Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I always start at 1980. That seems about the time when parity went out the window. 9, including the 1983 76ers. Nine in 35 years. I'll have some stats at a later time to piggy back off this. I was holding on to them until the offseason.

Here's another stat:

Since 1999,so 15 years, 1 of 3 teams has been in every single finals (Lakers, Spurs, Heat)

So I follow the Bulls heavily. A lot of people root for the Bulls because they're the plucky underdogs that don't give up.

I appreciate the breakdown on the Bulls and the kind words on our Wizards but I gotta call bull**** on this. People root for and follow the Bulls for one reason: Jordan. Simple as that. I mean I give them credit for sticking with them (though I don't recall seeing too much Bulls gear when they were drafting Marcus Fizer #3 overall) but let's be real, that fanbase, outside of Chicago, doesn't exist because Joakim Noah hustles hard

Here's another stat:

Since 1999,so 15 years, 1 of 3 teams has been in every single finals (Lakers, Spurs, Heat)

That's nuts. Everyone thinks baseball is bad, but wow the NBA is worse.

Seems like they could be headed in the right direction though. The East is as wide open as any conference in any sport. The West still runs through the Spurs but the Thunder, Clippers and Rockets could easily come out of there too.

Think the NBA needs some parity. People get tired of seeing the same few teams winning over and over again.

Edited by MattFancy

If I was any team in the NBA, and it was clear to me that Cleveland wanted to make a move to strengthen their team into a championship contender, I would gladly walk away from any trade negotiations they may present, regardless of how juicy their offer may be.

But that's just me.

I used to enjoy football way more than I do now.

Yeah I'll agree, Ernie is a 50/50 GM. Ted's probably a 50/50 owner. And I will absolutely take that over everything the Redskins have been the past 15 years.

Fair enough for most of your post.  I didn't care for the "loathesome" thing.  Snyder is our owner and unless he's strangling puppies, it's just a football game that I think people take too seriously.  A lot of us weren't around in the 50s and 60s when the team was even worse than it is now, but fans (my Mom was one of them as was most of my family) stuck with the team no matter what. Too much hate for the man who owns our team.  I never hated Pollin and I don't hate Leonsis.  I don't hate Snyder.  I just wish they'd get their crap together and put out a good product. I get that fans are unhappy, what I don't get is the viotrol. I'm just as unhappy with most everything that Snyder and Leonsis have done.  I was unhappy with Pollin from 1985 until his death.  I've been unhappy as an Orioles fan with most everything that Angelos has done.  But, I still root for my teams.

Ernie has been surprising lately.  Who spiked his Wheaties!!??

If I was any team in the NBA, and it was clear to me that Cleveland wanted to make a move to strengthen their team into a championship contender, I would gladly walk away from any trade negotiations they may present, regardless of how juicy their offer may be.

But that's just me.

Why? Let's say you are Minnesota, would you rather trade Love to the West, the conference you are in, or to the East? If a GM in the West gets the best offer comes from Cleveland but takes some other offer out of not wanting to "help" Cleveland, the GM should be fired immediately.

Why? Let's say you are Minnesota, would you rather trade Love to the West, the conference you are in, or to the East? If a GM in the West gets the best offer comes from Cleveland but takes some other offer out of not wanting to "help" Cleveland, the GM should be fired immediately.

I'd rather hold on to him and pay him what he deserves. Unless he is absolutely dead-set on leaving.

I am going to sound stupid here, but I was stunned and amazed to read that Kevin Love is only 25. For some reason, I thought he and Lebron were about the same age. It seems like he has been playing for a decade.

I pulled up his player page the other day because I thought trading Wiggins for Love was trading the future for a guy with 4 years left. And I was wrong because like you say he's, unbelievably, only 25.

Only Bill Simmons could write a LeBron James column and talk about Michael Jordan and Larry Bird for the majority if it.

He tells a story with the wandering and rambling manner of an old drunk. I wouldn't be surprised if he was drinking or high when he wrote that. Edited by Destino

Flip is holding out for either CLE to offer Wiggins or GS to offer Klay.

Rockets have no chance unless they bring in a third team

If Flip gets Wiggins someone needs to get that kid a mental health exam and a life coach. Imagine the emotional whiplash of being draft by post-Lebron Cleveland and having to smile about it as if going to that wasteland was anything but a punishment for crimes unknown. Then suddenly the clouds break apart and Lebron brings back the hope and happiness. Anything is possible! What an amazing turn of events! ... Then life's sniper hits him with the news that he's been traded to basketball Siberia.

At that point we'd just have to assume he offended a witch doctor or something right?

• Like 1

If Flip gets Wiggins someone needs to get that kid a mental health exam and a life coach. Imagine the emotional whiplash of being draft by post-Lebron Cleveland and having to smile about it as if going to that wasteland was anything but a punishment for crimes unknown. Then suddenly the clouds break apart and Lebron brings back the hope and happiness. Anything is possible! What an amazing turn of events! ... Then life's sniper hits him with the news that he's been traded to basketball Siberia.

At that point we'd just have to assume he offended a witch doctor or something right?

Someone needs to correct me, but my guess is the holdup is the fact that Love can't sign an extension until next summer if Cleveland trades for him. Granted, if you can get the five year max and play with Lebron, you do that. But Cleveland could conceivably trade the #1 pick for a one-year rental of Love.

Otherwise, I don't know why Cleveland is gun-shy. The idea of Love throwing outlets to Lebron and Kyrie is almost erotic if you are a basketball fan. Wiggins may be great, but man......

He tells a story with the wandering and rambling manner of an old drunk. I wouldn't be surprised if he was drinking or high when he wrote that.

That column was dreadful. I think he really needs to just stop writing.

Right not with if the options are Waiters, Bennett and a 1st or Barnes, Lee and two 1st's. The Warriors offer is still better.

Not to say the offers haven't changed a little. But without at least Wiggins and a 2nd #1 instead of Bennett. The Cavs offer would be like Kwame Brown for Gasol.

I appreciate the breakdown on the Bulls and the kind words on our Wizards but I gotta call bull**** on this. People root for and follow the Bulls for one reason: Jordan. Simple as that. I mean I give them credit for sticking with them (though I don't recall seeing too much Bulls gear when they were drafting Marcus Fizer #3 overall) but let's be real, that fanbase, outside of Chicago, doesn't exist because Joakim Noah hustles hard

Bandwagon fans usually flee to a new "hot" team.  Michael Jordan's last year as a Bull was, what, 17 years ago?  Since then we've seen heavily bandwagon-ed teams, such as the Lakers during Kobe's prime, or the Heat for the past 4 years.

It seems like you're currently mad at the Bulls receiving some media attention, because they were at one point in time, a bandwagon destination.

Someone needs to correct me, but my guess is the holdup is the fact that Love can't sign an extension until next summer if Cleveland trades for him. Granted, if you can get the five year max and play with Lebron, you do that. But Cleveland could conceivably trade the #1 pick for a one-year rental of Love.

Otherwise, I don't know why Cleveland is gun-shy. The idea of Love throwing outlets to Lebron and Kyrie is almost erotic if you are a basketball fan. Wiggins may be great, but man......

That column was dreadful. I think he really needs to just stop writing.

Love can opt in to another year immediately which would guarantee at least two years in Cleveland. I can't imagine any team trading for him without a guarantee of some sort that he would sign an extension.

Bandwagon fans usually flee to a new "hot" team.  Michael Jordan's last year as a Bull was, what, 17 years ago?  Since then we've seen heavily bandwagon-ed teams, such as the Lakers during Kobe's prime, or the Heat for the past 4 years.

It seems like you're currently mad at the Bulls receiving some media attention, because they were at one point in time, a bandwagon destination.

I was put into a really different situation when I was growing up and getting into sports, specifically NBA basketball.  I grew up 2 hours outside of Charlotte, was born in 1975.  My entire family was UNC Tarheel fans, so I watched Jordan play in college for our favorite team for three years (through 1984).  My dad was a Celtics fan growing up.  

When Jordan got drafted by the Bulls in 1984, I became a Bulls fan, it was my first NBA team and my favorite player in the world, I had just turned 9 years old.  Four years later, the Hornets came about.  I went to games here and there, but I considered myself a Bulls fan first that wanted the Hornets to do well as they were the hometown/home state team.  I followed both teams.  Moved to Charlotte in 1995 for college, been here ever since.  After Jordan retired in 1998, it was easy for me to adopt the hometown team full-time.  

It's been the Hornets/Bobcats/Hornets ever since, with the exception of 2002 - 2004 when we didn't have a team.  I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan, then or now.  Now, when it comes to the Redskins, there is no way in hell I don't pull for them, regardless of the Panthers.  Football was and is my passion, but what was funny was my dad, uncle and cousin all jumped ship when the Panthers came to town, regardless of being die-hard Redskins fans.  

And that's fine, I don't consider them bandwagon fans because it is the home team.  More like traitors :D  

I would trade Dan Snyder for Jerry Richardson if I was from Charlotte too.

Yeah, Jerry Richardson is a great owner.  Hell, he's one of the main reasons my alma mater (UNCC) got a college football team.  He basically funded the stadium.  Only thing ****ty about it is they set it up like the Panthers and went the PSL route, which I despise.  But none the less, me and my dad still got season tickets.  

But yeah, still not jumping ship to the Panthers, it's Redskins for life.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Yeah, Jerry Richardson is a great owner. Hell, he's one of the main reasons my alma mater (UNCC) got a college football team. He basically funded the stadium. Only thing ****ty about it is they set it up like the Panthers and went the PSL route, which I despise. But none the less, me and my dad still got season tickets.

But yeah, still not jumping ship to the Panthers, it's Redskins for life.

Going to have to disagree, Taze. I don't think Jerry is a great owner by any stretch.

He's done some pretty ****ty things, like raise ticket prices the year after his team went 1-15. And his "rules" for fans at Bank of America are a joke. In turn, he's taken all the excitement out of attending games there. Also, I don't think he's ever gave any interviews on local radio here. I mean, I'm a very private guy myself. But I'm not the owner of an NFL franchise. You have to keep your fanbase more abreast of what's going on.

There was also some incident involving him during the lockout a few years back, that didn't paint a very good picture of him. Can't remember the specifics of that though.

With that said, it is a great thing that he did with the UNCC football program. I've never been to a game there, but you can tell on tv that it's a first class stadium. The PSL thing is stupid though. Didn't realize UNCC has that, too.

Edited by Bubble Screen