Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon?

Tom [Giants fan]

You don't get to post bull**** like that, and then tell people to "Lighten up."

That incident affected many people... Deeply. It isn't a "Light" issue, and posting "Interesting stuff" isn't going to get a "Light" response.

My reference or use of the term Lighten up. Is not about the videos, but about the attacks against me.

There are many sides to every story as most of us are all aware of. I just posted some radical viewpoints made by others concerning said topic.

I feel it's very telling that some members instantly went on the attack, one even tried to discredit me by using my avatar and quotes in my signature.

Attack the video all you want, but please refrain from personal attacks against me for simply offering some different info in this thread.

Yea Tyron, I think its 'criminal'... People lost their lives, a family's existence is probably still torn to its core with the loss of an 8 year old child.

Under the guise of 'hey, just want to show a different POV'. Sorry, that to me is a cop out. If you want to start a thread titled 'Hey- look what these douchebags think', than maybe.

How would that change anything?

As far as criminal. I am fully aware of what happened to the victims then and now.

Did I ever once applaud the video? Or even the heinous crime that happened? NO. Hell no I did not. 

Hes just asking questions.

WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF QUESTIONS!

Thank you, For being open minded and to realize that. I did some consulting work for a company. We had to do a study on why people attack change and /or questions. I cannot release any raw data, but I can tell you this: Over 90% of the attacks happened when a question was raised that went against sociological knowns. In conclusion anything that disrupted comfort zones and created a need for critical thinking.

I'm not going to pigeon hole the people that attacked me as the 90%.

He didn't say he BELIEVED the BS that he went out, dug up, and decided to post, in this thread!

Why is everyone making fun of the guy, just for posting some other loon's insulting attack on every victim of a terrorist attack?

After digging into that video further. We found a lot of evidence suggesting the makers of it are/were associated with intelligence agencies from the hammer and sickle. 

Larry and Kilmer17 Thank you for not attacking me.

Oh boy... thats not quite how that quote is supposed to go or be used.

And having worked with one of the victims of the bombing, I cannot even begin to write how offensive the videos posted really are.

The quote was meant to be vague.

I admire you for helping the victims out.

To all of my fellow ES members that attacked me wrongfully. Let me give you a little insight on how I obtain information. Like most people I first get my information from FCC mediums. If that information intrigues me, I will seek out mediums without the interference of government influence. I honestly feel like everyone should do the same.

I'm not telling you to distrust the Govt. I am simply saying there is always more than one side of every story.

I felt like I have explained myself enough on this matter. If I am to be continually baisly attacked for gathering information, it will only further my belief that you have no problem omitting logic and your critical thought process has been nulled and voided.

You are not being unfairly and biasedly attacked by those of us with our "critical thought process nulled and voided."

On the contrary, you are being called out for spreading conspiracy theory propoganda (disguised under a "freedom of information/making informed decisions" headline) by people who have the intelligence to understand verifiable facts and the judgement wherewithal to understand it is not only in poor taste but is extremely disrespectful to post utter nonsense like this when innocent people were gravely injured and lost their lives in this tragedy.

P.S. Your sarcasm detector is clearly busted.

To all of my fellow ES members that attacked me wrongfully. Let me give you a little insight on how I obtain information. Like most people I first get my information from FCC mediums. If that information intrigues me, I will seek out mediums without the interference of government influence. I honestly feel like everyone should do the same.

I'm not telling you to distrust the Govt. I am simply saying there is always more than one side of every story.

I felt like I have explained myself enough on this matter. If I am to be continually baisly attacked for gathering information, it will only further my belief that you have no problem omitting logic and your critical thought process has been nulled and voided.

You should quit while you're behind....

This quote alone tells me you are a conspiracy theorist. FCC = government influence over the news? If you believe that you have detached yourself from reality.

You made your original post to spread conspiracy bull****.  By saying "Im not telling you what to believe. Just showing different information." you are telling us that you believe this "information" has enough validity that it should be shared and considered. That's how conspiracy theorists recruit.

You have been exposed. Deal with it.

Tyron, I am of the opinion that authority should always be questioned but it falls within reasonable context.  This is not Germany trying to hide the Holocaust.  It's just stupid propaganda that comes up after every incident thanks to the Internet Era.  Let's take a couple videos, edit them, point out some dumb crap, and use the paranoids to spread this nonsense.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

I feel it's very telling that some members instantly went on the attack, one even tried to discredit me by using my avatar and quotes in my signature.

Attack the video all you want, but please refrain from personal attacks against me for simply offering some different info in this thread.

Is this the part where I tell you to lighten up? I mean, if your avatar is Tyrone Biggums I'm assuming you're not worried about taking yourself all that seriously, but your defensiveness would suggest otherwise.

Also, while we're on the topic of quotes in your sig, I find the last one particularly amusing in the context of this discussion.

This quote alone tells me you are a conspiracy theorist. FCC = government influence over the news? If you believe that you have detached yourself from reality.

You made your original post to spread conspiracy bull****.  By saying "Im not telling you what to believe. Just showing different information." you are telling us that you believe this "information" has enough validity that it should be shared and considered. That's how conspiracy theorists recruit.

Mike, you beat me to it. Tyrone, after you have been called out, you try to act like you are doing us a favor be presenting "radical viewpoints." But you sure did not present them as radical viewpoints at first. You presented them in the typical conspiracy theory BS fashion.

As a public service, I reviewed the video posted so you don't have to.  

My conclusion...  Conspiracy theorists are getting really lazy.  There's nothing there.  It really is a stupid presentation that makes no cohesive sense.   There's nothing remotely compelling about it.  If Loose Change is the "Citizen Kane" of wacky conspiracy docs, this one is "Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo."  

I agree with you about the video Dan T. At least Loose Change gives you a compelling motive, this one isn't even remotely convincing.

I don't think our friend here is doing anything to lessen the lunatic stereotype of the conspiracy theorist. No wonder that labeling somebody a "conspiracy theorist" is the decisive and irrefutable argumentum ad hominem.

I absolutely despise conspiracy theorists. I've said before that as soon as someone tells me all they watch is FoxNews, I stop taking their opinion seriously. This is true to the nth degree when it comes to someone trying to push a conspiracy theory on me. Unlike FoxNews viewers though, I won't keep my mouth shut for the sake of harmony. Even if they're family. Just ugh. Sickening.

Anyway, one of my favorites parts (subs) on Reddit is http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiratard Basically keeps tracks and and mocks these idiots. It's absolutely insane what some people believe. I'm not sure if the Internet has made it worse or if it just brings them out in the open. Either way, unfortunately, the Information Age seems to be just as much the MISinformation Age.

I just don't get the conspiracy angle on this.  This isn't the Kennedy Assassination or 9/11 or The Riechstag.  This is a highly plausible event.

A couple of young, dumb immigrants make a couple of simple pressure cooker bombs and and couple other people take the hit.  Sad and tragic for all involved, but it doesn't take a massive conspiracy to drop off a couple of backpacks on a street corner.

I just don't the conspiracy angle on this. This isn't the Kennedy Assassination or 9/11 or The Riechstag. This is a highly plausible event.

A couple of young, dumb immigrants make a couple of simple pressure cooker bombs and and couple other people take the hit. Sad and tragic for all involved, but it doesn't take a massive conspiracy to drop off a couple of backpacks on a street corner.

Yup. The thing with conspiratards is that if there's one conspiracy then EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. The Sandy Hook conspiracy angle might be the worst though.

Tyron, I have enjoyed and agreed with so many of your coments made in other threads, the videos you posted, for most of us, is a load of crap. You say you may not agree with the videos, but why did you post them?

You posting them leads to you being associated to them, if you do not agree with them, why the post?

Terrorist sole objective is to cause fear, fear to go to a marathon or run in one, fear to go to a mall, fear to go to a pro game, like Fed Ex. etc. I do not know the point you are getting at here. You are just pouring salt in a very fresh wound, IMHO.

Please find a way to move on.

Yup. The thing with conspiratards is that if there's one conspiracy then EVERYTHING is a conspiracy. The Sandy Hook conspiracy angle might be the worst though.

Seriously.  All the awful school/work shootings we've had in the last 20 years and, all of a sudden, it's Sandy Hook that's the big set-up?  Things like Sandy Hook are beyond plausible…they're damn near expected at this point, unfortunately.

So let's talk about some positive things...

Here is an update on one of the victims.  Erika Brannock.

1779044_398440853634376_1658955960_n.jpg

Wednesday, Feb 5th, 2014 via Erika Brannock Supporters-- Erika just about ready to head into surgery. She got a little disappointing news that the infection was in fact into her bone so she is in for a more extensive surgery then expected. They are going to go ahead and take out the hardware that had been in place to help the fracture in her tibia heal. As always she is facing adversity with a smile and a positive attitude. She also knows she is in the care of the best doctors. Your prayers and positive thoughts are greatly appreciated. Please know Erika reads everyone of them and is truly grateful to all of you. 

And here's an older video of what my fraternity did to help her along last year.

I'm really proud of all the people who have rallied around Erika in her time of need.  She has a great attitude!  I'm confident she will get through all of these challenges and live a fulfilling life.

• 2 weeks later...

Reality is perception. I deal with it every day I awake. I never told anyone what to believe. Your assumptions leave you without grounds to stand on sir. I offered a different point of view.

Now my view of the FCC is clear, they are a federally controlled commission that decides what is appropriate for the general masses. I have my own thoughts and ideas and I will freely express them. Your signature should lend itself to the same conclusion. 

Without being personal, What are you made at brah?

Is this the part where I tell you to lighten up? I mean, if your avatar is Tyrone Biggums I'm assuming you're not worried about taking yourself all that seriously, but your defensiveness would suggest otherwise.

Also, while we're on the topic of quotes in your sig, I find the last one particularly amusing in the context of this discussion.

I find Mark Twain's quote rather appropriate in this discussion.

As far as my missed spelled avatar name. It was an inside joke at the time even before: The great MalComb Kelly thread.

Mike, you beat me to it. Tyrone, after you have been called out, you try to act like you are doing us a favor be presenting "radical viewpoints." But you sure did not present them as radical viewpoints at first. You presented them in the typical conspiracy theory BS fashion.

To each his own. How should have, I presented them?

To each his own. How should have, I presented them?

"Look what some disgusting scum are trying to do, to attack the memory of the people killed or injured by these terrorists" might have been OK.

Although, deciding that this drivel is not worth being repeated, IMO, would have been better.

Archived