Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yoda voice: Always ? Hater coming out from you. That is clear. 

Come with the numbers, which of those players besides Rodman (who is one of the best)...ever won without Kobe...Shaq won one ? Then looked like a scrub. 

It's like the Pippen thing...Pip won 6 rings too...How many did Jordan win without Pip ? 

Jordan's affect is pretty easy to measure.  The Bulls went from a team that won a championship to a team that lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs in consecutive years (the 2nd year he was actually on the team for the playoffs, but they were 31-31 without him so it isn't like they were cruising to playoff success without him and he clearly wasn't in basketball shape for the playoffs), back to a team that won the championship with him having a full season.

The flip of that is that Pippen goes to Houston and they are a team that lost in the first round of the playoffs and continue to lose in the first round.

Similar the next year in Portland where they lost in the conference finals before Pippen, and they get Pippen and still lose in the conference finals.

Edited by PeterMP

Can you imagine how much trash talking Gary Payton would have done to Lebron and how much Lebron would cry over it? Makes me wonder if they ever crossed over in their careers???

LeBron was at Cleveland from 2003-2010.  The Glove was with the Lakers in 03-04, the Celtics 04-05 and the Heat 05-07.  So they should have faced off quite a bit from 04-07.  Granted, the glove wasn't in his prime during those match-ups.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Yeah I wasnt going to get into a Kobe/Lebron debate because this board hates Kobe.

But saying that 03-07 first few years in league Lebron was better than peak Kobe is just not accurate.

I'm sure the Jon Hollingers will tell all about win shares and usage and other complex numbers that show Kobe was bottom tier in the league at everything, just an Eddie George with attitude, hugely overrated etc.

That's fine. My eyes know what they saw.

Agreed but by the 2008-2009 season LeBron was at a level beyond anything Kobe could dream of all-around.

Yeah I wasnt going to get into a Kobe/Lebron debate because this board hates Kobe.

But saying that 03-07 first few years in league Lebron was better than peak Kobe is just not accurate.

I'm sure the Jon Hollingers will tell all about win shares and usage and other complex numbers that show Kobe was bottom tier in the league at everything, just an Eddie George with attitude, hugely overrated etc.

That's fine. My eyes know what they saw.

Kobe was the second best player in the world.   That's pretty damn good.  

And Jordan without Pippen did what ? 

Same argument:  Bill Russell without John Havlicek and Bob Cousy and Sam Jones and KC Jones and Tom Heinson and Frank Ramsey and Bill Sharman did what?  Clearly Russell was a nothing, carried by his teammates.  

It's a lame argument, because we can never know.

So he likes The Godfather, he and everyone else who isn't a hipster that thinks popular movies are overrated. No need to chide him over it.

Hard to get too angry about a guy who shockingly tells us that he likes the greatest film in cinema history.  

• Like 1

So he likes The Godfather, he and everyone else who isn't a hipster that thinks popular movies are overrated. No need to chide him over it.

The Godfather is my favorite movie of all time and as Predicto said, the greatest film ever made

its not that he likes the Godfather...its that it seems obvious he lied about watching it. When asked to name one single scene, quote, moment or phrase that was his favorite he seemed shocked by the answer and couldn't even list a single thing. This is a movie he watched less than 24 hours ago and also has seen 6 times in the past 8 weeks or so.

Whether he has or not, he came across as somebody that just lied about watching the Godfather as a source of motivation and inspiration prior to playoff games.

He's fake

Lebron loves Godfather trilogy. Wow.

Ever notice the media is like a pack of dogs excited to play with whatever you throw to them.

See above

jesus, what a cornball ass dude lmao

I think everybody missed it Chew..

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

That blocking foul on Curry was pretty bad. That's a play on ideally, but if it absolutely must be called its a charge.

Lebron is the best passer in the league.

He's not. People need to stop saying he is because it's embarrassing. He doesn't have the variety of passes a guy like CP3 has and is far more likely to turn it over.
  • Like 1