Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

He doesn't want the backlash and value reduction to his brand.  We're talking about a black athlete here, he gets labeled a thug if he so much as wears a hoodie to the gym.  If he went all out crazy he'd become sports Hitler with people crying on television about how little Timmy insulting someones momma because his hero Lebron did it.  Lebron wants those people to buy his stuff and he wants to be a billionaire. 

Remember folks, we live in sensitive times.  Calling a women a cow.... I mean you think the feminists are just going to shrug that off?  Adam Silver would be accosted by feminists at while getting a morning coffee until he suspended him and agreed to force players to "lean in" so far they fell on their knees. 

I also think that in sports if you go to far people try to hurt you.  Pretty sure that if he called Durants mom a cow the next time he played the Thunder and elevated around the basket someone would run through his knees and send him cartwheeling into a major injury.   

Now shoes. Everyone needs to own a fresh pair of white kicks. Everyone. 

Talking about Jordans don't go with jeans is a bit of a reach though. 

I am getting myself a fresh pair of 996's soon. The original grey on grey. Tossed my old ones a couple decades ago. 

new-balance-made-in-usa-996-grey-2.jpg

I do have a pair of these though. 

asics-mens-gel-kinsei-5-running-shoe_4.j

And I can wear them with jeans, shorts, and all kinds of shirts. I typically wear them when I wear anything Orioles related. Occasionally I will simply rock a bright shirt with jeans though. 

Calling a women a cow.... I mean you think the feminists are just going to shrug that off? 

What's wrong with just saying "sturdy" ? 

Edited by Kosher Ham

He doesn't want the backlash and value reduction to his brand. We're talking about a black athlete here, he gets labeled a thug if he so much as wears a hoodie to the gym. If he went all out crazy he'd become sports Hitler with people crying on television about how little Timmy insulting someones momma because his hero Lebron did it. Lebron wants those people to buy his stuff and he wants to be a billionaire.

Remember folks, we live in sensitive times. Calling a women a cow.... I mean you think the feminists are just going to shrug that off? Adam Silver would be accosted by feminists at while getting a morning coffee until he suspended him and agreed to force players to "lean in" so far they fell on their knees.

I also think that in sports if you go to far people try to hurt you. Pretty sure that if he called Durants mom a cow the next time he played the Thunder and elevated around the basket someone would run through his knees and send him cartwheeling into a major injury.

I get that. But seriously, at the bare minimum talk **** back. Don't tell me how hard it is to take the high road. You're Lebron ****ing James. Don't let Klays Jon B " gotta stop lovin you, baby" lookin ass clown you on national tv.

Taking all them threes cuz he's scared to go to the Netherrealm and be judged at the rim like any other mortal man. FOH

• Like 2

I get that. But seriously, at the bare minimum talk **** back. Don't tell me how hard it is to take the high road. You're Lebron ****ing James. Don't let Klays Jon B " gotta stop lovin you, baby" lookin ass clown you on national tv.

Taking all them threes cuz he's scared to go to the Netherrealm and be judged at the rim like any other mortal man. FOH

Well first thing is he shouldn't have complained someone called him a ****.  That's weak.  I must admit it would have been perfect if he said something like "Jon B should stick to slow jams." 

• Like 1

Well first thing is he shouldn't have complained someone called him a ****. That's weak. I must admit it would have been perfect if he said something like "Jon B should stick to slow jams."

That would've been the perfect comeback. Could piss Klay off and make him go for 40 though lol. But so be it.

I want draymond to get drunk again during the celebration and say something like "we got as many rings as the king" or similar. Let's keep this going into next season

He won't be at the game tonight or in the building anyway so there is a good chance he's watching the game while circling the parking lot in a limo smashed already

• Like 1

Dunno why its so hard for him to truly embrace being a heel.

Because some scientist currently living in his house solved an equation on a huge chalkboard that proved that the probability of him being a heel and losing out on endorsements is 1/1. Thats 100%!

• Like 2

Being the villain sure hasn't cost Richard Sherman any endorsements. I doubt it would cost anyone these days. People like the bad guy now.

The level of LeBron endorsements = level of Sherman endorsements?

Turning heel means he loses a huge chunk of the global market.

Being the villain sure hasn't cost Richard Sherman any endorsements. I doubt it would cost anyone these days. People like the bad guy now.

Sherman wished he were in the same league endorsement-wise. Imo, only messi and maybe CR7 are at the same level. Tiger was king for a while, but that time has passed.

Lebron doesn't have the charisma to be a villain. In fact personality wise he's really boring. Even the not one not two not three spiel was incredibly forced.

Russell Westbrook plays the villain really well. Kobe did as well.

You really see Westbrook as a villain? IMO, Kobe is even a push as a true villain. When I think of a villain, I'm thinking of guys that are almost universally hated. I don't get that with Westbrook and Kobe.

The 70's Raiders, the Pistons Bad Boys, Albert Belle, Barry Bonds, John Rocker and Bill Romanowski, just to name a few, were villains.

Edited by DM72

You named guys that were villains based on stuff outside the rules of the sport and/or whole teams. When I think villain, I think Lebron whispering in Gilbert's ear at the foul line, Richard Sherman, Harrison from Pittsburgh, TO, Suarez, Bruce Bowen, Deion sanders, and Usain Bolt. Guys that talked trash, backed it up, and were ones you love to hate.

You really see Westbrook as a villain? IMO, Kobe is even a push as a true villain. When I think of a villain, I'm thinking of guys that are almost universally hated. I don't get that with Westbrook and Kobe.

The 70's Raiders, the Pistons Bad Boys, Albert Belle, Barry Bonds, John Rocker and Bill Romanowski, just to name a few, were villains.

I don't know if Westbrook is a villain per se, I just think he has the personality/aura about him that makes him villain-y. Same with Kobe at least in his prime. I don't know if anyone is universally hated in today's sports except for guys who cheat(i.e. A-Rod). The guys you mentioned all played so long ago.