Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon?

Tom [Giants fan]

Not feeling an overwhelmed believe in humanity right now.

People can't just go with what's known. We've got to guess and theorize, etc.

Ugh

Exactly. As I said, on another forum, someone started to blame ethnicities. People here are usually more mature than that :) That's why ES is great. We may disagree, but we all have mature opinions from educated individuals.

Alright, going to go ahead and say it wasn't a gas explosion. This looks more and more like the work of terrorists.

That what I thought initially, that this was some sort of industrial explosion. But after watching the tape and listening to witnesses, I'm not so sure.

Arrest all Arabs and North Koreans in the area!!!

There's a time to be funny & sarcastic. Unfortunately for you, that's not here. So your next post here will be to apologize to the board for came across as racist & inmature.

@kingsthings 4:02 PM

My thoughts are with those injured in Boston. Details are sill coming in, but we need to not jump to conclusions without all the facts

??

who is kingsthings?

is this supposed to be a joke about legs?

Horrible situation. Can't believe this was anything other than intentional. Hopefully what we've seen so far is the extent of it, and we can quickly figure out who/what was the cause.

Sidenote: Brian Williams keeps saying it was right as the "Elite level marathoners" were finishing, but the clock on the photos and videos I keep seeing has a number like 4:06, It's always been my understanding that the elites finished nearer to 2:20, somewhere in that range. So perhaps the crowd was a little lighter than it was/would have been when the elite runners actually were finishing.

Horrible situation. Can't believe this was anything other than intentional. Hopefully what we've seen so far is the extent of it, and we can quickly figure out who/what was the cause.

Sidenote: Brian Williams keeps saying it was right as the "Elite level marathoners" were finishing, but the clock on the photos and videos I keep seeing has a number like 4:06, It's always been my understanding that the elites finished nearer to 2:20, somewhere in that range. So perhaps the crowd was a little lighter than it was/would have been when the elite runners actually were finishing.

They stagger the start times.

For a good portion of the world, this sort of thing is a daily occurrence. Its awful. Whatever political point people are trying to make, harming innocent civilians will only hurt their cause. I dont understand how terrorists havent learned that yet.

And for clarity, when i say terrorist, i'm not specifically referring to al Queda or similar groups. Any person, or group of persons, who would do something like this are terrorists. Hopefully, when they are innevitably captured and tried, they will be convicted and sentenced as such.

I've heard D.C.'s on lockdown, especially near the White House. Can anyone in the city confirm this?

they might be taking doing that as caution...

Fox News was reporting that in NYC.. any tourist spots around the cities were put on high alert and additional security is being sent out throughout the city. I would imagine that DC might be doing the same.

Twitter folks, please jump on this

BostonMarathon

@_BostonMarathon

For every retweet we receive we will donate $1.00 to the #BostonMarathon victims #PrayForBoston

That just screams scam to me. Any company wouldn't use "publicity" to help, they would just donate and say they donated.

Archived