Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

29 minutes ago, DM72 said:

LeBron doesn't get routed twice by Houston.

With the way the Cavs "defend" they could.

Houston is better than any team the Cavs have faced so far.

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

His praise for Lebron was on 100 yesterday....had a presser where he was fawning over the guy being 32, having so much wear/tear on his body, but still getting faster/better as the years go on.  Unless what he was getting at was code for being on that Roger Clemens...hahahahhaa

I didn't see the entire press conference but that soundbite was taken out of context. 

And Lebron is on PEDs. I Don't care, but I believe he is.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Wouldn't shock me, either.  ESPN just posted that he's first player to score 35 or more in each game of a four-game sweep.  Dude is playing like the best player in basketball, even at 32.

That's not unheard of. Larry Bird at 31 averaged 28 9 and 8 a game on 50-40-90. At 32, MJ led the Bulls to 72 wins and a title. Kareem won his 6th MVP at 32 in 1980.

Is Tom Brady on PED's? He's in his 40's and he's still the best player in a more violent sport.

With that being said, it wouldn't shock me if LeBron was on PED's.

Edited by DM72

3 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

That's not unheard of. Larry Bird at 31 averaged 28 9 and 8 a game on 50-40-90. At 32, MJ led the Bulls to 72 wins and a title. Kareem won his 6th MVP at 32 in 1980.

I can dig it.  Again I don't think he is, but he's moving like the universe, he's not slowing down, he's speeding up.

Can it just be Lebron takes care of his body?  The guy spends $2 million a year on personal chefs, trainers, etc.  He's got a trainer everywhere he travels.  Works out 5 times a week even when he's on vacation.  He might be the most well conditioned athlete in all of sports.  

Edited by drowland
  • Like 1

With all the scrutiny that LeBron is under, it would surprise me if he's on PEDs.  Someone, somewhere would talk.  Also LeBron has almost always been big.  There was no real transformation with him.  If anything, he got leaner and lost some strength once he went back to Cleveland.  He's just got strong joints.

Last thing, LeBron is an athletic genius.  That includes knowing how to move his body in ways that keep him from getting hurt.  When is the last time anyone can remember LeBron taking a hard fall or landing awkwardly?  Some guys just have an innate knack for avoiding the kinds of movement and contact that lead to injury.  Semi-related, this occurred to me when I was watching Christian McCaffrey play.  I was amazed by the fact that opponents literally tried to kill him on the field as their only real way of stopping him and that he could almost always duck under the big hit.  He had a knack for preserving himself and that's how he was able to handle such a ridiculously big workload for Stanford.  Same deal for LeBron.

Folks automatically link PEDs to getting huge...like Barry Bonds.  In actuality, a lot of PEDs help with the recovery process.  You playing upwards of 100 games in a season (pre-season/playoffs included,) I don't care who you are, you're going to be feeling aches and pains.  To get over that hump, there's always going to be someone out there looking for an edge. 

Can't tell me that blood-spinning procedure Kobe did in Germany wasn't funny...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Folks automatically link PEDs to getting huge...like Barry Bonds.  In actuality, a lot of PEDs help with the recovery process.  You playing upwards of 100 games in a season (pre-season/playoffs included,) I don't care who you are, you're going to be feeling aches and pains.  To get over that hump, there's always going to be someone out there looking for an edge. 

Yep. PEDs aren't about getting bigger/stronger, they're about increasing recovery times.

I don't think Lebron is on them though. He's just a genetic freak. A once in a lifetime type athlete.

23 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

exactly.

Lebron never gets injured, and this season played the most minutes in the NBA per game.

I think Lebron is on PEDs, but I also don't care because the man continues to entertain for me and put up high level numbers. I am okay with it, lol.

I think he is on, but I honestly wish all sports leagues took a harder look at it. I have no problem with the type of PED's that help aid in recovery, especially football, where I seriously don't know how one could even function without it, especially with all these stupid Thursday night games.

• Like 2

I just don't see how he could have gotten away with it for all these years.  He would need a supply chain and there will always be weak links and people with agendas.  LeBron is the most famous athlete in the world.  Also, it'd be a bad business decision to use PEDs and he's a smart business man.  The potential risk of getting caught isn't at all worth the reward.

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I just don't see how he could have gotten away with it for all these years.  He would need a supply chain and there will always be weak links and people with agendas.  LeBron is the most famous athlete in the world.  Also, it'd be a bad business decision to use PEDs and he's a smart business man.  The potential risk of getting caught isn't at all worth the reward.

People said the same thing about Lance Armstrong. End of the day, the desire to be the best outweighs all

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

People said the same thing about Lance Armstrong. End of the day, the desire to be the best outweighs all

Lance did get caught though, and it ruined him.  I just can't see LeBron taking a chance like that.  Especially since he doesn't need PEDs.  He'd still be the best player whether he plays 68 games and 2400 minutes in a season or 78 and 2800.

Also I think LeBron's longevity has a natural explanation in that he lost weight and moved back out to the wing once he returned to Cleveland.  He stopped going all out on defense.  He started taking these breaks during the middle of the season where all he does is rest.  I bet he doesn't practice during the season all that much any more.  And truth be told, 2794 minutes isn't all that crazy.  It's a high per game number but not a high total number.  When Kareem was 32 he played over 3100 minutes.

Also, I don't think LeBron smokes or drinks.  You used to hear stories of Jordan smoking and partying, you never really hear that about LeBron.  He's been a married man with kids his whole career, I think he's much more of a homebody than your typical NBA star.  He takes care of himself.

Finally, extreme longevity is not unprecedented for great NBA players.  Jordan performed at a very high level deep into his 30's and I doubt he took great care of himself plus he had a serious leg injury in his history.  Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Karl Malone also played for a million years at extraordinarily high levels, and they didn't miss games like LeBron does.  Kareem was also playing in an era where the sports medical science wasn't nearly as good, and things like the courts and shoes and travel accommodations sucked.

Some of these great players are just genetic marvels, I think LeBron is one of them.

41 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Lebron also got away with taking a 2-week mid-season hiatus to Miami in 2015 to "rehab." 

7aac93912f876be343ff423add1ac876.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Lance did get caught though, and it ruined him.  I just can't see LeBron taking a chance like that.  Especially since he doesn't need PEDs.  He'd still be the best player whether he plays 68 games and 2400 minutes in a season or 78 and 2800.

Also I think LeBron's longevity has a natural explanation in that he lost weight and moved back out to the wing once he returned to Cleveland.  He stopped going all out on defense.  He started taking these breaks during the middle of the season where all he does is rest.  I bet he doesn't practice during the season all that much any more.  And truth be told, 2794 minutes isn't all that crazy.  It's a high per game number but not a high total number.  When Kareem was 32 he played over 3100 minutes.

Also, I don't think LeBron smokes or drinks.  You used to hear stories of Jordan smoking and partying, you never really hear that about LeBron.  He's been a married man with kids his whole career, I think he's much more of a homebody than your typical NBA star.  He takes care of himself.

Finally, extreme longevity is not unprecedented for great NBA players.  Jordan performed at a very high level deep into his 30's and I doubt he took great care of himself plus he had a serious leg injury in his history.  Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Karl Malone also played for a million years at extraordinarily high levels, and they didn't miss games like LeBron does.  Kareem was also playing in an era where the sports medical science wasn't nearly as good, and things like the courts and shoes and travel accommodations sucked.

Some of these great players are just genetic marvels, I think LeBron is one of them.

All good points. I remember the first time i saw him play live in '03 Summer league, and he was a freakshow then  Some guys can take physical trauma better than others.

But 7 (soon to be) straight Finals, a decade plus of continuous postseason play, to Olympic tours, and he still has the speed of an elite rb, and can still jump out of the gym. 

Jordan at least had two retirements. Im just saying....

I grant you all that no one is above suspicion, and I'm not really a huge fan of LeBron, but damn, you guys are harsh.  If it came out that LeBron was using PEDs, that would destroy his legacy.  This is a guy who I could see as either the owner of the Cavs or the Governor of Ohio in 20 years.  Or both.  Seriously.  But instead of that kind of future, both he and the NBA would be disgraced.  That's the kind of scandal that could burst the TV money bubble and lower the value of franchises around the league.