Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explosions at finish line of Boston Marathon?

Tom [Giants fan]

It's incredible that with social media we can get photos of the explosion and aftermath so quickly, but the downside is that we see raw photos without much warning ... prayers to all of those affected.

This was the "beauty" of the news media specifically. They were governed by standards of taste and appropriateness. Now everything can come through unfiltered. Not sure that's really a great thing. Additionally, many of these images come through without context.

Obviously it's too early to know for sure, but two explosions separated by a short period of time is something that has been typical of terrorist attacks over seas. :(

True. However; my immediate thought is a lone wolf who maybe learned from terrorists via the internet, etc. Lone wolf is definitely a bigger threat than someone coming from overseas.

Yeah, it could be anyone. Domestic terrorist, international terrorist, anybody. Some ignorant guy on another forum immediately blamed ethnicities for the act. How about you wait to get the facts straight before making such an ignorant statement? Damn. This world we live in today.

Man that is awful. :(

I know that it is unrealistic, but I hope we and our media can actually find out some firm facts before we start pointing fingers. It could be anyone. It could be Al Qaeda, it could be tax protestors, it could be some random jagoff who's ex-wife was running in the marathon.

I know that it is unrealistic, but I hope we and our media can actually find out some firm facts before we start pointing fingers. It could be anyone. It could be Al Qaeda, it could be tax protestors, it could be some random jagoff who's ex-wife was running in the marathon.

Fits the bill as an American terrorist, at least initially for me.

Sigh. :(

Boston race to honor Newtown

BOSTON -- The Boston Marathon is honoring the victims of the Newtown, Conn., shooting with a special mile marker in Monday's race.

Boston Athletic Association president Joanne Flaminio said there was "special significance" to the fact that the race is 26.2 miles long and 26 people died at Sandy Hook Elementary school.

Laura Nowacki, a spokeswoman for the Newtown Strong Fund, says the runners will hit Heartbreak Hill knowing it's nothing like the pain felt by the runners back home. She says, "It's just running, but we want our steps to count."

The mile marker that will hang at the end of the 26th mile will feature the city seal surrounded by 26 stars, one for each victim.

There also will be 26 seconds of silence at the start before the race.

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/9161573/boston-marathon-honor-newtown-victims-26th-mile

Not feeling an overwhelmed belief in humanity right now.

People can't just go with what's known. We've got to guess and theorize, etc.

Ugh

Archived