Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Simmons needs a change of scenery. If he is gonna get it together it won't happen in Philly. That city will eat him up. He needs to hide away in a small market team or some place like San Antonio with a coach that can break him down and build him back up. Maybe something like Derozan for SImmons(have no idea if that lines up salary wise or if either team would even want that).

Doc just hung him out to dry in the postgame.  “Needs to get in the gym”.  Second time this week I’ve heard his work ethic question.

• Like 1

Wow. Doc Rivers just threw Ben Simmons under the bus. 

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Doc just hung him out to dry in the postgame.  “Needs to get in the gym”.  Second time this week I’ve heard his work ethic question.

Said he didn't know if Simmons could lead them to a championship. That's really gonna help Simmons' mindset. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Wow. Doc Rivers just threw Ben Simmons under the bus. 

Said he didn't know if Simmons could lead them to a championship. That's really gonna help Simmons' mindset. 

I saw it, that was brutal "idk", tnt crew going in on Simmons. if this was nfl, he'd be cut.

10 hours ago, Destino said:

I think it’s just fear and lack of confidence for Ben.  Stemming from his sudden struggles at the free throw line.  There was another 76er that had the yips, and that was Fultz.  He literally couldn’t get his arms to do what he’d done all his basketball career.  It’s like his body forgot how to shoot.  That was truly bizarre.

I think they have to trade him now.  I can’t imagine Embiid is happy to have his costar sit in the dunkers spot all game crowding the paint doing nothing.  Ben Simmons embarrassed himself tonight in a way rarely seen by star players.  

Interestingly, they both choose to go to colleges with bad programs where there was no pressure to win and when their teams didn't even make the tournament everybody shrugged and said well the rest of the team was that bad.  But with 20/20 hindsight, it makes you wonder if it was an indication of lacking a certain degree of mental toughness that's now been exposed with the pressure of being a star in the NBA.

(I said years ago they should trade Simmons.  I'll go the other way now, if his value is as low as people think and they have to attach assets to get rid of him, they should not trade him.  Trading him does not get them under the salary cap where they'd be able to sign anybody else that is even comparable, and they badly need a quality two way guard (somebody that can create, shoot, and play defense).  Attaching assets to get rid of Ben diminishes what you have to get that player.

People seem to love Morey, but from my perspective, all he's done is trade away assets to build a team that isn't really a better playoff team.)

Like I said a few days ago, it's buy low time on Ben Simmons.  He played poorly in a visible playoff series, as have many other big contract players this postseason btw.  He's getting publicly scapegoated by his organization, which is led by two egotistical mediocrities who are huge self promoters and who are going to be desperate to protect their reputations.  His q rating is at an all time low.  Now is the time for a savvy team to pounce and pick him up for ten cents on the dollar and get a reeling team to accept an irrational offer.

I say yes to Westbrook for Simmons from the Wizards end.  But first I try to get them to throw in Thybulle too.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

Interestingly, they both choose to go to colleges with bad programs where there was no pressure to win and when their teams didn't even make the tournament everybody shrugged and said well the rest of the team was that bad.  But with 20/20 hindsight, it makes you wonder if it was an indication of lacking a certain degree of mental toughness that's now been exposed with the pressure of being a star in the NBA.

This is a super bizarre take. So if a player goes to a team that you deem had no pressure to win they probably are lacking mental toughness. Seriously, all time bad take. 

Edited by Hersh

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This is a super bizarre take. So if a player goes to a team that you deem had no pressure to win they probably are lacking mental toughness. Seriously, all time bad take. 

I wouldn't say that every player that goes to a not very good college team and there is little pressure to win is lacking mental toughness.  Clearly, there were very little pressure at Davidson to win and Steph Curry is a mentally tough enough to be a very successful NBA player.  I wouldn't even say that with any certainty for the Fultz and Simmons.  I said it makes you wonder if there is/was a connection.  Not that there is a connection.

But that you have two people that were pretty highly touted prep stars that could have gone to schools with competitive programs, that went places where there wasn't much pressure to win, and have now failed at a basic basketball skill (shooting) makes we wonder if the two things aren't connected.

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

I wouldn't say that every player that goes to a not very good college team and there is little pressure to win is lacking mental toughness.  Clearly, there were very little pressure at Davidson to win and Steph Curry is a mentally tough enough to be a very successful NBA player.  I wouldn't even say that with any certainty for the Fultz and Simmons.  I said it makes you wonder if there is/was a connection.  Not that there is a connection.

But that you have two people that were pretty highly touted prep stars that could have gone to schools with competitive programs, that went places where there wasn't much pressure to win, and have now failed at a basic basketball skill (shooting) makes we wonder if the two things aren't connected.

Why do you think a school like LSU, who has success in a lot of sports programs, doesn't have pressure to win? That aside, these guys had pressure no matter what because they were highly touted prospects. That pressure doesn't go away based on where you go to school. 

On 6/21/2021 at 11:02 AM, Hersh said:

Why do you think a school like LSU, who has success in a lot of sports programs, doesn't have pressure to win? That aside, these guys had pressure no matter what because they were highly touted prospects. That pressure doesn't go away based on where you go to school. 

Can we agree there are different amounts and types of pressure?

That the pressure of being a high school prep star is not the same as playing deep into the NCAA tournament?

The Buck’s coach makes some terrible decisions. You have a guy who is maybe the 6th option and who is having a bad shooting night take the biggest shot of the game? That’s a fireable offense 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hawks are just better coached.  

100%