Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

56 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I grant you all that no one is above suspicion, and I'm not really a huge fan of LeBron, but damn, you guys are harsh.  If it came out that LeBron was using PEDs, that would destroy his legacy.  This is a guy who I could see as either the owner of the Cavs or the Governor of Ohio in 20 years.  Or both.  Seriously.  But instead of that kind of future, both he and the NBA would be disgraced.  That's the kind of scandal that could burst the TV money bubble and lower the value of franchises around the league.

not for me.

I really don't care if he uses anything

I just think it is hard to expect players not to with the grind of an NBA schedule.

I do think in terms of Lebron's playoff performance, he did have like a 10 day break between the 1st and 2nd series.  That allows for a lot of recovery, and I think he understands that and then the sweeps take on a significance to him that they don't necessarily to younger/more inexperienced teams/players.  He was able to come out strong and go hard because against Toronto because he had the big break to rest up before the Toronto series and he knew if he did and they swept Toronto, he'd get another long break before the next series to rest up.

Whether Washington or Boston comes out of that series, I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron looks fresher than their stars because he's gotten the extended breaks he has in between the series.

I think he rests during the regular season now by just not playing much defense.  I don't think Lebron pushes to play much D during the season or Lue pushed the Cavs to play much D.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

I want to point out that every year we have people talking about how great super teams are for sport.  Listen to the talk surrounding these playoffs where most games are non competitive and tell me how everyone is feeling about it as it happens?  Everyone is just waiting for the finals because the playoffs seem like a formality.  

Super teams are much more fun to remember than they are to actually watch.  

• Like 3

Yeah this playoffs has been terrible.

The Finals will likely be mildly entertaining, at least. Too bad this isn't a movie, then we could just make a 3 minute montage with some 80s music, showing all the Cleveland/GS beatdowns

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I know I'm late, but I don't think Lebron is on anything. I just so happened to catch one of his Miami highlights last week. He was moving so fast and jumping so high, it was unbelievable. Now, he's been more cerebral than anything. Same thing happened with Jordan (And a lot of other players.) They all rely on their athleticism, but when they get older, their knowledge takes over.

Oh yeah, these playoffs have been lackluster, but I'll take it over the NCAA tournament any day.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I know I'm late, but I don't think Lebron is on anything. I just so happened to catch one of his Miami highlights last week. He was moving so fast and jumping so high, it was unbelievable. Now, he's been more cerebral than anything. Same thing happened with Jordan (And a lot of other players.) They all rely on their athleticism, but when they get older, their knowledge takes over.

Oh yeah, these playoffs have been lackluster, but I'll take it over the NCAA tournament any day.

Agree, also, why the name change?

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Agree, also, why the name change?

I got tired MLSKINS. I actually wanted to change it a couple of years ago, but I wasn't posting much on here.

Now that I'm almost back (I can post a little more lol) I got irritated again.

Why CrypticVillan? It's what I am.

• Like 1