Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Wizards really have a straight shot to the conference finals...damn man.

They will bust ATL's asses in 4 or 5.

Let's not take anything as granted. Let's win one more against the Bulls before we even talk about winning one over Atlanta/Pacers. I am definitely pulling for the Hawks though.

Wizards really have a straight shot to the conference finals...damn man.

They will bust ATL's asses in 4 or 5. 

I posted about this in the Wizards thread, saying if the Wizards beat Chicago and get Atlanta in the second round, then our first round match up should be harder than the second one.

I posted about this in the Wizards thread, saying if the Wizards beat Chicago and get Atlanta in the second round, then our first round match up should be harder than the second one.

But why would you discredit the Hawks for knocking off the best team in the East (or 2nd best behind Miami, depending if you look at it beyond record alone).  If they can light up the Pacers, what makes you think they wouldn't light up the Wizards?  

Of course, you would rather the Hawks win, you have home court advantage.  But, they are playing extremely well right now.  I don't think they will go down as easy as one would think.  Plus, they still have to beat the Pacers anyhow.  

That was a bs call on Blair. It was obvious that he was reacting to the foul being called on him. He didn't purposely kick Splitter. Smh. It is what it is I guess.

That was a bs call on Blair. It was obvious that he was reacting to the foul being called on him. He didn't purposely kick Splitter. Smh. It is what it is I guess.

But why would you discredit the Hawks for knocking off the best team in the East (or 2nd best behind Miami, depending if you look at it beyond record alone).  If they can light up the Pacers, what makes you think they wouldn't light up the Wizards?  

Of course, you would rather the Hawks win, you have home court advantage.  But, they are playing extremely well right now.  I don't think they will go down as easy as one would think.  Plus, they still have to beat the Pacers anyhow.  

The Hawks aren't good.  They're beating a Pacers team that's in train wreck mode.  Indy is far from the best or second best team in the East right now.

Neither team scares me at all.  But the Hawks are what they are.  I wouldn't want to play Indy as much because of the chance that the lightbulb could come back on for them.  But I wouldn't care if they did win because I don't think there is anyway they can beat the Wizards playing like they have been the past two months.

• Like 1

Hibbert is reverting back to his Georgetown days, zeros almost completely across the board, ouch. Got to be real frustrating to be a Pacers fan right now. If they lose that series things are gonna look different next year.

Edited by skinsfan1523

I think Mark Cuban is right about Sterling.  Talk of taking his team away is way over the top.  I'm not even sure the NBA has any sort of leagal authority to do that.  The team is his property.  You can't just take away something like that because of the things he says.  Especially if he says them in his own home.

Suspend him for a while, force him to go into some sort of counseling or something, complete some courses.  He's already going to pay dearly with loss of sponsorship deals and an erosion of fan interest.  Goal should be to try and educate and reform anyway.

If the vendetta is against him being a sleazy slum lord, that's a whole different issue.  And not really the NBA's responsibility or purview to deal with.

I think Mark Cuban is right about Sterling.  Talk of taking his team away is way over the top.  I'm not even sure the NBA has any sort of leagal authority to do that.  The team is his property.  You can't just take away something like that because of the things he says.  Especially if he says them in his own home.

Suspend him for a while, force him to go into some sort of counseling or something, complete some courses.  He's already going to pay dearly with loss of sponsorship deals and an erosion of fan interest.  Goal should be to try and educate and reform anyway.

If the vendetta is against him being a sleazy slum lord, that's a whole different issue.  And not really the NBA's responsibility or purview to deal with.

Yeah I think Cuban is right too. Especially since this all came to light because of the girlfriend illegally recording the convo. I would imagine if the NBA tried to take away the team, Sterling would quickly sue the league and have a pretty good case.

Yeah I think Cuban is right too. Especially since this all came to light because of the girlfriend illegally recording the convo. I would imagine if the NBA tried to take away the team, Sterling would quickly sue the league and have a pretty good case.

Yep.  And it would seem to open them up to anti-trust issues in the process that could really get the league into some problems.  Sterling is a major asshole, but I don't see the league having a lot of punitive power to do anything about it.

Also, if those recordings were illegal, didn't that woman open herself up to some serious liability by making and releasing them?  And she did it all out of spite?

I doubt the league can just take the team away. But they can make life exceedingly uncomfortable for him. They have to treat this the same way you would if you started a company with five partners and one of them became impossible to deal with. The other four could buy him out, isolate him, etc.

I'm not sure why Sterling just doesn't sell the team and pocket the $600 million or so he would clear.

There needs to be an immediate ESPN 30 for 30 on this Pacers team. I want to know what the hell happened over the last three months. At this point, I can only assume that someone slept with someone's wife.

There needs to be an immediate ESPN 30 for 30 on this Pacers team. I want to know what the hell happened over the last three months. At this point, I can only assume that someone slept with someone's wife.

You could do 5 minutes alone showing cutaways of Larry Bird as he watches from the stands and the look of pain on his face. 

Bl9GmybIAAEX3Nn.jpg

BmBfw7-IEAEFger.jpg

23shqa9.jpg

49155073.jpg

With the way  Bobcat fans (all 8 of them) have been talking the last few days, you'd think losing in a sweep against the Heat would be their greatest accomplishment in team history. So I figured I'd take a second to say congrats:

I sure hope you at least got a chance to take a selfie in your (more than likely) faded Muggsy Bogues jersey (because lets be honest, who wears a Bobcats jersey in public?) to forever capture that moment when the clock hit 0:00. Moments like that are priceless.  :)

• Like 1

there will be some great articles written about them this summer, and I cannot wait.

Also, if those recordings were illegal, didn't that woman open herself up to some serious liability by making and releasing them?  And she did it all out of spite?

she claims the recordings were not illegal

https://www.tmz.com/2014/04/28/v-stiviano-donald-sterling-is-not-my-boyfriend/

Edited by JoeWolf990

And people wonder why nobody likes Heat fans...

And people wonder why I don't even know who you are..... 

Btw, I'm cool with most people on this board, and I hardly ever have problems with posters (, unless it comes to morons and trolls). I have a humorous side though. Very humorous. What I quoted was clearly trolling. Dumb trolling at that. Not even clever or original. And I responded, within the rules. Nothing personal, and although I was kind enough to in this instance, I don't really have to explain a damn thing to you, or anyone else, so lets get that straight.  :)

He dished it out.  No problem. Hopefully he can take it. I sure as hell can. I can laugh at a joke (at least one that isn't tired) no matter the subject. But on the flip side, I can also come right back at you. Some people don't like that. I don't really care. If people are sensitive about that then they can either joke/talk trash back or hold it in. But damn if I can't have a little fun every once in awhile, without people getting bent out of shape. I've been posting here regularly for 5 years, and I can guarantee you that there's been more **** flung my way (as a Heat fan) than vice versa. Yet the only time I get pissy is when people try to make dumb arguments that do nothing but stamp "Hater" on their forehead. Otherwise I don't really care.

Grab a kleenex

Mr. S has always been cool despite getting constant ridicule that rarely makes any sense or logic. I'd be way past dick mode if I were him

Yeah thats all i'm saying. I like having fun too. Y'all have known me long enough to know I wasn't going to let that **** slide as soon as I saw it lol.

• Like 1

I never thought Charlotte had much of a chance and honestly Smitty thinking they did was quite comical but you have no reason to defend the Heat.  They've been the best team in basketball for the last two seasons, going back after him is silly. 

With the way  Bobcat fans (all 8 of them) have been talking the last few days, you'd think losing in a sweep against the Heat would be their greatest accomplishment in team history. So I figured I'd take a second to say congrats:

I sure hope you at least got a chance to take a selfie in your (more than likely) faded Muggsy Bogues jersey (because lets be honest, who wears a Bobcats jersey in public?) to forever capture that moment when the clock hit 0:00. Moments like that are priceless.  :)

LOL, that was funny as ****.

The only Bobcat shirt I own was a freebie from the first home game in the new arena and it didnt even fit lol.   I was a Jordan/Bulls fan growing up, because we didn't have a team when he turned pro and my family and I are huge UNC basketball fans.  Hell, I didn't grow up in Charlotte (2 hours away) so I didn't feel like I owed the Hornets anything.  But, I did watch/attend their games and pulled for them when they weren't playing the Bulls.  

To be perfectly honest, once Jordan retired (the second time) and they blew up the team, I started to become dedicated to the Hornets and was willing to offer full support.  Then all the **** happened with Shinn and they moved the team.  When we got the Bobcats, I was happy to have the NBA back in town, no doubt, then Bob Johnson got cute and practically ruined getting any support for the team at all.

Now that Jordan owns the team, has hired a GM to run things, is willing to put money into contracts and we are changing back to the Hornets, it will be a lot easier to jump in and actually buy gear (jerseys, hats, etc.).  Sure, I pulled for the Bobcats, but I refused to buy gear because the product on the floor was horrible and there wasn't any indication until now that it would change.

And anyone (sorry Smitty), that thought the Bobcats would beat the Heat was delusional imo.  To force 5 or 6 games would be about the best I thought that team could do.  With a healthy Jefferson and a lot of luck on our side, that might have been possible, but we will never know.  Its over, Heat roll on, Cats go home.

I might be able to dig up and dust off my hornets t-shirt I had back in highschool that I got as a gift, but nobody wants to see me in that, trust me :D

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

The Hawks aren't good. They're beating a Pacers team that's in train wreck mode. Indy is far from the best or second best team in the East right now.

Neither team scares me at all. But the Hawks are what they are. I wouldn't want to play Indy as much because of the chance that the lightbulb could come back on for them. But I wouldn't care if they did win because I don't think there is anyway they can beat the Wizards playing like they have been the past two months.

Totally with you here. As big of a cluster**** as they've been, I want no part of the Pacers in the 2nd round. Just because of the what if

I never thought Charlotte had much of a chance and honestly Smitty thinking they did was quite comical but you have no reason to defend the Heat.  

I have every reason to "Defend" any team I root for (not that I'm even doing that here), if the situation calls for it. But I don't expect people to understand that when it comes to them in particular. I won't bother with explaining.

They've been the best team in basketball for the last two seasons, going back after him is silly. 

Irrelevant.

Has nothing to do with how good or bad either team is. It has everything to do with the poster, and what they're posting. And when it comes to playful banter, or legit **** talking, it really doesn't matter who has the better odds. Thats kind of the nature of trash talk.

Edited by Mr. Sinister