Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm not sure they make it past Denver without Durant.

Might not make it past Houston.  This is a toss up series now.  But having homecourt throughout the Western part of the bracket is a significant advantage.  Curry is going to have to power through his injuries and take over the scoring load though.

I was thinking about Harden's recurring issues in the postseason, and it got me thinking about the fact that Curry has the same issues too.  And then that got me thinking about who the real playoff studs are in the league, and the list is very short.  It's basically the genetic marvels like LeBron and Giannis who can get all of the way to the rim against any defense no matter what, and the mid range studs like Kawhi and Durant.

Do you remember when we had Randy Wittman how the Wizards offense would inexplicably thrive in the postseason despite being an underachieving, inefficient mess during the regular season?  They were super comfortable and habituated to scoring in the mid-range, and as a result, they gashed great defenses like those Indy and Chicago squads.  Playoff defenses really stifle threes and layups only offenses.  Pace of play slows and possessions get squeezed up so transition opportunities are diminished.  Back screening becomes less effective as switching becomes more precise and effort to fight through screens picks up tremendously.  Effort on close outs also picks up by an order of magnitude.  Mid range spots become the easiest real-estate to reach.  I think the reason Curry and Harden struggle in the postseason compared to the way they score in the regular season is because they don't have strong mid range games, plus their teams haven't built that into their offenses for them.

But back to the original point, if Durant is done, I think Milwaukee and Toronto become the two best teams in the field.  I think both of them could beat a GS team sans Durant, as well as anyone else in the Western field.

I still think the Dubs win the West, but without Durant I could see them potentially losing to the Bucks or Raptors. But to me they're still the favorites. Lets not forget how loaded the rest of their roster is and they have championship experience to boot.

13 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

TNT has been absolute **** on verizon fios for both games

Was wondering about this (I have Comcast). It was fine in my room, but I went downstairs and Ernie and co were doing postgame. Audio sounded like I was listening to them talk through a concrete wall, and at one moment,  the picture phases out and exposes some kind of weird graphic overhang that resembled an alien spaceship.

But then they cut to commercial and everything was fine. Weirdest thing I've ever seen

14 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wonder if the Warriors will be able to change their offense back to what it was pre-Durant on the fly.  They became super reliant on his iso scoring ability.

Also, if Durant is down for the playoffs, the door fully opens up for Milwaukee and Toronto.  Incredible.

I'm full on rooting for Milwaukee.  They are the team I wish the Wizards were.

They can. You saw it at the end of game 5.