Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Oh, I think Houston is going to match Dallas' offer for Parsons. IF they sign Bosh, they'll be a real threat in the West.

Howard

Bosh

Parsons

Harden

Beverley

That's a nice starting 5.

I don't think you can win, really win, with Harden as the main guy. Maybe that's just me.

Why would Cleveland do that? They can keep Wiggins and clear cap space over the next year to get Love after next season. Lebron already set those expectations that it wouldn't happen right away in his letter. 

So they can be patient to build a better team. 

What contracts will they move in the interim to make that work?  They have to move these pieces to get Love on board.  On top of it all, Love has said that he'd be open to an extension if Lebron was in the mix.  And now he is...

I'm still in shock. I feel like balance has been restored to the universe.

It like watching Idris Alba in Thor as the gatekeeper....seeing Lebron go back to Cleveland, and just nodding his head in acceptence.

I agree with some others. There is no Love to Cleveland without Irving in return, plus those #1's next year. If the T-Wolves take less than that, they are stupid. Irving is already under contract for a while. You don't take their bum 1st overall from last year without their previous best player.

Minny isn't getting Irving. You're forgetting about Wiggins. Wiggins is a legit trade chip.

I think Minnesota needs to try to move Love or they risk not getting anything for him at all.

Andrew WIggins is probably on his knees somewhere praying that he doesn't get shipped to Minnesota. :)

He's Canadian, he won't mind the cold.

Plus being the man in Minnesota and playing with a PG like Rubio strikes me as a better gig than being LeBron's perpetual understudy and having to fight for minutes for the duration of his rookie contract.

That Cavs offer for Love is ****

Yeah it's BS. Boston and Golden State can beat that lousy ass offer.

But if Cleveland adds Wiggins, that's the best deal IMO. Wiggins is a real chip. Bennett and Waiters do not have any real value.

Minny isn't getting Irving. You're forgetting about Wiggins. Wiggins is a legit trade chip.

I don't think one rookie from this years' class is a legit trade chip for an All-Star in Love. Even if he was the #1 overall. We saw what happened with the #1 overall last year.

As a Wizards fan, I want the East to stay as weak as possible.

But as an NBA fan, I'd like to see the East beef up and these moves happen:

1.) Love to Cleveland for Wiggins.

2.) Melo to Chicago.

3.) Rondo to Indy or Detroit.

I think that'd produce three high quality teams that could truly compete with the West.

Oh and,

4.) Durant to D.C. B).

I don't think one rookie from this years' class is a legit trade chip for an All-Star in Love. Even if he was the #1 overall. We saw what happened with the #1 overall last year.

Yeah but last year's #1 overall does not equal this year's #1 overall. This was an outstanding draft class and last year's was awful.

Wiggins is also an excellent prospect with real superstar potential. Dude is like a 6'8 Derrick Rose. No that doesn't equal an established perennial All Star in his prime like Love.

But Minnesota isn't getting another player like Love back from anyone. They're going to take 50 cents on the dollar no matter who they trade with. They have no leverage.

The best they can hope to do is take a chance on a super talented young prospect like Wiggins IMO.

Since Lebron, you can make the argument that Wiggins has been the most highly-touted #1 overall pick.  You can't even compare him to Bennett.  There is an absurd amount of hype surrounding Wiggins, and for good reason.  He's expected to be a multiple all-star who can get after it defensively.  His potential/upside is through the roof.  This is EXACTLY why Cleveland threw out a feeler trade proposal sans Wiggins.  They have to know that if any Love deal was to happen, Wiggins would be the most coveted piece going back to Minnesota. 

Yeah, but you're also not getting many great offers.

And you know with 100% certainty he's opting out and leaving next summer if you don't trade him. And where is he going to want to sign next summer?

It's either make a trade with Cleveland today and probably get Wiggins and Bennett and some other stuff. Make a S&T for a lot less in return next summer. Or watch him walk to Cleveland for nothing as soon as he gets the chance.

If I'm Minny, I take a Wiggins + Bennett + stuff deal from Cleveland and get on with it.

Maybe I'm reading the contract wrong, but Twolves could in theory control Love for 2 more years no?

Exactly. You don't give up a known All Star in love for an un-proven talent.

:lol:

As an aside, LeBron would have ruined Chris Sheridan's career by going back to Miami.

So how long before we start hearing that every player in the NBA wants to play for LA or NY again? Two days at most right?

Probably won't be hearing about how they all want to play in Miami for a while.

Edited by Destino

Maybe I'm reading the contract wrong, but Twolves could in theory control Love for 2 more years no?

Love has an ETO for the summer of 2015 and I think it's an open secret he's going to use it. I think he's already told Minny he's going to do it. He can be a UFA next summer. He's got Minnesota by the short and curlys here.

Love has an ETO for the summer of 2015 and I think it's an open secret he's going to use it. I think he's already told Minny he's going to do it. He can be a UFA next summer. He's got Minnesota by the short and curlys here.

ok. I thought he was a RFA at that point.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/07/11/after-lebron-jamess-return-to-cleveland-espns-bob-ryan-says-wizards-are-now-eastern-conference-favorites/

“Are you ready for this? Are you ready for this?” Ryan than asked in a fit of inspiration. “The new favorite to win the East if LeBron vacates Miami? The Washington Wizards, that’s who.”

Next year's CAVS @ MIA game, we should all expect nothing but a standing applause, right?

I'm stunned, but I don't hold any ill will towards him. None. He had a decision to make, and he made it. People will most certainly boo. Everyone is different. I expect mostly cheers, though.

They're gonna crush our asses anyway. We have no one capable of dealing with him. It'll probably be dead silence. Gonna be a rough year.

Edited by Mr. Sinister