Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Bifflog said:

 

No, what's irrational is looking at the name being gone in every official capacity, noticing that some who liked the name aren't sufficiently upset at the new placeholder, and then using that as a barometer that things haven't gone far enough.  It's moving the goalposts specifically because people aren't squirming enough.

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m actually a big fan of the tweaked jerseys and helmets!  I love removing the stripes down the center of the helmet and the gold number looks great!  Really old school feel with the number on the helmet!  So simple yet stylish.  The burgundy looks a shade darker as well which I love.  Please keep the uniforms looking this way!  I don’t want to see them **** up a tremendous jersey!!!!!

BE5654C9-2B39-4BD0-81D8-86DE3CC853CE.jpeg

CDB87A40-1A9E-4936-B5CD-E9785F156A48.jpeg

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The TFKA the Redskins have done everything they can in a reasonable, conceivable window, to ditch the name. It hasn't even been three weeks. The people are still complaining? It's completely ridiculous and unrealistic. What else should they do?

This.

 

I don't trust this franchise at ALL. But if they rushed through a name and logo change in just a few weeks, that would have been a total trainwreck. I wouldn't be surprised if they were isn't a new name/logo/etc until around the draft next year. Maybe longer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This.

 

I don't trust this franchise at ALL. But if they rushed through a name and logo change in just a few weeks, that would have been a total trainwreck. I wouldn't be surprised if they were isn't a new name/logo/etc until around the draft next year. Maybe longer.

 

Rivera said a 16-18 month process. I am sure there is some nefarious purpose behind it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

Rivera said a 16-18 month process. I am sure there is some nefarious purpose behind it.

 

I've worked on brand guide for a travel vaccine at a previous job and that took a long time without a fanbase or something that you are replacing. 

 

At least we have our colors.

 

If they are being honest and are going to talk to former Skins from Sonny to Gibbs to Green to Riggins along with local leaders and hopefully not the twitterverse. But focus groups with fans. 16-18 doesn't sound unrealistic. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't expect anything on a permanent new name/permanent uniforms till at least the off-season after the 2020 season. 

 

Once this season starts, I think there won't be a peep about it from Snyder and Co.  So they've bought 8-9 months, give or take.  Should be plenty of time, barring a trademark disaster.

 

So circa March/April 2021 is when I'd expect something, in time for the WFT's Draft Pick to wear the new hat/logo, whatever it may be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I wouldn't expect anything on a permanent new name/permanent uniforms till at least the off-season after the 2020 season. 

 

Once this season starts, I think there won't be a peep about it from Snyder and Co.  So they've bought 8-9 months, give or take.  Should be plenty of time, barring a trademark disaster.

 

So circa March/April 2021 is when I'd expect something, in time for the WFT's Draft Pick to wear the new hat/logo, whatever it may be.

 

I think this would be an appropriate timeline. I think also doing this takes some of the heat off Rivera and the team--they can focus on football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Thats the standard approach to those that really just want to stand on their morally superior soapbox and insult those that dare disagree with them. They don't want a discussion, they want agreement. Best ignore them.

 

You know, if you weren't such an insufferable child about all this, you wouldn't have gotten your feelings hurt.

 

Has nothing to do with moral superiority.  It's about understanding why something was so wrong it had to go, why it going doesn't mean the positive memories and people associated can still be remembered/acknowledged, and why doing the first two will put all this in a better perspective for you going forward.

 

Being a butthead about it helps no one, and makes all of us look bad, collectively. 

 

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

Blood boiling is a good way to start a Friday morning.

 

The best way :cheers:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You know, if you weren't such an insufferable child about all this, you wouldn't have gotten your feelings hurt.

 

I know you are but what am I?

 

So you supported the name--for a long time, correct? And now you relatively recently did a 180, and now say that anyone that doesn't want the name changed or is having trouble letting go "ignorant." At best that's disingenuous--I call it being a hypocrite. I have no respect for that.

 

Besides, that was a general comment--sorry you took it so personally. Maybe you shouldn't be so angry.

Edited by Riggo#44
Link to post
Share on other sites

They are getting crushed on social media by pretty much everyone. I hope the players read some of these comments and not play like a bunch of *****s, I’m tired of being the laughing stock 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This.

 

I don't trust this franchise at ALL. But if they rushed through a name and logo change in just a few weeks, that would have been a total trainwreck. I wouldn't be surprised if they were isn't a new name/logo/etc until around the draft next year. Maybe longer.

 

I don't trust them either but I hope they at least keep the colors.  I think they will.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, max21 said:

They are getting crushed on social media by pretty much everyone. I hope the players read some of these comments and not play like a bunch of *****s, I’m tired of being the laughing stock 

 

Well unfortunately with Snyder in charge...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

I don't trust them either but I hope they at least keep the colors.  I think they will.  

 

It's almost a given they'll keep the colors-which they should. Someone posted above a perfect time to reveal the new name--right before the draft in April. I think that's a realistic timeline to do the due diligence and come up with a name the fans identify with. It'll also show if names like Redwolves have staying power, or if it's a passing fad.

 

As for idiots on social media making fun of the name--every one of these jackasses were calling for the name using "Washington Football Team" and now it's "not creative?" No ****. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

I don't trust them either but I hope they at least keep the colors.  I think they will.  

 

I'm certain that's the plan right now.

 

 

 

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

It's almost a given they'll keep the colors-which they should. Someone posted above a perfect time to reveal the new name--right before the draft in April. I think that's a realistic timeline to do the due diligence and come up with a name the fans identify with. It'll also show if names like Redwolves have staying power, or if it's a passing fad.

 

As for idiots on social media making fun of the name--every one of these jackasses were calling for the name using "Washington Football Team" and now it's "not creative?" No ****. 

 

Reminds of somebody pushing that a Red Wolf is what Native Americans believe is their spirit after death or something. Then a few replies were "Source?" "Link?" and the it became a fight. I googled it and couldn't find that specific belief. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...