Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't blame Curry for being emotional about this one.

So many excuses for why he doesn't deserve flowers for his rings because of other players, like Durant making them overpowered.

Dude went straight Thanos in this series, give that man Finals MVP already.

And he's right, bad as they were jus so recently, that was a helluva reality check, possible end to their dynasty, jus like that.  He was clearly the best player in the floor, knew it, and let it be known how bad he wanted another ring despite already having three.

Players talk about this all the time, the players where it's never good enough.  He's one of them, clearly.

Edited by Renegade7

Their defense was awesome tonight.  Looked like they really settled in during the fourth and started making good choices on offense and Curry took the game back over during crunch time.  Felt like Draymond's best game of the series too.  Lots of spectacular defensive plays.

Felt good to see Wiggins find his niche with this team.  The way these guys all put the system and the team above themselves reminds me more of an NFL team than an NBA team.  It's rare and it's exactly the kind of place where guys like Wiggins can find a home and play winning ball.

This championship run was a testament to Curry's greatness.  He got the final piece of hardware to complete his trophy case and cement his HoF legacy.  I think this was one of the greatest achievements a guard has ever accomplished, and Curry is going to go down as the second greatest player of his era instead of Durant.

6 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Their defense was awesome tonight.  Looked like they really settled in during the fourth and started making good choices on offense and Curry took the game back over during crunch time.  Felt like Draymond's best game of the series too.  Lots of spectacular defensive plays.

Felt good to see Wiggins find his niche with this team.  The way these guys all put the system and the team above themselves reminds me more of an NFL team than an NBA team.  It's rare and it's exactly the kind of place where guys like Wiggins can find a home and play winning ball.

This championship run was a testament to Curry's greatness.  He got the final piece of hardware to complete his trophy case and cement his HoF legacy.  I think this was one of the greatest achievements a guard has ever accomplished, and Curry is going to go down as the second greatest player of his era instead of Durant.

Curry has always been better than Durant. Durant is a better 1 on 1 player but these games aren’t played 1 v 1. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Curry has always been better than Durant. Durant is a better 1 on 1 player but these games aren’t played 1 v 1. 

He's a far better leader and teammate no doubt.  And he has accomplished far more than Durant in legacy achievements like rings and MVPs.  But I'm not sure if he's a better player in a vacuum because Durant is such a better defensive player than him while being an equal threat to win the scoring title.  That's the reason he won those Finals MVPs over Curry.

Still no way I would take Durant over Curry if I could choose between the two because leadership and culture are so important.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He's a far better leader and teammate no doubt.  And he has accomplished far more than Durant in legacy achievements like rings and MVPs.  But I'm not sure if he's a better player in a vacuum because Durant is such a better defensive player than him while being an equal threat to win the scoring title.  That's the reason he won those Finals MVPs over Curry.

Still no way I would take Durant over Curry if I could choose between the two because leadership and culture are so important.

Durant isn’t the playmaker Curry is or the off the ball player Curry is. Look what the Celtics did to Durant. Throwing doubles. A better playmaker makes them pay aka LeBron or Curry. 

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It'll be interesting if they try to move Wiggins in the off-season. Not sure how they can now...

No way. He earned that super max and more. The defense he played was amazing. While I think Tatum is overrated he is still really good. Wiggins destroyed him. 

• Like 1

Tatum is still three or four years away from hitting his prime.  This was a key learning experience for him--experience that his peers like Luka and Morant haven't gotten yet.  There is going to be a point where those three guys are the best players in the league, and he will have an advantage over them.

8 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Wasnt too long ago where it felt like Wiggins was a stopgap while Klay was down, just there to be traded later.

8 hours ago, Going Commando said:

This championship run was a testament to Curry's greatness.  He got the final piece of hardware to complete his trophy case and cement his HoF legacy.  I think this was one of the greatest achievements a guard has ever accomplished, and Curry is going to go down as the second greatest player of his era instead of Durant.

LeBron is in the same era as Curry and Durant though.  

I think his HoF legacy was cemented already.  I never got this notion that his legacy was lacking something.  Was he not one of the greats before today?  His resume was fine as it was, he didnt need to do anything else.

Edited by justice98

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

No way. He earned that super max and more. The defense he played was amazing. While I think Tatum is overrated he is still really good. Wiggins destroyed him. 

Supermax??  Hell no. That's insane. The supermax should be reserved for the best of the best.  All-NBA first or second team, MVP caliber players.  You started handing it out to guys like Wiggins, you start thinking of how you can get out of the deal. Is he a #1 alpha on a contender?  A guy you build a team around?