Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Stan Van Gundy made a great point on LeBatard's show last week. The NBA is in a position where they have two coaches who simply cannot be attacked from any angle on this issue.

Pop is one of the most successful coaches ever. Kerr has a had probably the most impressive three year stretch ever. So, you can't attack them for not being winners or leaders or for being distractions or whatever.

Moreover, there is no soft point on them as people. Pop is an Air Force Academy grad. Kerr lost his father in the service of the nation. Both have made sacrifices that basically make them immune to criticism on their patriotism.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I read that the only way he doesn't get 148 million is if they waive him.  And that probably means eating a huge chunk of money.  They jumped the gun on signing him.  Should have at least waited to see if he could make it through most of this season.

they didnt want him to reach offer sheet zone

Big risk though.

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’m starting to get amped up for the season.

Anxious to see if Kyrie can be the superstar he thinks he is/wants to be. 

And I think Tatum is going to be for real.

with all t he crap going on in this country, the NBA is probably my only refuge. I got League Pass for my roku, so Im ready.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:
If i could guarantee one athlete perfect health, it would probably be him.  I want to see his final form

Agreed.  He's barely played and looks like a world beater.  Imagine what he'd look like with experience and a much improved game.  I hope he stays healthy because I'd love to see a truly dominant center in the league.  

On 10/10/2017 at 2:02 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

they didnt want him to reach offer sheet zone

Big risk though.

with all t he crap going on in this country, the NBA is probably my only refuge. I got League Pass for my roku, so Im ready.

How much is league Pass anyway? 

11 hours ago, DM72 said:

IF Embiid can stay healthy, he's gonna be special. 

He can be as good as he wants to be, but the league is still dominated by wing players.  As good as KAT, Boogie, and Davis are, their teams cant bust a grape.  

Centers like him can fill a stat sheet nicely, but they arent that impactful in the current NBA. The best center on the top 4 seeds in the East and West last year was DeAndre Jordan.

The best player on a championship team hasnt been the center since Duncan a decade ago. The Sixers need one of their wings to be the real deal more than Embiid.

Side note: I saw a note that Embiid hasnt played an NBA game without a minutes restriction.

Edited by justice98

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

He can be as good as he wants to be, but the league is still dominated by wing players.  As good as KAT, Boogie, and Davis are, their teams cant bust a grape.  

Centers like him can fill a stat sheet nicely, but they arent that impactful in the current NBA. The best center on the top 4 seeds in the East and West last year was DeAndre Jordan.

The best player on a championship team hasnt been the center since Duncan a decade ago. The Sixers need one of their wings to be the real deal more than Embiid.

Side note: I saw a note that Embiid hasnt played an NBA game without a minutes restriction.

The league ebbs and flows and I have to think that the at some point, the inside game is going to be important again (I don't ever think the intermediate game will matter though except for a few special guys).

How it will be important and who will be involved are open-ended questions of course.

19 hours ago, Destino said:

Is this the year the TWolves make the leap?  They've got the talent.

I expect them to be a playoff team, but in terms of something to keep both eyes on, Wiggins may be another year away at least. Who knows. I thought they'd make this leap last year but nada so far.

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wiggins isn't a bust but he's pretty...meh. I guess disappointing is the best way to describe him.

Wiggins is only 22 though.  Took Bradley Beal 5 years to really break out of meh territory.  And he's 23.  We have to remember these guys are just crazy young.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wiggins isn't a bust but he's pretty...meh. I guess disappointing is the best way to describe him.

He's 22 avaerging over 20 points per game.  Young teams don't win in this league.  Him and KAT both are stuffing a stat sheet already, but their team was too young.  Stats look good first, but putting it all together and winning takes longer.  Adding a vet like Butler will help them.  

He's doesn't look like an MVP kind of player, but the numbers suggest he's a star.  

16 hours ago, Destino said:

He's 22 avaerging over 20 points per game.  Young teams don't win in this league.  Him and KAT both are stuffing a stat sheet already, but their team was too young.  Stats look good first, but putting it all together and winning takes longer.  Adding a vet like Butler will help them.  

He's doesn't look like an MVP kind of player, but the numbers suggest he's a star.  

If you have KAT at 21 and Wiggins at 22, you gotta feel really good about your future.  

On 10/12/2017 at 9:43 AM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The league ebbs and flows and I have to think that the at some point, the inside game is going to be important again (I don't ever think the intermediate game will matter though except for a few special guys).

How it will be important and who will be involved are open-ended questions of course.

The inside game will come back. 

What's not coming back is the old school slow as molasses inside game of relatively clumsy gigantic players who only were effective posting up because the illegal defense rules of the past meant they didn't have to worry about surprise double teams, or people cheating in the passing lane.  Most of the big guys in the past, even the skilled ones, were mechanical, with carefully scripted moves that only worked because they only had a defender on the inside, between them and the basket.  And you need to have a variety of places you can score from now, because teams today scout tendencies much more scientifically and if you are predictable, guys like Kawhi are going to strip the ball five times in a row. 

The inside game is still there, you just have to be more versatile to take advantage of it.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 1:34 PM, Destino said:

Wiggins averages 20 because he was penciled into the lineup every day as the volume scorer on a mediocre team, and allowed to put up as many shots as he wants.   Didn't matter if he shoots below league average (he does), didn't matter if he created for others on (he doesn't), didn't matter if he played no defense and didn't crash the boards (he doesn't do that either).   Wiggins may be a star someday, but right now he isn't even a good starter level player, much less a star.

Now KAT - that's another story entirely.   He's already a star and is only going to get better.

Edited by Predicto