Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

It would be the most unsatisfying thing the happen in the NBA in decades if Golden State doesn't win this title. The ultimate blue balls. If you want this to happen and are not a Cleveland fan, then you are a masochist

Im arranging the limbs of a firstborn inside a pentigram as we speak...

Truth be told I really don't want either of these teams to win, but it's not like we can teleport them to the center of a black hole. Yet.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Hell if I'm rooting for Cleveland.  The only two teams I like less are the Clippers and Rockets.

I actually like Golden State.  I just didn't want their path to a championship to be too easy.  I wanted them to have to face and beat some elite opponents this time.  Full strength OKC and Cleveland teams pretty much satisfy that.

Hell if I'm rooting for Cleveland. The only two teams I like less are the Clippers and Rockets.

I actually like Golden State. I just didn't want their path to a championship to be too easy. I wanted them to have to face and beat some elite opponents this time. Full strength OKC and Cleveland teams pretty much satisfy that.

I can't decide who I want to lose more. Every minute, I change my mind, neurons firing off like you before your hot takes. Edited by Mr. Sinister

I wonder if the Cavs decided to wear those sleeved jerseys so they could vow not to lose the finals while wearing those things.  That was the first time they wore them all playoffs too

Remember when Lebron blamed the sleeves for bad shooting nights? 

That's likely a symptom of not knowing what you are talking about......

That's possible.  I'm just concerned that the Cavs winning isn't a fluke or luck, but the result of the Warriors vaunted roster becoming increasingly less productive as this series has progressed. 

Players not named Curry or Thompson, total points per game, games 1-5 in order. 

35 (no Green)

Kyrie and Lebron both have also dramatically improved their fg% after those first two games in Golden State.  Is this just a coincidence in the numbers or have the Cavs figured something out?  If the Cavs win game six following this same script, big efficient games by their stars while the Warriors role players continue to struggle I'd favor the latter... and wouldn't see the Warriors are prohibitive favorites to win game 7. 

That's not to say the Warriors couldn't make their own adjustments, they're an absurdly good team.  Just saying that there is reason for hope in Cleveland, even if the odds are still against them.

• Like 1

That's likely a symptom of not knowing what you are talking about......

LOLOLOLOL!!!

I said Warriors in 5, but in all of the wins from the Cavs, it's taken 1 of two things for them to win...

1.  Out of this world performances by Lebron/Kyrie (Game 5)

2.  Stinker of a game played by GS (Game 3)

Warriors at full-strength and even playing a "B" game, win game 6. 

No way this goes 7.  Plus, Steph isn't going to be as bad as he was last night, going forward. 

Steph has been pretty bad this series. He could easily turn in another 2 games like last night

I said before the series that Steph can't play u even like he did last year and expect to be handed the greatest player in the world key. Still hasn't convinced me. Whether he's hurt or not isn't of any concern to me. He's healthy enough to have dropped serious buckets, even last night. He's just off kilter.

Cleveland definitely can win this, but my money is still on the Warriors.

Three thoughts:

1) It's going to hurt the Warriors a lot if Bogut misses the last 2 games.  His defense, passing and pick-setting is extremely valuable, and the Warriors can't play small for the whole game.  If they try, Draymond will foul out in 15 minutes and Tristan Thompson will pull 40 rebounds.  Small ball is useful in 5 minute stretches only.  

2) Lebron can do what he just did again and again, but Kyrie just had the game of his life and I cannot imagine that it is repeatable.

3) I wish Anderson Varejo was still on Cleveland.  I despise floppers like that guy, and it is embarrassing to have him doing it for my team. 

Edited by Predicto

Steph has been pretty bad this series. He could easily turn in another 2 games like last night

25 points isn't bad. He wasn't terribly involved in games 1-3, since then he's scored 38 and 25. Last night wasn't ideal, and every player on golden state went cold in the second half (I think they collectively shot in the 20s in terms of percentage). I think the lack of big body screeners really made it a struggle to get free. He's drawing a crowd if he takes a step inside the three point line, so other guys have to hit shots when Curry gets them open looks (which he did a lot of last night) or Kerr has to find a way to get him free and let him take 30 shots.

I think the lack of big body screeners really made it a struggle to get free. 

This.

The Warriors aren't a bunch of lucky chuckers.  There is a ton of screening and movement to get those open shots.  When you are missing your two primary screeners and outlets for passing out of the double team (Bogut and Draymond), it's going to kill your offense. 

Was Lebron's upgraded to a flagrant 1 as well? And replaying the gif in slowmo, I guess I see the NBA's contention. But I still think the entire incident was caused by Lebron being punked, repeatedly in game 4 and him wanting to intimidate by taking the "high road". You can see really James intent as he looks down at Green before he tries to "step over him".

http://thebiglead.com/2016/06/11/draymond-green-lebron-james-punch-groin/ 

Edited by The Evil Genius

There is no question that the reason an NBA player steps over another one is to disrespect them. That is the entire point of doing it. It's one of my favorite moves because it's a show of utter contempt. Lebron did it too Green to either put him in his place or bait him. And it worked.

I have no doubt that Lebron knew exactly what he was doing and so did the league. And do did Draymond.

And if Draymond didn't have a list of technical fouls and nut-hunting in this post-season, it likely would have been okay.

But Draymond is starting to enter Rasheed territory. Yes, players baited Sheed. And yes, refs were entirely too quick to T him up. But....he was ****ing Sheed.

This is like arguing, "Well, I have 10 DUIs, but three of those were completely bogus."

• Like 3

Dang..there goes my post about how one of those 2 nutshots against Adams was unintentional. As evidenced by the dozens of pictures of Green kicking his leg out while shooting (most of the time as he is unguarded).

But you are right LKB (and others), it doesn't excuse the intentaional ones. And the slowmo looks bad for Green here. I just wish the NBA realized that LeBaldSpot isn't the good guy all the time too.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1