Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Gary’s complaint appears to have been substantiated pretty quickly in this thread.  Because the very next post is this:

None of the NA activists seemed to make that complaint when media outlets started saying "Washington Football Club" instead of Washington Redskins.

• Like 1
Just now, Califan007 said:

None of the NA activists seemed to make that complaint when media outlets started saying "Washington Football Club" instead of Washington Redskins.

Careful, you're going to upset someone's feelings. We need to kowtow to their every whim.

• Haha 1

It’s like banning the confederate flag but keeping all the statues and schools named after confederate leaders.

... and people are going to say it’s not the same and I’ll retort that I couldn’t give two ****s what you think because you’re blinded by the love of your team like southerners are blinded by their love of being confederate.

Cause that’s what’s happening here. They aren’t changing anything at all. It’s still the Washington Redskins.

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Careful, you're going to upset someone's feelings. We need to kowtow to their every whim.

you mean the redskins? Who would care if we offended them.

Edited by Springfield
2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

You provide all the feelings necessary for this thread, my man. More than enough. Let's see just see how deeper into them you can dig. This is fascinating.  

get what your saying, they won, but continue to hound the team.  This is why I was hoping for a new name that completely cut ties with the name Redskins.  It’s time to move beyond these distractions.

I get it but you aren’t going to please anybody and the rebranding of a multi- Illini dollar franchise takes time.  

Hell, they basically punted, and people are still complaining about the color of the number on the helmet, the look is t unique, blah blah blah.  If this is the type of ire an interim name is going to draw, a rushed new-name with not fully thought out branding could be a disaster.

not saying a fully thought out marketing plan is going to please everyone.  It won’t.  And we could end up with something like the wizards debacle.  

But I am happy the team is taking its time on this. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

"Slavery<What some joe schmoe I stalk on Twitter said about my dad Max Scherzer"

You really  want to embarrass yourself badly here, dont you? :)

Boring Bored GIF - Boring Bored Yawn GIFs

If you want to DM, feel free. I am out on your petty little resentment.

Edited by Riggo#44
4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s like banning the confederate flag but keeping all the statues and schools named after confederate leaders.

Allow me to retort:

It's like banning the confederate flag, removing all symbols of the confederacy and removing the name of any Confederate officials from all parks, libraries, government buildings and military bases, and start referring to the south as the South. In other words, removing any connection between the Confederacy and the southern united states and instead referring to it by its geological location.

Now, if only the Redskins would removed the name, all Native American symbolism from the team and its uniform all the way down to even the feather, and refer to the football team as a football team and simply put player numbers as the helmet emblems...if the team would just do that, all connection to Native American culture and history would be gone and there would be no association with the NA community whatsoever, so there would be no reason for NA activists' voices to chime in on anything team-related anymore, They could focus their energies on the Chiefs, Indians and Braves like they said were "next".

If only, huh?....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The TFKA the Redskins have done everything they can in a reasonable, conceivable window, to ditch the name. It hasn't even been three weeks. The people are still complaining? It's completely ridiculous and unrealistic. What else should they do?

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Allow me to retort:

It's like banning the confederate flag, removing all symbols of the confederacy and removing the name of any Confederate officials from all parks, libraries, government buildings and military bases, and start referring to the south as the South. In other words, removing any connection between the Confederacy and the southern united states and instead referring to it by its geological location.

Now, if only the Redskins would removed the name, all Native American symbolism from the team and its uniform all the way down to even the feather, and refer to the football team as a football team and simply put player numbers as the helmet emblems...if the team would just do that, all connection to Native American culture and history would be gone and there would be no association with the NA community whatsoever, so there would be no reason for NA activists' voices to chime in on anything team-related anymore, They could focus their energies on the Chiefs, Indians and Braves like they said were "next".

If only, huh?....

Except you’re missing one giant thing. The team colors are the same. Sure, there’s no redskin on the helmet, there’s no feather, whatever.

This whole thing is a dog whistle to allow people (die hards) to continue to refer to the team as The Redskins and wear Redskins gear to games and continue that great redskins pride that comes with loving a loser franchise.

Ill add: Going to back to the confederate analogy and how you think that the Chiefs or Braves or Blackhawk or Indians are next. That’s exactly what people of the south argue. What are “they” going to come for after they rename Robert E Lee high school, or Jefferson Davis Highway?

They’ve been indoctrinated into Dixie culture in the same way that we’ve been indoctrinated into Redskins culture. And I see a lot of people here and around that simply aren’t willing to give that up.

Edited by Springfield
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Except you’re missing one giant thing. The team colors are the same. Sure, there’s no redskin on the helmet, there’s no feather, whatever.

This whole thing is a dog whistle to allow people (die hards) to continue to refer to the team as The Redskins and wear Redskins gear to games and continue that great redskins pride that comes with loving a loser franchise.

USC, University of Minnesota, Iowa State, the Kansas City Cheifs, and any one else need to change their colors too? Colors are now bad?

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

USC, University of Minnesota, Iowa State, the Kansas City Cheifs, and any one else need to change their colors too? Colors are now bad?

Do their team names or have they ever referred to the color of their skin to distinguish themselves?

(also, I never thought any of those OTHER color schemes looked particularly appealing except for maybe the Chiefs who are red and white)

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Can't really stop that. Couldn't really stop the team from keeping the name (corporate America did that).

Don't really see what color of the uniforms have to fo with it. It wasn't even the original color scheme when they were rebranded as the Redskins. People made it clear the name and the logo had to go. It's gone... So is any potentially ridiculous "Homage" half measure like "Natives " or "Warriors"

I get what your saying, they won, but continue to hound the team.  This is why I was hoping for a new name that completely cut ties with the name Redskins.  It’s time to move beyond these distractions.

What you call "distractions" never should have been allowed to arise above meaningless background noise.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Do their team names or have they ever referred to the color of their skin to distinguish themselves?

(also, I never thought any of those OTHER color schemes looked particularly appealing except for maybe the Chiefs who are red and white)

They're the same color schemes, give or take. So how is that any different?

Now that we have a new burgundy and gold “W” logo on posts when will auto-correct functionality be applied to our forum names and posts?

That way any forum name or post with “Redskins” in it will be auto-corrected to “Washington Team Football”.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Jumbo locked and unpinned this topic