Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

sloppy but highly entertaining finish so far.  No Leonard for the Spurs and MVP candidate Harden is falling apart in over time.  Doubt anyone would have predicted that.  

Maybe Harden can tie the game with a big shot and redeem himself 

• Like 1

Harden is overrated. When he isn't hitting 3s or getting bailed out by the refs he doesn't really contribute. Those possessions by the Rockets in OT were awful and that's largely because Harden isn't really a pure PG, he's a SG playing PG in a wacky offensive system. He can't beat you in other ways.

I'd take Wall over Harden. No homerism.

• Like 3

Many ways to skin a cat.  Styles of play at the PG position are as varied as they are at the PF position.  You wouldn't say one of Dirk or Charles Barkley or Karl Malone are not PFs despite the fact they all played so differently.  Harden is a strange kind of PG, but he's a PG now nonetheless.

Magic Johnson is basically the greatest PG ever despite the fact he was a natural forward who is nothing like any of the other PGs who have ever played the game.

That said, Harden would not be my choice for MVP.  I don't think he's as deserving as Kawhi.  I think the only way this vote doesn't end up looking bad in 5 years is if you vote for Kawhi or LeBron.  Nobody will have an issue with giving it to a dominant two way player who is a formal Finals MVP and who put up Kawhi's numbers on a team with the second best record in the league, even if they lose to the Rockets this round.  And no one will have issue with giving it to LeBron, who had a fantastic season and is the greatest player of his era by far.  That's it.  Anyone else and it will end up being like one of those years where they gave it to Steve Nash.

If they held the voting today, LeBron would win it going away.  He's definitely who I would vote for.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

When the Spurs played the Heat in the finals, my buddies and I had a drinking game where we took a shot every time Ginobili did something amazing. We blacked out. 

He's one of those players that will be less appreciated over time because his numbers aren't spectacular, and that's a shame.  He made a living making crazy plays on a team know for it's fundamentals and disciplined play. 

Back before he transformed into a dad that could dunk lol: 

IUsS8BX.png

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Harden is overrated. When he isn't hitting 3s or getting bailed out by the refs he doesn't really contribute. Those possessions by the Rockets in OT were awful and that's largely because Harden isn't really a pure PG, he's a SG playing PG in a wacky offensive system. He can't beat you in other ways.

I'd take Wall over Harden. No homerism.

While I would take Wall over Harden, you can't say Wall would do better on last possessions (what he is being judged on right now). We have routinely looked bad on late game plays. ( Wall/Beal holds the ball til 8 seconds, fumbles a bit and throws up a prayer). Dame, Irving, Lebron, Johnson, Marc Gasol, and .... Waiters however have the innate ability to win the game on clutch shots. The list isn't huge, no I don't think Harden should be judged solely on that. He had a great, albeit ft filled season. 

33 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

While I would take Wall over Harden, you can't say Wall would do better on last possessions (what he is being judged on right now). We have routinely looked bad on late game plays. ( Wall/Beal holds the ball til 8 seconds, fumbles a bit and throws up a prayer). Dame, Irving, Lebron, Johnson, Marc Gasol, and .... Waiters however have the innate ability to win the game on clutch shots. The list isn't huge, no I don't think Harden should be judged solely on that. He had a great, albeit ft filled season. 

True, but that's just one possession. The Rockets entire offense in OT stalled. That falls on Harden.