Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Let it go people, it's done. We still have a football team in Washington. We're still in the best part of the year to be a fan of our team. If you're a season ticket holder you're going to save a lot of money.

Add: Does my moniker change to FootballTeamFan44 automatically or do I have to do that myself? 

Edited by RedskinsFan44
  • Haha 2

Now this is a clean uni. Forget logo or team name.

image.thumb.jpeg.e87911eabc3370f8e7daf43d0e250542.jpeg

Darker colors similar to the 70th anniversary unis. Dark grey facemask. DC flag on the shoulders. I'd think gold pants with single burg stripe to match the helmet.

****in tough!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Even when the new name is in effect; people will still wear the old stuff.

Will Washington ban the wearer from the stadium? Stay tuned.

If you are walking down the street with the old gear; will You get punched out? Arrested.

Will all Redskins memorabilia have to be destroyed?

This will take time to change. Just keep your Skins gear in your collection. Your heirs can decide what to do with it.

I think how you are perceived if you still display any Skins gear in public; depends where you live. Yes, it’s probably along blue vs red lines.

I’ll leave my Skins stuff in the closet; when I new stuff to replace it with.

This was dark 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Darker colors similar to the 70th anniversary unis. Dark grey facemask. DC flag on the shoulders. I'd think gold pants with single burg stripe to match the helmet.

****in tough!

Best one I've seen yet.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

****in tough!

I like it but it does resemble Arizona State a bit too much (for me)...

JaydenDaniels_2019_13.jpg?itok=UUtO4bMN

Edited by The Evil Genius
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This was dark 

Maybe but how people who still wear Redskins gear be treated?

By the team, by society.

We finally did the right thing but all those Redskins things aren’t going away unless you choose to dispose of them.

Can someone explain the 16-18 month timeline being said by Rivera and others about the new permanent name? Are they referring to how long it would take to have everything in place including gear for sale? November 2021. Otherwise, not having a name announced till then doesn’t make sense.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Maybe but how people who still wear Redskins gear be treated?

By the team, by society.

We finally did the right thing but all those Redskins things aren’t going away unless you choose to dispose of them.

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Even when the new name is in effect; people will still wear the old stuff.

For a while, certainly.  Time will shift who wears what.

Will Washington ban the wearer from the stadium? Stay tuned.

Almost surely not.  Near impossible to enforce.

If you are walking down the street with the old gear; will You get punched out? Arrested.

Punched?  Almost assuredly not, and almost certainly not for the gear.

Arrested?  Seriously?  1st Amendment still is a thing, mate.  The Govt., i.e. the cops, can't arrest you for wearing a Skins Hat.

Will all Redskins memorabilia have to be destroyed?

Only if you want to destroy your own.  Otherwise no.

I think how you are perceived if you still display any Skins gear in public; depends where you live. Yes, it’s probably along blue vs red lines.

To some degree, probably.  

I’ll leave my Skins stuff in the closet; when I new stuff to replace it with.

Everyone will have to do whatever they think is right.

21 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Can someone explain the 16-18 month timeline being said by Rivera and others about the new permanent name? Are they referring to how long it would take to have everything in place including gear for sale? November 2021. Otherwise, not having a name announced till then doesn’t make sense.

I can all but guarantee you a permanent name and logo will be made public, with gear, prior to the start of the 2021 Draft.

Don't let the 16-18 month comment worry you.

Edited by Warfish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's so much negativity right now around this franchise, you want to maximize enthusiasm and excitement.  So putting distance between everything and the name is surely a good idea.  Ideally, in 2021, you'll be scandal free for a while that won't have done anything embarrassing, you'll have a team on the field worth rooting for, at least some fans in the stands hopefully, and you can unveil the new name and logo to the fanfare it deserves.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

There's so much negativity right now around this franchise, you want to maximize enthusiasm and excitement.  So putting distance between everything and the name is surely a good idea.  Ideally, in 2021, you'll be scandal free for a while that won't have done anything embarrassing, you'll have a team on the field with rooting for, at least some fans in the stands hopefully, and you can unveil the new name and logo to the fanfare it deserves.

The Snyder lackey guy worries me. Other than that, I like the other hires. They're all talented people with good character.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

if we have to keep the colors I’d support this tho i don’t like the R logo. But helmet colors and a deeper not darker burgundy with the design on the sleeves like this looks really nice 

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm also thinking there will never be any more throwback  uniforms for the team.

good, leave those things in the Stone Age where they belong 

I cant see the team letting anyone in the stadium with anything that says Redskins, just make that a rule and anyone who has a problem with it will get tossed.

I tossed the rest of my Redskins crap out today, not to make a political statement but mainly because the brand is ****e and I'm ready to move forward with our new team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic