Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2013

USS Redskins

Does anyone know if the Amazon Madden Sunday Ticket deal will work on the PS3? I plan on taking advantage of this offer and I would rather use it through my PS3 than use it on my computer.

During the 2011 season one very nice member of this board gave me his directv login info so I could use it to watch the Sunday Ticket on my PS3 during the last half of the season and it was awesome. If anyone this season would want to let me use your directv login info this year for my PS3 that would be great. :D

Looks up a few posts at my post. They say it doesn't, even on the amazon site. Wish it would though. 

Never could understand how someone can watch a game on a 14 inch computer screen and enjoy it. I couldn't do that.

I don't understand it either. And I definitely wouldn't pay for it.

Also don't get why some people come on ES during a Redskins game, but that's a whole other topic.

With the ease of connecting a computer to a TV these days there's no reason the game has to stay on a 14 inch screen.

If you guys looking for Madden haven't found a partner yet, I'm considering helping you all out.

I'm down. What you wanna do?

Never could understand how someone can watch a game on a 14 inch computer screen and enjoy it. I couldn't do that.

I don't understand it either. And I definitely wouldn't pay for it.

Also don't get why some people come on ES during a Redskins game, but that's a whole other topic.

I enjoy discussing the game and sharing thoughts and reactions throughout with a ton of other Redskins fans. Typically I just watch at my house with my fiance or brothers/friends so I do enjoy the added sports conversation. 

Never could understand how someone can watch a game on a 14 inch computer screen and enjoy it.  I couldn't do that. 

well, if you're like me and go to a college where Vulcano (look it up) doesn't work on ur laptop, streaming a game online is the best it could get until the next time i'm home (thanksgiving break and christmas break) so i've learned to just deal with it. actually, the first skins vs eagles matchup last season (november 18th), my dad set up my moms laptop in our movie room and then called me on skype from the laptop and pointed it towards the movie room tv, so I watched that game via skype. My mom walked into the movie room a little while later and a Redskins touchdown occured, and I was like "YESSSS!!!!!!!". My mom then goes "Dave...who's that?" and my dad was like "oh, that's just Reilly". I'm pretty sure we violated the "this game can not be used for any other broadcasts" or whatever rule that the NFL has.

For anybody REALLY out of market - as in outside the US - Gamepass have announced their 2013 prices. In the UK it's £134 for the premium service which is essentially the Sunday ticket max package but only available online. If you have decent bandwidth though its in almost HD quality and I hook my laptop up to my big screen and away I go.....I highly recommend it, it right up there with daylight and running water in my life's essentials.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I did decide to go the Madden route.  Momma There Goes That Man has first dibs since he responded above, but if he changed his mind or already got it we'd like to pair up with someone else.

We don't game on the console, so we'll sell you Madden for $25 plus whatever it costs us to ship you the game.  Should be less than $5 shipping.  PM if interested, including which console you need the game for.

Made my call this morning, and this was the first time in years they didn't offer me anything.  Just the "early renewal" prices that are listed on the website of $225/$300.  Guy was perfectly nice about it, but just didn't offer me anything tied to the renewal. 

As an incentive to change my package from an old "total choice" to the current "choice" package they gave me $15 off for 12 months and $10 off for 6 months, and I didn't lose any channels that I ever watch.  He was trying to sell it as an offset against the price of Sunday Ticket, but I was entitled to those discounts regardless of whether I renew.  So I made that swtich, but I'll have to try again later or tomorrow on Sunday Ticket.

Made my call this morning, and this was the first time in years they didn't offer me anything.  Just the "early renewal" prices that are listed on the website of $225/$300.  Guy was perfectly nice about it, but just didn't offer me anything tied to the renewal. 

As an incentive to change my package from an old "total choice" to the current "choice" package they gave me $15 off for 12 months and $10 off for 6 months, and I didn't lose any channels that I ever watch.  He was trying to sell it as an offset against the price of Sunday Ticket, but I was entitled to those discounts regardless of whether I renew.  So I made that swtich, but I'll have to try again later or tomorrow on Sunday Ticket.

So 60 bucks for Sunday ticket ?

You want more than that ?

Never could understand how someone can watch a game on a 14 inch computer screen and enjoy it.  I couldn't do that. 

Being stationed in Hawaii they show no love to our Redskins as far as games go unfortunately. I absolutely jumped on the Amazon promotion and will gladly stream in HD online to watch all the skins games. Plus I have a 23' widescreen monitor so I'm good to go lol

It's not really $60 "for Sunday Ticket."  It's just a separate promotion I'm eligible for.  It would be like if you were entitled to a DVR upgrade based on years of service, and they said "We'll give you a new DVR if you sign up for Sunday Ticket."  It's not really for Sunday Ticket, if you're eligible for it regardless.  Those things are independent and unrelated. 

Not greedy.  I'd be very happy with what I got so far plus 6 months showtime so we can watch Dexter and Homeland this season.  But if I can get more from them, that would be cool too.  Worth a try, anyway.

I switched to Direct TV last year so everything was free, I signed a 2 year cotnract though, so even though I don't have to renew the NFL Ticket itself, I am still tied to Direct TV through this football season (contract is up sometime middle of summer 2014).

Not sure if I will be able to even haggle the price downward since I have no leverage as far as Direct TV itself goes.

Question: If you were a subscriber to NFL ticket one year and don't call or contact them either way, I assume you are auto-renewed, but do they auto-renew the MAX package or the base package?  If I am paying full price in 2013, I am definitely switching to the base package, as I found a lot of the features in MAX were nice for the few weeks I had to actually spend using them, but through the course of an entire season I don't have the time to invest to make it worth the extra money.

^it renews at your most recent package. Just call them and tell them you don't want to renew the Sunday ticket. Theyll offer you a discount.

A few weeks ago, i was having my roof replaced. I called DTV to let them know I'd need a dish re-alignment. The lady told me it would be a $50 charge. She wasn't willing to budge. Even though I'd been a customer for a decade. So I told her to cancel my programming.

The next week, DTV called me, and threw a bunch of crap at me to keep me as a customer. including NFL sunday ticket for free. All they gave me and I'm only under a 1 year contract.

I moved and had a chance to change subscribers. I hate Time Warner, and to stick it to them, committed myself to Directv ... and got it for free this year. I'm glad to know that if I call and cancel it next year, they'll discount it for me :)

Typically, DTV is great about cutting the price on things. Nobody should ever pay full price for NFLST. The only people who do are the ones too lazy to call and see if they'll do a better job. DTV knows some $ is better than no $.

It's not really $60 "for Sunday Ticket."  It's just a separate promotion I'm eligible for.  It would be like if you were entitled to a DVR upgrade based on years of service, and they said "We'll give you a new DVR if you sign up for Sunday Ticket."  It's not really for Sunday Ticket, if you're eligible for it regardless.  Those things are independent and unrelated. 

Not greedy.  I'd be very happy with what I got so far plus 6 months showtime so we can watch Dexter and Homeland this season.  But if I can get more from them, that would be cool too.  Worth a try, anyway.

One more call, another $60 off and 3 months showtime to go with the max package.  Guess Homeland S3 will just have to wait for Netflix

I switched to Direct TV last year so everything was free, I signed a 2 year cotnract though, so even though I don't have to renew the NFL Ticket itself, I am still tied to Direct TV through this football season (contract is up sometime middle of summer 2014).

Not sure if I will be able to even haggle the price downward since I have no leverage as far as Direct TV itself goes.

Question: If you were a subscriber to NFL ticket one year and don't call or contact them either way, I assume you are auto-renewed, but do they auto-renew the MAX package or the base package?  If I am paying full price in 2013, I am definitely switching to the base package, as I found a lot of the features in MAX were nice for the few weeks I had to actually spend using them, but through the course of an entire season I don't have the time to invest to make it worth the extra money.

I had to chime in... I'm in the exact same boat as you BUT I called anyway

They gave me the base $225 for $180 (6 months at $30 extra per bill).  I had a life change (child support :/) and called to cancel.  They looked over my bill and noticed I was paying $10 extra each bill for channels that I didn't use (permanent discount).  They also gave me $5 off each statement because of Auto billing.  So it looks like I'm paying $90 for the Base NFL Ticket.  Was only a little bummed about losing redzone but I didn't really watch it, mainly got this for the redskins games.   

They gave me the base $225 for $180 (6 months at $30 extra per bill).  I had a life change (child support :/) and called to cancel.  They looked over my bill and noticed I was paying $10 extra each bill for channels that I didn't use (permanent discount).  They also gave me $5 off each statement because of Auto billing.  So it looks like I'm paying $90 for the Base NFL Ticket.  Was only a little bummed about losing redzone but I didn't really watch it, mainly got this for the redskins games.   

Thanks for the info man! I will try to put it to use.  Now when you called did you just skip straight to "I need to cancel NFLT" and that was enough for them to start offering discounts or did you begin with "I'd love to keep it but I just can't afford the price, is there anything you can do?"

Thanks for the info man! I will try to put it to use.  Now when you called did you just skip straight to "I need to cancel NFLT" and that was enough for them to start offering discounts or did you begin with "I'd love to keep it but I just can't afford the price, is there anything you can do?"

I actually placed two different calls recently and both approaches worked.

The first call was before I decided to do the Madden promo I mentioned above.  I called, explained that we have a baby and a mortgage and money is tight and we're not sure if we can keep the Ticket on top of the regular subscription price.  They gave me $20 in monthly discounts, plus the $5 for auto billing someone mentioned above.

Then my wife and I decided to just go with the Madden promo, so we actually needed to cancel the Ticket.  I called and told the guy on the other end of the line that we didn't need Sunday Ticket this year and we would like to go ahead and cancel.  His response, without me asking for any kind of discount, was, "Are you sure you want to cancel?  I could check and see if there are any promotions or coupons going on right now..."

As rictus said, there's basically zero overhead on any given subscriber's Sunday Ticket, so they make a profit no matter what they end up charging you.  They'd rather get $150 from you than $0.

Edit: And I'm still under contract by the way.

I actually called asking for the discount.  I told the lady, "I really want to be pleasant and don't want to act like a jerk.  I've seen some of the guys on the team boards saying act like a big jerk.  {she laughed and thanked me for being nice}.  Can you please just see what discounts I can have."  LOL!!  The $180 price (for me) must've been the best discount cuz the first lady offered it to me and I politely declined.  When I called back at a later time to speak to someone else, it was the same price.  I finally accepted it. 

but then called back 3 days later to cancel entirely.  This time I really was going to cancel.  But the lady said "Let's look for some ways to save you money."  And that's where they elminated some channels and gave me the additional discounts. 

I just called tonight.  You dont have to call multiple times.  The first person you get, wont get you **** on the discount.  Ask for her supervisor.  Then you will probably get to Billing Dept., they will tell you the best they can do is $180.  Laugh, tell them that you haven't paid for NFL Direct Ticket over $100 in years.  Ask what they can do.

They will then tell you that you need to speak to a promotional specialist in that dept and transfer you.  Then you will get the best deal based on your account (how long, what package you got).  So at this point, I was told they would bill me $29.99 for 6 months for the NFL ticket ($180), but because I have the premium package for channels, they could credit me $30 over the next 6 months.

AKA - I got the **** for free ninety nine!  :D  

Keep escalating it to the bosses boss, etc.  Thats how you win.

Archived