Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2013

USS Redskins

For the out of market Skins fan...

Costs this year:

Base Package: $225

Max: $300 (includes red zone, games on phone and short cuts)

I made my call today to negotiate... got the base package for $120 total or 6 payments of $20 each.

I thought it was a good deal. The cust. service rep was very nice - I just told them money was tight (as it always seems it is) and she checked the deals for me.

The best bet is to just be nice but firm. If they dont give you a rate you can handle, say thanks - call back some other time and try again. Last year was the first time I paid over $150 for the package ($180). Its worth a call. Allot of times they give you credits to cut the costs, too..

I dont get red zone or the short cuts - dont have time to watch shortcuts anyway but I may call back later in the summer or fall to see if I can add the extra services free...

Good luck!

thanks for the heads up OP.  I haven't paid full price for the Ticket in years, and I hope it continues this season as well.  I'll call DirecTV this weekend and negotiate/complain about something as usual LOL.

If anybody wants to get Sunday Ticket for $80 I can make that happen for you. Just buy Madden 25 from Amazon for me for $100 ($i'll give you $20) and as part of their deal you get NFL Sunday Ticket for free. I get a brand new video game for $20 and you take the Sunday ticket for vast savings. 

Everybody wins! 

For those interested, here is the link to the deal.  Probably the best promotion by far:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-Anniversary-Edition-Xbox-360/dp/B00CF7KVMI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369925406&sr=8-2&keywords=madden+14

Promotion Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_376741782_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1001215841&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0D5PSDV3E5SWR8F4NBMG&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1557458362&pf_rd_i=B00CF7KVMI

I will give $25 for the game (PS3), if someone wants to take advantage.

I got Sunday Ticket Max for free for signing up for Direct TV this year. I live in DC, so it's going to be interesting to see how I am going to use this feature.

I got it for free last year when I signed up for Direct TV as well. I already get all the Redskins games anyway so it was basically a check of every game on during commercial break.

I got it for free last year when I signed up for Direct TV as well. I already get all the Redskins games anyway so it was basically a check of every game on during commercial break.

Sweet. Do they really let you watch any game on your cell phone or tablet away from home too? I would love to not have to rush home from church for once lol

So am I correct in understanding that I can't get the 'skins game on Sunday Ticket if you live in market?   I'm in the NOVA area but I don't watch much TV except for 'skins games, and I'm outside the range of most OTA HD signals.  I also don't want to pay for cable TV just to watch one day a week in the fall. 

So am I correct in understanding that I can't get the 'skins game on Sunday Ticket if you live in market?   I'm in the NOVA area but I don't watch much TV except for 'skins games, and I'm outside the range of most OTA HD signals.  I also don't want to pay for cable TV just to watch one day a week in the fall. 

Yes.  If it's being broadcast on your local network, you can only watch it on Fox/CBS, and the DirecTV channel for that game will not work.

Costs this year:

Base Package: $225

Max: $300 (includes red zone, games on phone and short cuts)

I made my call today to negotiate... got the base package for $120 total or 6 payments of $20 each.

I thought it was a good deal. The cust. service rep was very nice - I just told them money was tight (as it always seems it is) and she checked the deals for me.

The best bet is to just be nice but firm. If they dont give you a rate you can handle, say thanks - call back some other time and try again. Last year was the first time I paid over $150 for the package ($180). Its worth a call. Allot of times they give you credits to cut the costs, too..

I dont get red zone or the short cuts - dont have time to watch shortcuts anyway but I may call back later in the summer or fall to see if I can add the extra services free...

Good luck!

Are you in or out of contract?  This is the first year in a long time that I'm going to be asking for a deal on ST when I'm under contract to them.  Will be interested to see if they still give me the perks/discounts.  I've usually been able to get it for around half price, plus 6 months showtime thrown in (so I can watch Homeland and Dexter)

I try every year to no avail.  I guess I'm not good at convincing anyone to do something.  I might sick my mom on them and have her pretend she's my wife.  My wife speaks English as a second language so she wouldn't be very convicing either.  Although I should get her to call the Spanish line.  You get through faster.

I try every year to no avail.  I guess I'm not good at convincing anyone to do something.  I might sick my mom on them and have her pretend she's my wife.  My wife speaks English as a second language so she wouldn't be very convicing either.  Although I should get her to call the Spanish line.  You get through faster.

Would you consider Sunday Ticket for $80 to be deal?? No awkward phone calls needed...  :D

Doesn't include TV, only PC, tablet and mobile.  Or is that the fine print?

I've read the disclaimers on Amazon a few times and it sounds like it's only online.

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.​

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Great News...

Amazon has a deal - Pre-order Madden 25 for $99 (Reg $59.99) and get 1 free season of Direct TV Sunday Ticket for your computer / tablet.

I have looked at this and it looks like this is even if you do NOT have direct tv (You simply check a box that says you cant). Unlike before where if you wanted sunday ticket via internet you had to have direct tv validate you couldn't get direct tv, this offer is good for anyone.  

This is the offer

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-Anniversary-Xbox-360/dp/B00CF7KVMI/?om_u=2816459469&om_i=_BRpo99B8y2V5Qb

and here is a good recap showing you why this is good for anyone not a direct tv customer....

http://kotaku.com/maddens-tv-offer-is-the-deal-that-dares-not-speak-its-509859512?om_u=2816459469&om_i=_BRpo99B8y2V5Qb

If you were going to buy madden anyway- Then you are basically getting NFL ticket via internet for $40.  

If that deal for Madden and NFL ticket worked for the PS3 app, which the kotaku article says it doesn't, I'd pre order the game right now. I'm tempted to get it anyway, streaming games in HD instead of the free ones would be pretty awesome. 

Edit: Just saw this on the amazon page too. 

Can I watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 by purchasing the Anniversary Edition?
No, this only provides access to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

Are you in or out of contract?  This is the first year in a long time that I'm going to be asking for a deal on ST when I'm under contract to them.  Will be interested to see if they still give me the perks/discounts.  I've usually been able to get it for around half price, plus 6 months showtime thrown in (so I can watch Homeland and Dexter)

No contract. Been a customer for 10+ years and have the high package with dvr, etc.... If you fail the 1st call, say no thanks and call back another times.

I've never had a problem getting it discounted. In all honesty, the key is to be pleasant and kind. Seriously. Try it. Even if it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. They are people, too. :)

Yes. This is the way to go. They will at least discount depending on what you spend with them and length of time...other times you can get a real generous csr.

One year I got a dude that just wouldn't budge a penny, he was a jerk about it too, so I just said forget it... Called back later in the day and got it for 1/2 off.

Does anyone know if the Amazon Madden Sunday Ticket deal will work on the PS3? I plan on taking advantage of this offer and I would rather use it through my PS3 than use it on my computer.

During the 2011 season one very nice member of this board gave me his directv login info so I could use it to watch the Sunday Ticket on my PS3 during the last half of the season and it was awesome. If anyone this season would want to let me use your directv login info this year for my PS3 that would be great. :D

Now that I'm back in my hometown, I'm taking over the Sunday Ticket purchasing for my parents' place (where everyone in the family goes to watch the games).  I'm not letting my dad touch the remote or logging onto his computer until I've negotiated the deal.  I don't think my father has ever heard of the term "negotiation" and for years he's just clicked on the "I want this package right now & I don't care how much it costs" button and paid the standard $300.  I won't let that happen this year on pure principle.  Good Lordie

Archived