Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

31 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Coach saving game?

Yes. Those plays at the end of regulation where the Bucks were coming out of time outs were awful. I get there wasn't much time on the clock but you still gotta do better. 

57 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Nets would have won had they not been decimated by injuries.

Health is an vital part of success in any sport. And luck too. And good ref calls. And an easier schedule, division or playoff path. And more home games.

Edited by Die Hard

Harden getting so little criticism for being a fat useless piece of **** this season is incredible to me.  He doesn't have a stack of rings for his reputation to coast on. If he'd spent any effort whatsoever getting ready for this season, that team wins the title, but he couldn't even Shaq his way into shape by April.

The Nets built a ten deep roster of homegrown try hard quality, leveraged that into the most talented big three currently assembled in the league--plus the full compliment of ring chasing rotation vets and young holdovers, and still came down to one great player trying to carry them by himself in the postseason.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Not at all. MVP is a regular season award. 

Should be going to the best players.  Neither of those two are even top five players in their own eras.  The best players in the league over that time have been LeBron, Giannis, Durant, Kawhi, and Curry for most of the decade and they should have pretty much split the MVP between them every year.  There is a huge gap between them and Harden/Westbrook.

CP3 should have snuck an MVP in somewhere in his career, he's going to retire as a top five PG all time, Westbrook definitely isn't in that conversation.

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

I'm all-in on the Suns bandwagon. So fun to watch.

Me too.  It's incredible what they've grown into since the bubble.

The Clippers feel kind of like a championship team though.  They've got someone different constantly stepping up for them and just won't die.  And Kawhi is scary in any big game where he plays.

It does feel like this series is the real Finals though.  The team that makes it out of the East will be flawed.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Should be going to the best players.  Neither of those two are even top five players in their own eras.  The best players in the league over that time have been LeBron, Giannis, Durant, Kawhi, and Curry for most of the decade and they should have pretty much split the MVP between them every year.  There is a huge gap between them and Harden/Westbrook.

CP3 should have snuck an MVP in somewhere in his career, he's going to retire as a top five PG all time, Westbrook definitely isn't in that conversation.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work that way.  If it did, it should be called “best player award” instead of most valuable player.  I hate Harden, and I think he’s a fat, flopping piece of **** like everyone else, but if you’re team is a lottery team without you, you deserve to be an MVP candidate.  Besides, most players would trade regular season MVP awards for Finals MVP’s anyday.