Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Once I realized my error, and gained that perspective, and stopped being ignorant,  I began to understand this simply was not acceptable,  and had to change.

Let me ask you. I'm just curious.

You're out with a friend at your favorite restaurant, and your'e talking football. The two of you are talking about the game on Sunday between the Giants and Washington.

You look around and you notice the guy at the next table is staring at you. He's seven feet nine inches tall and he says, " You know,...I really don't like that term. It's very offensive. ".

Would you stop using the name " Giants " in reference to the football team in New York ?

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You keep saying this but it's not true.  Folks weren't blindsided they were in denial for the most part it would get to this point.

Go back to page 499 when I bumped the thread, I was practically begging us to get ahead of this once the Floyd protests started because wed be next and the thread got closed instead.

You're right, you were. I should say most of us rather than all of us. You were dead on too--well done! 

Just now, Spearfeather said:

You're out with a friend at your favorite restaurant, and your'e talking football. The two of you are talking about the game on Sunday between the Giants and Washington.

You look around and you notice the guy at the next table is staring at you. He's seven feet nine inches tall and he says, " You know,...I really don't like that term. It's very offensive. ".

Would you stop using the name " Giants " in reference to the football team in New York ?

Sure, if there was an actual documented history of that term being offensive towards tall people, and a sizable outcry from people it directly references. 

And frankly, if I said something I didn't think was offensive, but still noticed that it was bothering someone, I would still happily oblige them (albeit temporarily), just because a situation like that isn't really that big of a deal to me.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I really dont get how some people make it through life with this type of attitude. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

Post what you want, from now on, you will not have to cower in apparent fear of me correcting you. I just won't see it.

Well Bye GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

23 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Are tall people a marginalized group that have suffered a literal and cultural genocide that was perpetuated and reinforced all the way into our grandparents' lifetimes? And many would argue continues to this day? 

These constant disingenuous straw men are far beyond tiresome. 

Edit: Also anyone who tells you they aren't gonna immediately do whatever an 8-footer tells them to do in a bar is a liar. Just to add some humor to this idiocy. 

17 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Are tall people a marginalized group that have suffered a literal and cultural genocide that was perpetuated and reinforced all the way into our grandparents' lifetimes? And many would argue continues to this day? 

These constant disingenuous straw men are far beyond tiresome. 

Edit: Also anyone who tells you they aren't gonna immediately do whatever an 8-footer tells them to do in a bar is a liar. Just to add some humor to this idiocy. 

I was just trying to find out where some people's thresholds are. I didn't say there was anything wrong with Sinisters answer.

I’m so tired of the false equivalency of the name Redskins and other team names that people mockingly portray to find offensive. 

Redskin on its surface is taking many people, from different parts of the continent, different tribes, different cultures, different beliefs, different folklore, different spiritual philosophies and lumping them all together by the complexion of their skin. We, as fans, don’t see it that way and it was never intended that way or to be disparaging in any way. But, that is the outward perception. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I wouldn't expect anything on a permanent new name/permanent uniforms till at least the off-season after the 2020 season. 

Once this season starts, I think there won't be a peep about it from Snyder and Co.  So they've bought 8-9 months, give or take.  Should be plenty of time, barring a trademark disaster.

So circa March/April 2021 is when I'd expect something, in time for the WFT's Draft Pick to wear the new hat/logo, whatever it may be.

That would be the best time. 

^

That Stiller face needs to be in the bottom right with "Toastieeeee!" next to it.

Can any of us get anything right?

The Washington Scorpions.

Touchdown - Washington Scorpions!

*fans pretend to throw a harpoon, rip a mu****a to em, and throw the MK uppercut in unison*

We could bring flamethrowers and torch opposing fans when we got the W locked.

Even when the new name is in effect; people will still wear the old stuff.

Will Washington ban the wearer from the stadium? Stay tuned.

If you are walking down the street with the old gear; will You get punched out? Arrested.

Will all Redskins memorabilia have to be destroyed?

This will take time to change. Just keep your Skins gear in your collection. Your heirs can decide what to do with it.

I think how you are perceived if you still display any Skins gear in public; depends where you live. Yes, it’s probably along blue vs red lines.

I’ll leave my Skins stuff in the closet; when I new stuff to replace it with.

2 hours ago, Wayne_Millner said:

Redskin on its surface is taking many people, from different parts of the continent, different tribes, different cultures, different beliefs, different folklore, different spiritual philosophies and lumping them all together by the complexion of their skin. 

Would you say this is true whenever any group of people are referred to by their skin color ?

Archived