. Well, Kyrie and Tristan Thompson

On 5/20/2017 at 5:11 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Jordan didn't play in a watered down NBA, for starters.  

2016 Golden State doesn't look nearly that good with the rules that Jordan dealt with back in the day.  IMO, the heart of the issue here isn't necessarily the matchup of talents and abilities, but the rules that each team had to play with.  And if you're including the rules that Jordan's teams had to abide by, it's not even a contest.  Even if you were to let Jordan's Bulls teams play with 2016 NBA rules, it'd still be close.  But back then, Bulls vs. Knicks in the Eastern Conference Finals was practically a streetfight.  Same with Pistons vs. Bulls before Jordan could get to the Finals.  John Starks might not have been a truly great basketball player but he'd put Steph Curry in the front row if given the chance and it wouldn't be a technical.  

This pre-dates Jordan, but still:

NOT A TECHNICAL FOUL.  No fines or suspensions.  That doesn't happen in the NBA today.  If someone did that to softer-than-puppy-**** Steph that player would have been immediately ejected, fined and suspended.  You'd have Stephen A Smith not shutting the **** up about it for three days straight on ESPN.  Back then, this was business as usual.

More proof, here's Complex's top NBA Playoff Brawls:  http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/04/the-greatest-brawls-in-nba-playoffs-history/brawl-10

I know this is a bit late, but I never knew Ned Flanders played for the Lakers :)

40 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

McGee v. Thompson battling for boards will be a good/important matchup to watch..

44 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

McGee is so much better than Eziel it's absurd. Kevin Durant is so much better than Barnes it's even more absurd. Warriors in 4. 

It may come down to a McGee-ism deciding this series...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

Do you mean a Shaqtin-a-fool moment? LOL! ?

Yeah, like after grabbing a rebound in the final seconds, down one, and someone in the crowd  shouts "Yo, I'm open!" and he blanks, and throws the ball into the third row, with that classic bewildered look on his face afterwards.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

I really have no idea what to think of this series. But I'll try.

Cavs are basically the same team as last season just more rested and confident from being NBA champs and knowing they can beat Golden State at Oracle, in a game 7. Lebron might be playing the best postseason of his career and Love looks to be healthy and a reliable threat again. Kyrie is Kyrie I guess. I don't see much different about him over last season.

The Warriors are weaker at depth, but upgraded massively through Durant over Barnes, Curry being healthy, the lack of pressure from the greatest season ever, and they shouldn't have any ridiculous Draymond suspensions for looking at Lebron the wrong way. 

On the other hand, they are probably a lot worse at coach, a coach with a history of being bullied by Lebron. I can see Mike Brown getting psyched out like Henry Wrinkler in The Waterboy, reduced to sucking his thumb on the bench while reading a "basketball for dummies" book trying not to make eye contact with Bron. 

So, with that expert analysis out of the way. I think the Warriors run over the Cavs. Dubs in 5, max, take it to the bank Undefeated, Never Loss!

If Lebron somehow wins...the top of the arena likely opens up and he grabs his thunderbolt and ascends into the sky, having fulfilled the prophecy. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

9 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

As much as he used to annoy me, I have come to really respect LeBron. He's a good ambassador for the league and a genuinely good person. 

Well said Bron:

I was a huge hater but he really does seem to be a good guy and spokesman for the league. He's almost impossible to hate at this point and I respect what he's done and the journey he took to get here. He has changed a lot in the landscape of sports and given power to the players in ways nobody else has. He has also used his platform and sponsors to further support his own causes and issues.

I tip my hat to him. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I really have no idea what to think of this series. But I'll try.

Cavs are basically the same team as last season just more rested and confident from being NBA champs and knowing they can beat Golden State at Oracle, in a game 7. Lebron might be playing the best postseason of his career and Love looks to be healthy and a reliable threat again. Kyrie is Kyrie I guess. I don't see much different about him over last season.

The Warriors are weaker at depth, but upgraded massively through Durant over Barnes, Curry being healthy, the lack of pressure from the greatest season ever, and they shouldn't have any ridiculous Draymond suspensions for looking at Lebron the wrong way. 

On the other hand, they are probably a lot worse at coach, a coach with a history of being bullied by Lebron. I can see Mike Brown getting psyched out like Henry Wrinkler in The Waterboy, reduced to sucking his thumb on the bench while reading a "basketball for dummies" book trying not to make eye contact with Bron. 

So, with that expert analysis out of the way. I think the Warriors run over the Cavs. Dubs in 5, max, take it to the bank Undefeated, Never Loss!

If Lebron somehow wins...the top of the arena likely opens up and he grabs his thunderbolt and ascends into the sky, having fulfilled the prophecy. 

You ****. You are the Stephen A smith of the es in predicting games. Means my warriors will probably lose now. 

Only chance the Cavs have is if Kevin Love plays extremely well.  The Warriors are a great team but Klay Thompson is having a fairly terrible post season and Steph has a history of underperforming versus the Cavs.  If the Cavs have three stars scoring well, the Warriors aren't going to beat them if two of their three scorers put in mediocre performances.