Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I can't even be a heel. Everyone knows the Warriors will win. 

tumblr_liqktawnmx1qadluio1_500.gif

So your job is to deprive them of the hope that they can even die an honorable death by giving maximum effort.... To deprive them of the mindset that life itself is even worth living.

• Like 2

A moment to appreciate the best player thus far in the playoffs .... Kawhi Leonard. Right now his PER is 33.3 .... 33.3

More ridiculous, his win shares per 48 minutes – .349 and a VORP of 1.3 in just 10 games.

He has been playing out of his ****ing mind and it is going criminally under-appreciated.

Nobody thought he could be this dominant offensively while also being asked to be the best defender. He's been the best player of the postseason, period.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Nobody thought he could be this dominant offensively while also being asked to be the best defender. He's been the best player of the postseason, period.

We can't say that definitively because Lebron has dominated and his team is 8-0. Also, Wall should be in the conversation as well.

I agree that Kawhi is playing the best on both ends, but he's 1a to me instead of a clear cut number one.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

We can't say that definitively because Lebron has dominated and his team is 8-0. Also, Wall should be in the conversation as well.

I agree that Kawhi is playing the best on both ends, but he's 1a to me instead of a clear cut number one.

The advanced metrics don't lie. LeBron is at a 31 PER in the playoffs with a WS/48 of 0.294 and a VORP of 1.1. Amazing, but not as dominant as Kawhi.

Data >>>> Narratives 

• Like 1

Just now, DM72 said:

Kawhi isn't no 1a. He "might" be 2. It's LeBron and everybody else.

LeBron does not typically have to bother with defense. He does play D, so do not twist my words. 

Someone does have to deal with KL on both ends of the court. 

I agree with ML, 1A. 

LeBron doesn't get routed twice by Houston.

Kawhi's really good, but LeBron is on another level. By saying he's 1a is saying that he's right there with LeBron. I don't see that.

Edited by DM72

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

LeBron doesn't get routed twice by Houston.

Kawhi's really good, but LeBron is on another level.

What does that even mean? Again, lame narratives like "MJ had the will to win and that's why he won" ...

Houston is an explosive team, and if they're hitting their 3's, they can route any team on any given night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

What does that even mean? Again, lame narratives like "MJ had the will to win and that's why he won" ...

Houston is an explosive team, and if they're hitting their 3's, they can route any team on any given night.

I guess Memphis was explosive too. LeBron is one of the greatest players of all time and is playing at an extremely high level. Kawhi is not on that level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

I guess Memphis was explosive too. LeBron is one of the greatest players of all time and is playing at an extremely high level. Kawhi is not on that level.

Yes, you're right. But the same data which shows that LeBron is one of the top 5 players ever, also says Kawhi's performance this postseason has been second to none. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

People sleep on how talented that old Spurs team actually is. 

I think they're more talented than people think but they are a one-star team. At this stage of his career, you cannot rely on Lamarcus Aldridge to just get you buckets every single night. He'll have his big nights a couple times a series but he isn't going to take you anywhere on his back. 

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He shouldn't have said Lebron but you see what he meant.

His praise for Lebron was on 100 yesterday....had a presser where he was fawning over the guy being 32, having so much wear/tear on his body, but still getting faster/better as the years go on.  Unless what he was getting at was code for being on that Roger Clemens...hahahahhaa